FBI ‘Grappling’ With Hiring Policy About Smoking Weed

Beer is just as bad. Drunk drivers kill a lot of innocent people.

I bet with enough study we can isolate genetic traits associated with the tendency to get addicted to things and, through breeding programs, significantly reduce the number of people likely to develop drug addictions over time.
Which is why we punish people who misuse alcohol and drive drunk. We don't charge people with crimes for consuming alcohol in a responsible fashion. I think that's all that people are asking for. Making people into criminals for personal use of marijuana is silly.

Also, marijuana is not addictive.

Which is why we punish people who misuse alcohol and drive drunk. We don't charge people with crimes for consuming alcohol in a responsible fashion. I think that's all that people are asking for. Making people into criminals for personal use of marijuana is silly.

Also, marijuana is not addictive.

While it might not be chemically addictive, there's nothing stopping people from developing a psychological reliance on it as a coping mechanism. That much should be pretty obvious by the number of repeat offenders we have to throw in jail for having and using the stuff. If they weren't dependent on it, they'd learn the first time and stop doing it instead of becoming returning guests in their local slammo. :( That's still probably something we can isolate in faulty genetics and do away with in the future thanks to *cue music* SCIENCE.

While it might not be chemically addictive, there's nothing stopping people from developing a psychological reliance on it as a coping mechanism. That much should be pretty obvious by the number of repeat offenders we have to throw in jail for having and using the stuff. If they weren't dependent on it, they'd learn the first time and stop doing it instead of becoming returning guests in their local slammo. :( That's still probably something we can isolate in faulty genetics and do away with in the future thanks to *cue music* SCIENCE.
Psychological dependence is a problem with the person. People become "addicted" psychologically to all sorts of things, including video games and sex. We probably have people on this forum that are "addicted" to MMOs. That's not something you can blame marijuana for.

Psychological dependence is a problem with the person. People become "addicted" psychologically to all sorts of things, including video games and sex. We probably have people on this forum that are "addicted" to MMOs. That's not something you can blame marijuana for.

I kinda already covered that (and the beer thing) when I mentioned earlier that it's sorta evasive to accuse other things of being problems that distract from having a conversation directly about it. I know it's hard to keep focused on it without saying that other things are also bad (and I agree, that MMOs are horrible for peoples' lives and can have similar adverse impacts when compared to using chemical substances) but I think we should address the problems that marijuana causes instead of dancing around it by talking about it in terms of beer or video games.

I kinda already covered that (and the beer thing) when I mentioned earlier that it's sorta evasive to accuse other things of being problems that distract from having a conversation directly about it. I know it's hard to keep focused on it without saying that other things are also bad (and I agree, that MMOs are horrible for peoples' lives and can have similar adverse impacts when compared to using chemical substances) but I think we should address the problems that marijuana causes instead of dancing around it by talking about it in terms of beer or video games.
I didn't dance around the issue at all. I stated that marijuana is not physically addictive, which is a fact. You said that it is psychologically addictive, which is not a fault of marijuana, it is a fault with the individual. We live in a free society where people are allowed to make their own decisions. I don't want to live in a nanny state where the government bans anything that might be harmful to people as individuals. I'm not shifting the argument to another topic, I'm showing that that psychological addiction isn't a valid argument against marijuana legalization.

I didn't dance around the issue at all. I stated that marijuana is not physically addictive, which is a fact. You said that it is psychologically addictive, which is not a fault of marijuana, it is a fault with the individual. We live in a free society where people are allowed to make their own decisions. I don't want to live in a nanny state where the government bans anything that might be harmful to people as individuals. I'm not shifting the argument to another topic, I'm showing that that psychological addiction isn't a valid argument against marijuana legalization.

I think the US might not be the right place for you. There have been public safety regulations for pretty much as long as the nation has existed. Things like speed limits on roads are a pretty good example and so are laws that protect people under the age of 18 from being able to enter legally binding contractual agreements. I really don't think a free society can exist for very long without becoming a regulated society by consensus and if that means someone can't legally drive as fast as they want wherever they want or shoot guns randomly at buildings in a city, it's probably a good thing and not a bad thing.

