FBI Warns of Storm Worm Virus

HardOCP News

[H] News
While all of you are up to date and protected, we all know people that need a heads up (friends, family and significant others). Spread the word, not the worm.

The FBI and its partner, the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), have received reports of recent spam e-mails spreading the Storm Worm malicious software, known as malware. These e-mails, which contain the phrase “F.B.I. vs. facebook,” direct e-mail recipients to click on a link to view an article about the FBI and Facebook, a popular social networking website. The Storm Worm virus has also been spread in the past in e-mails advertising a holiday e-card link.

what can this storm worm virus do to your computer?:confused:

im sure something like generously assisting either data loss or turning your pc into a DDoS zombie.. either way... it'll be a desirable application :)

What is with people and this virus? This is the same one from a month ago when Iran had their missle test and the emails started going out in regards to WWIII and war between the USA and Iran. Hopefully with this virus being so old most AV software will catch it.

Forget storm, we need GW on the toob telling the nation that "XP AntiVirus 2008" is not gonna fix anything on their PC.

I'm so tired of cleaning it off peeps systems already.

Storm is actually very interesting! Its a HUGE botnet, and the virus is very often updated to new versions that can evade antivirus. Most interesting, it is a self-defending botnet that will automatically launch DDoS attacks when it is probed.

The guys that made / maintain it are geniuses, and Microsoft needs to hire them to program the next version of windows. I'm pretty sure this virus updates more often than Microsoft anyway. :)

Forget storm, we need GW on the toob telling the nation that "XP AntiVirus 2008" is not gonna fix anything on their PC.

I'm so tired of cleaning it off peeps systems already.

LOL. I have gotten two calls about that program this week.

End uers "um... are you pushing a new program called XP Antivirus 2008 to my machine as it wants me to install it"

me "no, that is a virus. if you install it I will break your fingers"

Back