Fax Server Recommendations

rosco

Gawd
I've got a client who sends out 2,000 or so faxes per week using a fax service. They fax to client they have in their ACT database. Right now, they're using a online service to do this.

They're looking to cut some costs and want me to look into fax servers for them. What do you guys recommend? Any other suggestions for me?

Basically, they'd like to maintain a database of fax numbers and send out mass faxes one or two times a week to these 2,000 or so numbers. Let me know if you need more info.

We use an online service - we usually only send out 500 faxes at a time though. We used to send out the faxes through our in-house program, but for the amount of time it tied up the lines, plus the long distance charges, it got pretty expensive.

We use http://jblast.j2.com/ and they charge six cents per page faxed in the USA. I doubt you could come in cheaper with a fax server.

I know what you're saying. The other thing is that if they only have say 4 or 5 phone lines they plan on using for this, it would take them forever to fax out thousands of pages.

I tried telling them this, but, they wanted me to look into it. The service they use now charges 5.5 cents per page so the rate is pretty competitive.

Any other thoughts?

i second the jblast. At my old company we used that. Wored pretty well, and it beats not having to manage yet another piece of equipment. Outsource that biotch

Back