I think the US might not be the right place for you. There have been public safety regulations for pretty much as long as the nation has existed. Things like speed limits on roads are a pretty good example and so are laws that protect people under the age of 18 from being able to enter legally binding contractual agreements. I really don't think a free society can exist for very long without becoming a regulated society by consensus and if that means someone can't legally drive as fast as they want wherever they want or shoot guns randomly at buildings in a city, it's probably a good thing and not a bad thing.
I'm not really sure how to even respond to this, honestly. Are you incapable of discerning between the harm posed by someone shooting firearms at buildings and driving above the speed limit, and personal recreational use of marijuana? No one is advocating that it should be legal to light up anywhere, anytime, with no regulation.

I'm not really sure how to even respond to this, honestly. Are you incapable of discerning between the harm posed by someone shooting firearms at buildings and driving above the speed limit, and personal recreational use of marijuana? No one is advocating that it should be legal to light up anywhere, anytime, with no regulation.

No, I don't want to equate using illegal drugs to something else. I was trying to explain that the nation you live in is regulated in a lot of ways and that having an expectation that there isn't any regulation misses a lot of those regulatory elements that keep people safe and society stable. I admit it's a little off topic from being a stoner, but I was trying to respond to the nanny state thing since I think that a lot of people have unreaslistic expectations about the nation they live in and the importance of an orderly, regulated system of laws and consequences.

Yes, we know doing drugs is really bad and no, it's close to, but not quite at the same level of shooting at buildings randomly. It's dangerous for society and bad for the individual, but people should get arrested and given due process for recreational drug use and then put into a prison where they can get help in an institutionalized setting. People shooting just randomly at stuff, IMHO, should just be stopped by any means necessary and we can worry about due process if they live through the police response.

I just don't think people using drugs for fun or who have used drugs for fun at some point in their past should be allowed to continue existing in our society.
Alcohol is a drug too, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that people with stupid opinions shouldn't be allowed to continue existing in our society.

Please step inside my train and I can show you what my 'final solution' to the problem is. :D

I really don't think those two are related to one another. I think better control of weapons and a general cultural shift that makes violence a lot more frowned upon as a solution to problems is more of an influence.

...BETTER control of weapons? There are more weapons in civilian hands than ever before. Concealed carry was only legal in a handful of states 20 years ago, and is now legal in basically every state. The Assault Weapons Ban was thankfully allowed to expire.

Oh, I get it. Better control of weapons. By citizens. Gun control. You're wily. ;)

Prescription drugs are issued to a person when the benefits of the drug outweigh the side effects and risks.

LMFAO. That's funny. Tell that to the millions of people who have been put through multiple MAOIs with horrific results. Psychiatrists give out medication based on popularity, not on symptoms.

Also dosage is controlled thanks to testing and review of health professionals and the doctor's medical examination. New drugs are subjected to analysis, testing, and reviews. Bad things get pulled from the market.

Having work experience in the clinical research industry, LMFAO again. Bad things do not get pulled from the market, especially if the pharmaceutical company is buds with the FDA. You have a remarkably naive view on many things.

Recreational drug users don't generally have dosage guidance, usually obtain their drugs from sources that don't use sanitary manufacturing and handling, and haven't undergone an examination to determine if the substance is necessary for their well-being.

This is all speculation on your part. The internet provides ample guidance for safe drug usage if one is so inclined to research the topic. I can't speak for other drugs, but law enforcement has already conceded that marijuana from Colorado, Washington, California, Michigan, and the rest of the medical marijuana states has dominated US weed consumption, closely followed by those shady Vancouver growers. What we're getting these days is mostly high-grade shit grown in professional conditions. I know, I know...the word "drug" must automatically mean it's grown in a dark, grody basement by Mara Salvatrucha vatos.

Those differences are partly responsible for the negative opinions about drug users and the rest of the negativity is their own doing which they're gonna have a hard time escaping because of how ill-fitting they are in mainstream society.

The negative opinions about drug users are due to decades of propaganda stretching as far back as the Reefer Madness of the 1930s. Mainstream society is legalizing marijuana because it has been accepted as not a threat to society. Dear, oh dear. You have a lot of catching up to do, kitty.

these potheads need to quit acting like teenagers and start using some good old fashioned prescription opiates

I'm surprised there are so many people here that think they aren't surrounded by marijuana users. You are. You don't realize it, but you are. Every level of industry, every profession, law enforcement included; they exist. I would dare say 25% of the population have used it in the last year.

