FEAR or Quake4:Which will get your $50 1st?

I never expected Q4's single player to be great anways....so no biggie. FEAR has a more intuitive engine, so single play will probably get the upper hand. It's all about the DM for Q4 imho.

I can buy both, but I will be buying FEAR for sure (loved the demo!)
Quake 4? meh. I might buy it, after everyone else reviews it first.

Im tired of super fast non-stop multiple player on-line brain melting. Time for some singleplayer goodness without snotty kids, TKing, slow servers and other BS

Quake4 since i love Quake and already got the preorder and shirt when i was @ Quakecon05

ManCannon said:
And how many times have we seen World War 2 games?
A lot. I felt the same way and as such, the only WW2 setting game I've played is BF42, which I didn't care for. Despite all the hype around the original CoD, I never played it. Then the CoD2 demo came out and I gave it a try, and it was probably one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had. Especially with the sound turned way up.

Also been enjoying DoD:S (never played the original), but the atmosphere doesn't touch that CoD2 demo. I'll be picking up the full version the day it hits stores.

Q4 but only for the multiplayer. I'll wait till FEAR drops down to around $30.. Actually after looking at EB Games, neither. I'll be waiting to the 25th to get Civ IV :)

Steel Chicken said:
I can buy both, but I will be buying FEAR for sure (loved the demo!)
Quake 4? meh. I might buy it, after everyone else reviews it first.

Im tired of super fast non-stop multiple player on-line brain melting. Time for some singleplayer goodness without snotty kids, TKing, slow servers and other BS

Quake 4 has a single player mode too. Similar to what Quake II had. IMO both look like they'll be worth my cash.

Naldo said:
Is there a demo for quake 4?

No there isn't. Not yet, more than likely there will be a demo AFTER the game actually hits the shelves. The same as they did with Doom 3.

bipolar said:
A lot. I felt the same way and as such, the only WW2 setting game I've played is BF42, which I didn't care for. Despite all the hype around the original CoD, I never played it. Then the CoD2 demo came out and I gave it a try, and it was probably one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had. Especially with the sound turned way up.

Also been enjoying DoD:S (never played the original), but the atmosphere doesn't touch that CoD2 demo. I'll be picking up the full version the day it hits stores.

Do yourself a favor and get the original CoD and the expansion as well. Call of Duty 2's demo doesn't even touch a fraction of some of the most exciting and awe-inspiring scenes in CoD. They are really epic, epecially the Russian campaign where literally hundreds of soldiers are dying around you in a suicide rush. There are also great in-vehicle sequences, like you manning the turrets of a bomber as you fly into enemy territory, etc.

FEAR, easily.

Between BF2, CS:Source, and DoD:Source, I don't need any other multiplayer FPS action.

I'm always up for a new single player campaign, though, and I think FEAR will easily best Quake4 in that area.

Why do people give so much attention to reviews that other magazines have up? A review by some editor or a publication is nothing more than their opinion of a game. IMHO, their opinion is worth no more than your opinion(unless you are a polarized nut who hates something just for the sake of hating it, and vice versa). If its a very close decision on whether to buy or not buy a game, I may actually base my decision on a review. However, i've been disappointed by many well rated games, and have really liked some poorly rated games............

I'm a bit tired of FPS's. I'll probably getting oblivion and AOE III. Maybe STALKER. Quake IV sounds like UT with better graphics. Unfortunately there's 50,000 of those on the market already.

Spare-Flair said:
Call of Duty 2
F.E.A.R. (though I love Monolith) is another emotion-manipulating single-player against all odds, CRATE-FEST.

Um, what? You just described CoD, just with out the emotion.

ManCannon said:
And how many times have we seen World War 2 games?

No kidding. I have been sick of them for a couple years now. Between CoD, BF1942, Medal of Honor and all the rest, I don't even look at them anymore. A semi-suspensefull sci-fi shooter has more originality than most of what's come out in the last several years. Boring offices or not.

I am also looking forward to Quake 4.

Obi_Kwiet said:
I'm a bit tired of FPS's. I'll probably getting oblivion and AOE III. Maybe STALKER. Quake IV sounds like UT with better graphics. Unfortunately there's 50,000 of those on the market already.

Um, what? You just described CoD, just with out the emotion.

