I dont mind Gov. subsidies going to small businesses, you know, the ones who have to fight off the multinational corporate boot that's firmly placed on their throat making it almost impossible to be successful. bit these multibillion dollar corporations that rarely pay a dime in federal taxes, enough is enough. time to pay their fair share, no more fucking taxpayer subsidies

You are truly delusional if you think that is the way things work. By the way, large businesses will build in all sorts of special exceptions for themselves, and it is the small family businesses that get screwed over. Which improves the situation, how?

Am I? Actual data says otherwise.

Professors Martin Gilens of Princeton University and Benjamin Page of Northwestern University looked at more than 20 years of data to answer a pretty simple question: Does the government represent the people?

Their study took data from nearly 2,000 public-opinion surveys and compared what the people wanted to what the government actually did. What they found was extremely unsettling: The opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America has essentially no impact at all. Put another way, and I'll just quote the Princeton study directly here:

“The preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy."

But, of course, there's a catch. If there's one thing that still reliably gets politicians' attention, it's money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a "statistically non-significant impact," Gilens and Page found that economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence

https://scholar.princeton.edu/sites...testing_theories_of_american_politics.doc.pdf

Am I? Actual data says otherwise.

Professors Martin Gilens of Princeton University and Benjamin Page of Northwestern University looked at more than 20 years of data to answer a pretty simple question: Does the government represent the people?

Their study took data from nearly 2,000 public-opinion surveys and compared what the people wanted to what the government actually did. What they found was extremely unsettling: The opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America has essentially no impact at all. Put another way, and I'll just quote the Princeton study directly here:

“The preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy."

But, of course, there's a catch. If there's one thing that still reliably gets politicians' attention, it's money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a "statistically non-significant impact," Gilens and Page found that economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence

https://scholar.princeton.edu/sites...testing_theories_of_american_politics.doc.pdf

IDFP.jpg

Please, tell me, how is a tax law made by big business going to benefit small businesses and the less wealthy? I'm waiting.

Back