Fax Appliance

XOR != OR

[H]F Junkie
Hey all, I'm looking around for fax appliances, and was hoping to get some feedback from some of you who have worked with these. What I'd like is to be able to setup a server to accept faxes and email them to predetermined email addresses based on the dest phone number.

I've been digging and I've found a few solutions, but I'd really love to hear anybody's feedback from here. Real world experience.

Small Business Server has something like that.

Personally we use Fax2Mail and it works awesome. Someone faxes our # and it gets delivered to whatever address. You need to fax? Eaither go to a regular fax machine or send an email to <fax#>@fax2mail.com and attatch your document and your done.

Edit: We do quiet alot of business and buy accounts in blocks of 5. We have about 25 accounts.

Ah, yes, the one restriction would be that the analog lines would have to be delivered locally. This is for confidential and law enforcement stuff. Otherwise I'd jump all over the internet based stuff.

I'll check MS to see what they have, maybe I can try it on one of our other servers. Thanks!

Check out a product called Rightfax by Captaris, that might fit your needs.

We aren't using asterisk at this location, which is a damn shame. But for this, we'd need vendor support. So while I could throw together a hylfax solution, without a vendor to back me up the proposal would go no where.

Back