...BETTER control of weapons? There are more weapons in civilian hands than ever before. Concealed carry was only legal in a handful of states 20 years ago, and is now legal in basically every state. The Assault Weapons Ban was thankfully allowed to expire.

Oh, I get it. Better control of weapons. By citizens. Gun control. You're wily. ;)

LMFAO. That's funny. Tell that to the millions of people who have been put through multiple MAOIs with horrific results. Psychiatrists give out medication based on popularity, not on symptoms.

Having work experience in the clinical research industry, LMFAO again. Bad things do not get pulled from the market, especially if the pharmaceutical company is buds with the FDA. You have a remarkably naive view on many things.

This is all speculation on your part. The internet provides ample guidance for safe drug usage if one is so inclined to research the topic. I can't speak for other drugs, but law enforcement has already conceded that marijuana from Colorado, Washington, California, Michigan, and the rest of the medical marijuana states has dominated US weed consumption, closely followed by those shady Vancouver growers. What we're getting these days is mostly high-grade shit grown in professional conditions. I know, I know...the word "drug" must automatically mean it's grown in a dark, grody basement by Mara Salvatrucha vatos.

The negative opinions about drug users are due to decades of propaganda stretching as far back as the Reefer Madness of the 1930s. Mainstream society is legalizing marijuana because it has been accepted as not a threat to society. Dear, oh dear. You have a lot of catching up to do, kitty.

So, do you use illegal drugs?

BTW, can anyone name a recent president that has claimed to NEVER have used marijuana? Mmmhmm. If its OK for the very top of the government heirarchy, it shold be fine for your techs.

I have a feeling those most adamant against pot legalization weren't cool enough as kids to have tried pot.

I've read your posts on this forum, so I'm going to have to call BS.... unless we're not counting legal prescription drug abuse? *shrugs* :p

*gasp* You're such a big meanie head! :eek: :p

I might seem a little crazy or something, but there's a completely good reason for it. After trying to move Live Tiles around on the Start Screen for your mommy after you got her a Windows 8 laptop, pretty much ANYONE would be easily mistaken for being loony.

I have a feeling those most adamant against pot legalization weren't cool enough as kids to have tried pot.

I didn't know old people still bragged about their social cliques from high school, but I'm pretty sure we can blame being brain-locked on being a teenager can be blamed on all that drug abuse.

*gasp* You're such a big meanie head! :eek: :p

I might seem a little crazy or something, but there's a completely good reason for it. After trying to move Live Tiles around on the Start Screen for your mommy after you got her a Windows 8 laptop, pretty much ANYONE would be easily mistaken for being loony.

I didn't know old people still bragged about their social cliques from high school, but I'm pretty sure we can blame being brain-locked on being a teenager can be blamed on all that drug abuse.

You seem to assume that anyone that is pro pot is a drug abuser. You might want to change that view if you want anyone to take you seriously.

You seem to assume that anyone that is pro pot is a drug abuser. You might want to change that view if you want anyone to take you seriously.

No worries. The only people who take that guy seriously are a couple of other trolls. Everyone else is familiar with this guy's trolling (and/or extreme stupidity).

Yeah, what Dan said. I kinda pondered putting like a disclaimer in my sig, but I think it's kinda obvious that taking me seriously is sort of a silly idea. Then again...:eek:...there are a lot of people who make online forums into super serious business.

Oooh, I did have to ask, have you ever or do you currently use illegal drugs? I'm just curious.

Because (and I really hate that I even have to explain this - I mean come on this is obvious) killing someone else harms someone else. You personally choosing to smoke marijuana doesn't harm anyone else.

Until they live in the same apartment complex or are at the same bus stop, etc....

I've read your posts on this forum, so I'm going to have to call BS.... unless we're not counting legal prescription drug abuse? *shrugs* :p

Don't lose your train of thought. The question was "illegal drugs".

Don't lose your train of thought. The question was "illegal drugs".

Basing an argument of whether something is right or wrong on the legal status of that thing is never a valid argument. Especially when it's been proven that the legal status of that thing is based upon racism, not scientific evidence whatsoever. Your insistence on talking about the drug as it relates to the legal status is a further attempt at trolling.

