FCC Questions in Google Voice App Fiasco Get Answers

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
The FCC got involved in the rejection of the Google Voice iPhone app and now Apple is saying that they did not reject the app. Engadget got their hands on the responses to the FCC’s query from AT&T, Google, and Apple and there’s some interesting back-and-forth going on here. I haven’t seen this much backpedaling since the Pacquiao/De la Hoya fight. ;)

Well, this is interesting: Google's response to "What reasons were given for rejecting Google Voice?" is completely redacted. Considering Apple openly offered its version of the story, you have to wonder what's going on here.

If I cared, I go to an Apple related site. Oh, that's right, HardOCP is quickly becoming an Apple site, isn't it?

This is not simply an Apple issue, it is an issue that has first shown up on an Apple device.

anyway if this was an apple site, they would of deleted all knowledge of this post by now, like they do with all there tech queries from users.

If I cared, I go to an Apple related site. Oh, that's right, HardOCP is quickly becoming an Apple site, isn't it?

Just a lapse in judgment. I'm sure Kyle is quickly working to change the site to cater to YOUR every need and want.

I've been using and enjoying this site for quite a few years, and I happen to have both PC and Mac... while I use [H] primarily for my PC news, I have no problem or care if they post other tech related news. I use other sites for more Apple news, but [H] is a site that will post relevant tech related articles. I'm not sure where you get the idea [H] is becoming an Apple site, do you have any facts or data to backup your claim?

man i love google and all but they are just becoming to big and using the guise as "for the people" is what is the scariest. Sometimes I feel that although I'm glad they are here, they will ruin the business model for a lot of communication companies to benefit themselves. Which in the end will hurt the average consumer.

We are all here being computers enthusiasts, not pc enthusiasts, nor just mac enthusiasts. All realms.

Hmm...that's interesting. I thought the "request for confidential treatment" was just a legally required thing that no one cared about. I didn't think any of these companies would actually use it.

Although it is ironic that Google of all companies is the one asking for privacy.

Back