FEAR 3 - $7.83 at GMG (Activates/Requires Steam)

I'm not sure if maybe it is because certain US banks are more strict? GMG is a UK store as some additional information.

I use a verified paypal account with the same e-mail as my GMG account (I actually just switch my GMG e-mail to it before purchases). The paypal account has no linked bank accounts and one linked visa credit card (Canadian visa, residing in Canada). I use the latest firefox. Dunno if this maybe helps people troubleshoot. I also use this paypal for Steam and D2D purchases.

Finally got it to go through this morning... thanks OP! It'll be worth the trouble, I think.

In my experience, any time they have any large amount of traffic going towards the site, it's a crap shoot on whether if you will be able to successfully check out or not. :(

Shortly after Skyrim was first released, they had the game available at a slight discount, but also allowed you to trade in an eligible old game for credit. Due to the trade-in program, the site was getting hammered constantly for days on end. For others who were persistent, it took them an absurd number of tries before it worked. For me, it didn't matter the method of payment I chose, nor the browser I used - it flat out would constantly give me this continuous looping error, if it even got that far. It took a support ticket and several days later to resolve the looping error before I was able to finally trade in my old game and purchase Skyrim for around $45. :rolleyes:

While their operation is legit, they aren't capable of handling nearly the amount of traffic that their, otherwise, good sales bring in. Your best bet for their near future sales is, if it's really good, but you can't get it work on your first few tries, wait a while and come back to it.

Now, with that said, I was able to get in on this deal this morning without any issues. :p Thank you OP!

they also got dead island on sale for like $14.. now i cant decide fear3 or dead island.. i have fear1 and never pushed myself to finish it.

they also got dead island on sale for like $14.. now i cant decide fear3 or dead island.. i have fear1 and never pushed myself to finish it.
if you cant finish the first game then why would you even be interested in the sequels? FEAR 2 and FEAR 3 are garbage compared to the first FEAR game.

This is weak sauce. Purchased the game finally and paid with PayPal, and now they are telling me that they are out of activation keys. They say it'll take atleast 3 more business days before they get more... Thinking about just canceling the order since they did give me the option.

This is weak sauce. Purchased the game finally and paid with PayPal, and now they are telling me that they are out of activation keys. They say it'll take atleast 3 more business days before they get more... Thinking about just canceling the order since they did give me the option.

I would wait. This is the cheapest the game has been during any of the sales.

Being that the game has been out for some time, I'm going to assume that you've simply been waiting for the right price. You can either wait ~3 days and get a key from GMG, or you can cancel your order and it will probably be many months before you see it again on sale for this price. Yeah it sucks that it's three more days, but its not like its release day and you gotta have it now. I say just wait, the game has proven thus far to be well worth the $7.

For a price comparison. The cheapest prices before were ~$15. Steam's price during the winter sale, and cheapest it has been on there, was $19.99 (as a side note, Steam also can run out of keys, and does still let you order).

Anybody else still waiting on their key to arrive? They said 3 days to get more in, and tomorrow is 3....

Mine came the same day. Actually it came instantly now that I think about it right at this moment.

For those who hesitated in buying it early and waited a day or two, we had to wait within 3 business days for our key.

But I just checked my email and got my key. :D

For those who hesitated in buying it early and waited a day or two, we had to wait within 3 business days for our key.

But I just checked my email and got my key. :D

Yeah, it came this morning at like 4:17am est.:D Better late than never, and it's all because I hesitated to purchase for so long:(

Price is showing $6.14 for me now...guess $7.83 was too expensive?

Bought mine a few days ago. Took a day to get the key, but it activated just fine. Already played a bit. Nice to know I can run max settings still on my aging 4890 (FXAA, though).

I was about to buy it but i got this message say "Sorry, the card authorisation was declined by your bank.":mad:

WTF !!!, I used my debit card BAM declined, I will call bank someday to let me buy it from there in the future.:(

I was about to buy it but i got this message say "Sorry, the card authorisation was declined by your bank.":mad:

WTF !!!, I used my debit card BAM declined, I will call bank someday to let me buy it from there in the future.:(
my bank declines that site too so I had to use paypal.

Back