Feature phone recommendations

cApNhOwDy

Weaksauce
I'm looking for a phone that meets the following minimum specs:

Most important!:
Don't have to pay for a data plan
GREAT call quality, incoming and outgoing
Easy-to-type physical keyboard
Parents still pay for the phone for now, so we're on Verizon.
AWESOME Battery Life so that I don't have to charge it every day.

Optional, but highly sought after:
WiFi/web browsing (is this even possible without buying a data plan? Phones confuse me)
.flac player w/ headphone jack
Up to 8/16/preferrably 32gb storage

Am I crazy, or does such a phone exist?

I've heard that the following might be possible options, but please note, I'm a phone n00b. I couldn't tell you if any of these supported the features I listed WITHOUT requiring a data plan, or not.

LG Cosmos Touch
LG Octane
Samsung Alias 2 (cool concept, saw a model on display at a store)
Samsung Intensity II
KIN OneM or TwoM

Please help me out, point me in the right direction, give me guidance, and give me options.

Last edited:
3.2 mexapixel camera, does video capture, has memory card slot

With the exception of the kin's none have a camera that is even close to as nice and none of the others can capture video. The kins i'd stay away from considering those things were pulled after like 3 weeks on shelves. They also don't have external memory so I don't even know if you can use them like a media player.

What if I don't plan on using the camera or video capture? I'm more interested in the quality of the phone features themselves, such as talking, texting, call quality, etc.

What if I don't plan on using the camera or video capture? I'm more interested in the quality of the phone features themselves, such as talking, texting, call quality, etc.

Then any of them except for the kin imo.

Did I miss what carrier or is it not there..

Assumeing your open the HTC freestyle on AT&T looks good.

I suggest you get an ipod touch for your wifi needs. And therefore you can get a "free" feature phone. You can also carry around a nook color or something...

Have you ever thought about just getting a phone from boost mobile or something? It's got unlimited everything for as low as $35. And you can get a smartphone.

Last edited:
Back