When legislators wrongfully think that they can make ANYTHING illegal with a simple majority vote, they create criminals in the eyes of the law. But the fact remains that the intentions behind the law are flawed, and the law itself has nothing to do with the dangers of cannabis.

Until they live in the same apartment complex or are at the same bus stop, etc....
Well that's rude, but no more rude than a guy smoking a cigar or cigarette all up in your face. That's already illegal though, and if someone lights up a J in a legal smoking area, I would have a hard time finding an ass on any rats nearby that cared.

Or until they get into a car and drive
Or until they drive a train
Or until they are working with dangerous equipment like nuclear reactors or high pressure pumps
Or until they are working with high explosives
Or until they support a drug dealer which gets his drugs from a local drug lord, which has no problems killing people "to protect" his business.

Or until they get into a car and drive
Or until they drive a train
Or until they are working with dangerous equipment like nuclear reactors or high pressure pumps
Or until they are working with high explosives
Or until they support a drug dealer which gets his drugs from a local drug lord, which has no problems killing people "to protect" his business.
At the same time? And are they drinking alcohol too?

This is your argument? Wow, way to lose any credibility. You have to be "cool enough" to try pot :rolleyes:

Basing an argument of whether something is right or wrong on the legal status of that thing is never a valid argument. Especially when it's been proven that the legal status of that thing is based upon racism, not scientific evidence whatsoever. Your insistence on talking about the drug as it relates to the legal status is a further attempt at trolling.

When legislators wrongfully think that they can make ANYTHING illegal with a simple majority vote, they create criminals in the eyes of the law. But the fact remains that the intentions behind the law are flawed, and the law itself has nothing to do with the dangers of cannabis.

What if I think revenge killing is right? Just because my own morals are different doesn't mean it's right to just go out and kill someone for revenge. It seems that ignoring laws is the new "cool" thing to do, because no one can find anything else to do anymore I guess.

What if I think revenge killing is right? Just because my own morals are different doesn't mean it's right to just go out and kill someone for revenge. It seems that ignoring laws is the new "cool" thing to do, because no one can find anything else to do anymore I guess.

Notice how every single one of the anti-pot idiots have to compare pot to murder just to sound like they have a point... lol. Seriously grasping at straws.

This is your argument? Wow, way to lose any credibility. You have to be "cool enough" to try pot :rolleyes:

Loose credibility? How, by saying that people who have never tried something and are hard core proponents of the anti (insert whatever) agenda here. Then they should be openly called out as hypocrites and douche-bags.

Notice how every single one of the anti-pot idiots have to compare pot to murder just to sound like they have a point... lol. Seriously grasping at straws.

It's an obvious example, so that everyone can get a clear picture. Why would I compare it to something that not everyone will take the right way/understand?

Also, are we done calling everyone who isn't agreeing with smoking pot an idiot? I'm getting bored of seeing you guys insult others just because they don't agree with your views.

It's an obvious example, so that everyone can get a clear picture. Why would I compare it to something that not everyone will take the right way/understand?

Also, are we done calling everyone who isn't agreeing with smoking pot an idiot? I'm getting bored of seeing you guys insult others just because they don't agree with your views.

I don't call non-pot-smokers idiots. I call idiots who think smoking pot is equivalent to murder idiots. And what are people getting a clear picture of by doing so? The bullshit you pulled straight out of your ass? Are you Ann Coulter?

But... but... Nancy Grace told me about a mother of three she knew who was a good upstanding god fearing citizen that paid her taxes, and she shot a marijuana into her vein once and then she was addicted and her teeth fell out and she prostituted her children to feed her addiction.

Is that what you want? Child prostitution!?!? All so you can get your marijuana fix? That's not the country I want to live in!

Loose credibility? How, by saying that people who have never tried something and are hard core proponents of the anti (insert whatever) agenda here. Then they should be openly called out as hypocrites and douche-bags.

It's not hard to get a hand on pot, and you trying to call everyone who is against it a bunch of nerds/losers in HS really makes no sense here. Unless you are proud of being popular in HS, which means nothing to anyone above the age of 16. Oh, and I know some people who have tried it and don't care for it either, but they must be douche-bags.

Well, you didn't answer my question about whether or not you're currently using or have previously used illegal drugs.

Back