FCC Chairman Ajit Pai “Jokes” about Being a Verizon Shill

Every political conversation since election:

Me: Trump admin is doing some whacko crazy shit. This is way off the norm.
Response: Yeah but whatabout Obama and Hillary?
Me: I know state run media talks about them EVERY DAY.... but they do not hold public office and never will again... sooo... yeah.

I have never understood why discussing what is going on right now always devolves into what someone else did before.

Okay, so best case - you're right, someone else was screwing us too. Yay! Can we try to fix Now, because I cannot go back and fix Then.

We can't be third world... by definition.

Somehow third world became the equivalent of "crap" or something, which isn't what it means.

What's the opposite of developing nation then? Declining?

this has more Democrats written over it than trump, plus it comes form obamas time too!

Wtf are you talking about? Wheeler was Obama's nomination for FCC chair, and he pushed the title II regulations to give the FCC authority to enforce NN rules. Pai is the cheeto's pick for chair, and like all his other choices for top positions is against everything his department is supposed to stand for..... And lets not forget the fact that only the GOP is against NN rules, while all dems are for NN. So no, only 1 side is to blame for this specific dose of fuckery (as well as other majors bullshit, but that's for another topic).

Every political conversation since election:

Me: Trump admin is doing some whacko crazy shit. This is way off the norm.
Response: Yeah but whatabout Obama and Hillary?
Me: I know state run media talks about them EVERY DAY.... but they do not hold public office and never will again... sooo... yeah.

Whataboutism at it's finest. Don't bother trying to be or do better, just say whatabout the last guy and you win!

Wtf are you talking about? Wheeler was Obama's nomination for FCC chair, and he pushed the title II regulations to give the FCC authority to enforce NN rules. Pai is the cheeto's pick for chair, and like all his other choices for top positions is against everything his department is supposed to stand for..... And lets not forget the fact that only the GOP is against NN rules, while all dems are for NN. So no, only 1 side is to blame for this specific dose of fuckery (as well as other majors bullshit, but that's for another topic).

What about Mattis?

What about Mattis?

Mad Dog mattis? The pro-war general nominated for secretary of defense? What about him? I would say that still fits what I said, is that the best example you have? Because we can go through just about every single one of his appointees and show they are either severely unqualified for their position, or have clear conflict of interest.

No no no. That's not what you said. I'll bold it for you again. I don't believe Mattis is against everything his department is supposed to stand for, your words.

No no no. That's not what you said. I'll bold it for you again. I don't believe Mattis is against everything his department is supposed to stand for, your words.

Our secretary of defense is severely pro war..... Guess we're going with a good offense is the best defense? But we are playing world police (because war = money) so why not..... Still stand by what I said i both posts.

Our secretary of defense is severely pro war..... Guess we're going with a good offense is the best defense? But we are playing world police (because war = money) so why not..... Still stand by what I said i both posts.

I see you are the type that doubles down when clearly wrong.

Carry on.

I have no love for this guy and I really want this to be right, but I"m having trouble with this being from 2003.

1. If Senator Cruz is Ted (and I suspect it is), he wasn't in office in 2003
2. Snapchat didn't exist in 2003 either.

I didn't finish watching it after I noticed this stuff, but I'm skeptical.

Guys, this runaway train of unfettered greed and two tiered justice will not stop. What we have been witnessing is NOT politics as usual IMO. What we see unfolding is a unprecedented "FAST BURN" Corporate Coup d'état. The Plutocrats that truly rule this country in all but official designation, are not tip-toeing any more. The 1% are on a open rampage which historically has been performed countless times throughout history when a nation state (Empire) is in "late stage" collapse. Grabbing as much as they can before the people catch on (wake up) to what they know (and have known for some time) is coming (a financial collapse WORSE than Greece's and or WW3).

I'm not a Democrat or Republican, I loathe both equally and largely for the same reasons. That said, I firmly believe we will soon "collectively" face a time that none of us will be able to retreat into our standard comforts, routines, and distractions turning a blind eye to the reckless, inhumane, depraved, $elf $erving behaviors in DC, Wall Street, and the Pentagon / CIA,FBI,NSA. At times, I'm guilty of this very thing, it's damn hard to be aware of whats REALLY going on and yet go about my daily life / routine and not be deeply effected with the burden of this knowledge / awareness. The elites, politicians, and bureaucrats will do nothing to stop the rampant Corporate looting, sweeping injustices, economic collapse, austerity, and war(s).
The share of wealth owned by the top 0.1% in the United States is approximately the same as the bottom 90%! A level of wealth income inequality (which continues to skyrocket) not seen since the days of Ancient Egypt and the Pharaoh's.

We desperately need to collectively put aside our political / ideological bias, bigotry, and racism and unite by the tens of millions or "soon" face hardships, suffering, and totalitarian fascism / violence in America the likes we have never seen before inside of a decade (given our current pace and trajectory). We need social revolution the likes of which exceed that of the 1930's. The last REAL formidable citizen organized resistance to tyranny died out in the early 1970's. We have much to accomplish and little time to do it. Our government is lost to "We the people" corrupted beyond reform at all levels of government. The naive notions of "Vote the bums out" and or "change the system from within" is a fairy tail on par with "truly" believing in the Easter Bunny @ 40 years old. We have to go around the politicians 95% of whom are (in all but official designation) "employee's" of Multinational Corporations, Elite Banks, Special Interest Groups, and the Military Industrial Complex (the REAL rulers of this country!) The aforementioned four groups are who our politicians and bureaucrats truly serve, fear, and answer to. It's long past time "We the People" took back our power...
You are saying we are rapidly heading to fascism just come out and say it. You are right. They will engineer some super terrorist attack , just like Hitler did with the Reichstag fire. He the decreed martial law and seized all power for his Nazis. He had the backing of the three largest capitalists in Germany: the Krupps, the Farbens, and the Thiessens. Trump has the backing of Koch brothers and about a dozen other billionaire entrepreneurs. Those capitalists who opposed his methods have been silenced by the huge tax breaks they will soon receive. The working class is going to be hit very hard in the next few years. The Democrats are no better and helped pave the way for fascism as well. Frankly I am a revolutionary egalitarian communist. That is what I organize and struggle for. I am also an oldster in bad health but I do what I can to develop revolutionary working class youth. See www.plp.org

I said 2 years ago, 'America will get the president that the world deserves'. As painful as it is to see what keeps happening, I still stand by that statement.

Trump has many more enemies if you go down that route. Sure point at a couple of billionaires that support him. There are way more against him, most of the large cap media outlets are against him.

I said 2 years ago, 'America will get the president that the world deserves'. As AWESOME as it is to see what keeps happening, I still stand by that statement.

Fixed that for you.

Trump has many more enemies if you go down that route. Sure point at a couple of billionaires that support him. There are way more against him, most of the large cap media outlets are against him.

Fixed that for you.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Cheers!

Back