FEAR Sound Torubleshooting

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
I am still googling like heck to find a solution to this & figuring that this is the best community for solution, deciced to dump my problem here to see if anyone has a solution for it. Simply put, FEAR does not run at all unless I disable the sound. It will immediatly crash to the desktop with the windows box error poping up If I have the sound enabled.

Im very stumped, cus the System itself runs everything I throw at it, with normal sound, EAX, EAX HD, pretty much any version of sound featuring EAX 4.0 or lower. FEAR just wants to be the picky SOB & not run XD. UT2004, Half Life, 2, CS Source, WoW, Battlefield 2, etc, all those games that I play run absolutly flawlessly sound wise. Tried a Re-Install with the game & that didnt work either. Game is fully patched, tried to run it with the sound through each patch up, would not run. Every piece of hardware in my rig has the latest drivers. Audigy 2 Zs is running everything that is the latest. Windows Xp is fully updated as well. So this one has me very stumped =). Any help would be greatly appreciated =D.

-DarkLegacy

- Update - Came across a thread about audio codecs conflicting & how some codec packs cause this problem. Immediatly did a full uninstall of the Kazaa Lite Mega Codec Pack i had & rebooted. That worked & got me into the game. Now there is no music or sounds at all XD lol. All the options show in the Sound option except for the EAX HD. All 5 other options are now selectable as well as it was not before. Still cracking at it until I get this damn thing going =).

- Update2 - Ok, I got it going now, need to smack myself as the Codec I NEEDED was on the damn Game DVd the whole time =/.

Was it this file you had to run:

C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\WMFADist.exe

?

Back