I'm saying CoD has logical environments. If there are crates, sure, that's because you're in the trenches and there's ammo and weapons in them. Or you're in a market and there are crates there for supplies or produce. I don't recall any crates fighting a bloody winter battle in the middle of a boreal forest. Or any crates onboard the B-17. Or any crates in the French countryside - instead they had hedges, fences, rockeries, chicken coups, etc. It just has much better and stimulating enviroments than the typical white-washed hallway or concrete warehouse that they try to make interesting by splashing the walls with blood and bullets. And with F.E.A.R. from all the demos I've seen, it's really bugged me that with the emphasis on physics and first person immersion, that doors still mysteriously pop open instead of you lowering your gun and using your hand to open them.

Fear is coming home with me first, just because I'm tired of playing the demo over and over. If Q4 had a demo out they might win me over.

I just change the gamma settings each time I play thru the FEAR demo ...then I pretend its a different level ...

I have almost completed the game now ... :)

Sir-Fragalot said:
I can purchase both at the same time as well. However, If I had to chose one, I would have to go with Quake 4 more than likely.

Fortunately I won't have to make such a choice. :D

what he said :)

I love jhaving a job :D mm, few new games, HECK new 7800GTX as well, why not 2, mm, maybe 3 and a 24' Dell widescreen while i am at it, might as well enjoy these games.

personally I think I'll enjoy the SP of FEAR more, and from the MP demo I've been loving the multiplayer.

Quake 4 also looks pretty good, I'm looking forward to the multiplayer which is supposed to be alot like quake 3.

So I guess both willl be getting me $50

Obi_Kwiet said:
Quake IV sounds like UT with better graphics..

Ummm ok, are you retarded or just new to gaming? Quake came first, then a Quake clone with a story called Unreal came out... Maybe you should rephrase that and replace UT with Q2/Q3.

junehhan said:
Why do people give so much attention to reviews that other magazines have up? A review by some editor or a publication is nothing more than their opinion of a game. IMHO, their opinion is worth no more than your opinion(unless you are a polarized nut who hates something just for the sake of hating it, and vice versa).

QFT

Bop said:
Ummm ok, are you retarded or just new to gaming? Quake came first, then a Quake clone with a story called Unreal came out... Maybe you should rephrase that and replace UT with Q2/Q3.

QFT

Except that Unreal's single player was really revolutionary when Quake's was very poor.
And what was Quake III worth besides multiplayer and a good engine to sell?

junehhan said:
Why do people give so much attention to reviews that other magazines have up? A review by some editor or a publication is nothing more than their opinion of a game. IMHO, their opinion is worth no more than your opinion(unless you are a polarized nut who hates something just for the sake of hating it, and vice versa). If its a very close decision on whether to buy or not buy a game, I may actually base my decision on a review. However, i've been disappointed by many well rated games, and have really liked some poorly rated games............

Two of my highest reasons are these:

1) The amount of money I have to spend is finite, and because of this, I'm only interested in buying quality games.

2) Not having the game here myself, I would at least like some opinion I could assume I trust.

These are my reasons. Being an avid gamer and an audio enthusiast on a budget, I feel that having opinions at hand is important. Not everyone feels the way I do. Those who dont trust reviews, I respect their decision, the same I respect those like myself who binge on them.

Anyways, back to the gameage. :cool:

Spare-Flair said:
Do yourself a favor and get the original CoD and the expansion as well. Call of Duty 2's demo doesn't even touch a fraction of some of the most exciting and awe-inspiring scenes in CoD. They are really epic, epecially the Russian campaign where literally hundreds of soldiers are dying around you in a suicide rush. There are also great in-vehicle sequences, like you manning the turrets of a bomber as you fly into enemy territory, etc.
I've been considering this since playing the demo. How do the graphics hold up?

i prebought quake 4 last week..F.E.A.R. will come later....as a mater of fact age of empires 3 will come before it lol

airiox said:
http://www.gametab.com/news/386773/

according to that, Q4 is gonna be bad. PC Gamers score for FEAR was in the 90's and the same PC Gamer gives Q4 a 70. Games as bad as Tribes: Vengence get better scores than that.

Its not like I was at all excited for Q4 though, so no disappointment here.

Hey! I thought T:V was pretty good...for a UT mod...that had nothing to do with Tribes...

For FEAR and Q4, I'm another both man, whichever gets my money first will depend entirely on which order the retailer processes my purchase.

I wouldn't rule out FEAR as a pretty good MP option aswell, the MP Demo is great fun, and with some good maps it could pWn pretty hard.

I'm probably one of the few, but I don't like any games in the Quake series. Definite pass on Quake 4.

Looks like F.E.A.R it is (although I'd wish Monolith would return to the No One Lives Forever series *tear*).

Back