Favorite weapon in a game?

Icewindius

Gawd
Tough question, what was your most favorite or most useful gun you've played in any game?

By far, it would have to be the Fusion Cannon from Turok Dinosaur Hunter from N64. My friend calls me up and says "Bryce, you HAVE to let me come over to your house to see this!! *I had a better sound system*

So my friend drags over his N64 and his turok game * I was PSX only devote* He reaches over and cranks my stero wwaaaaay oup "Check this fucker out!" he says as this huge fucking gun appears on my tv screen and a big rumble sound comes and then fires the gun. The explosion was so loud it blew off a big beer mug on top of the end table and shook the entire house and I screamed out, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! :eek:

My father stomped his way down the stairs screaming at the top of this lungs.... WHAT IN BLUE FUCKING CHRIST WAS THAT????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say me and my friend bust out laughing hysterically.

Only other gun that I loved more then that sucker was the "FireHose of Death" on Half Life. God I loved that gun, I killed so many damn infantry with that thing, it was so gratifying :D

Oh, the pipebombs and lasertrip mines in Duke Nukem 3D were an absolute gas to fuck around with in multiplayer. I still remember playing that back in High School and my nerdy ass teammate decided it would be funny to 50+ laser mines next to a spawn point in one area. Lucky me, I spawned right into the middle of it, the resulting explosion locked up and crashed the server. My friends were not amused with him

Im sorry but for all of us that have played decent 3, no matter how crappy it was, the Black Shark was easily the coolest weapon of all time. I mean, its a missle that creates a black hole, then a huge explosion :D

Also the redeemer from UT was awesome, and the strangelove mod was soo cool.

Some of the weapons from the Heretic series were pretty sweet.

However my favorite weapons are probably of the Nuclear variety from games like C&C: Generals, and Rise of Nations.

how about the rail gun in vice city, that fucking thing could blow up cars like they were baloons, ahh i rember just sitting in a building and blowing military to hell

i would say the Perferator from Quake 1. something about shooting huge ass nails with an awesome rate of fire is just pure fun.

The Gloun Gun from Half-Life. That thing could kill anything within seconds...the ammo would run out pretty fas too, but DAMN!

bfg9000 from doom, it was just so fun in multiplayer to see people in deathmatch turn tail and run when they hear that gun charge up. although i really liked the bfg9000 in the doom beta, when it was a wall of green plasma balls

- Worms (Original) - Banana Bomb or Sheep

- All the weapons from the many versions of worms - because while playing you say to yourself "how drunk where these guys when they made this game??" ie .. random stone donkey falling from the sky takeing out a large section of the map. madcows,old grannys,skunks,flaming rolls of carpet,little worms with uzi's and miniguns need i say more ?

- BFG - Doom
- Golden Gun - 007
- Reaper - Perfect Dark
- Yellow Snowball - Southpark
- ______________________

Weapons in current games im playing
- Mp44 or BAR - CoD - countless number of people taken down with them :D

Thors Hammer from one of the Quake expansion sets... Holy shit.

You'd just like hit the ground and everything around you would be zapped.

does anyone know the true meaning of BFG in BFG9000( i hope to god you all do as you are all gamers)

BIG FUCKING GUN!!!!!!

also, the shock combo in UT2K3 produces LARGE amounts of bass, i love it

and, double barrel shotgun in doom owned so [H]ard

WAIT!!!in 007:Agent Under Fire the Q-Claw was the SHIT!, i loved getting the cloak and just clawing people to death in the town, not to mention you can claw yourself to just about anywhere in that game.

The shotgun form Postal 2 that you can attach cats and fire them at people, it was the most hilarious thing i have ever seen.

lightsabre. not to be a star wars nerd. *cause i'm not* but i'm playing jedi acamedy (i just killed my friend and went to the darkside!!!)with just a sabre. it's pretty wicked.

other than that, either the smartgun from AVP2 or the machinegun/grenade launcher.

Hard to say really, but my current favorite out of the games I'm playing at the moment is the Colt 1911 in Silent Storm. Much fun.

Oh, and the Sticky Bombs in Shadow Warrior...

Day of Defeat v2.x beta , I loved the carbine, and since then I've started to suck with it or they nerfed it.
Presently in DoD, I love the Thompson. I'd say my favorite is to be a sniper, nothing like running through the house on avalanche, killing a couple axis with a single clip from your trusty 1911, then clearing out the plaza with the springfield, only to finally move up and cap a flag with the colt back in your hand.

Originally posted by hellomcfly
- Worms (Original) - Banana Bomb or Sheep

Never really actually played the original Worms, but being one of the evil roper types, I was always a fan of a Priceless Ming Vase at point blank, although Banana Bombs were definitely good too. I'll have to admit that my favorite weapon was probably the Holy Hand Grenade though. I don't know why, but the sound effect (a chorous singing "Hallelujah!" beforeit blew up) was always oddly hilarious.

Other favorite weapons of mine:

-Exploding Powder (Dungeon Siege): Just find a nice quiet spot some distance away from the enemies, aim, and drop one, watch it go bounce, bounce, bounce, SPLATTER! as it gibs a whole pack of Krugs in one shot. Not really all that powerful, but a lot of fun to mess with.

-Death's Head (Scorched Earth): Uh, you weren't planning on leaving anyone at the end, were you?

-The "Purple Toothpaste Laser" (Raiden II, Raiden DX): I usually use the blue straight lasers actually, but I like this name that was given to the weapon.

Turok had some of the best weapons in a fps imo.

Also loved the M1 garand in MOH:AA.
it just had this "feeling" to it, in COD it kinda lost it somehow.

Then there's the Scythe in Blade of darkness.
It was a blast to time it right so you could hit someone then swinggg around and catch them in the neck with it and just send their head flying off.

A lot of my favs have already been said but I must add the G-18 from Syphon Filter. It was an extremely rapid fire pistol that you could use to decapitate enemies with since it fired so fast. Lots of laughs using it.

forgot about the grappling hook for the quakes. most memorable was playing q2ctf and grappling onto the enemy stealing our flag, not one of the most effective weapon, but one of the funnest items ive used in a FPS

Linear Launcher from Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

Dual Enforcers from Unreal Tournament

Flak Cannon from UT2k3

Spread from Contra (old school NES version)

Originally posted by Acceptable_Risk
I always liked the Zippo + Lysol combo from Blood.
OOHHH YAH!!!!
I was also partial the flare gun in Blood and the Black Hole Gun/Orb from Blood 2.

The Blood games easily had the best weapons of all time.

I like the shovel in Day of Defeat...

I am suprised no one has mentioned the Half-Life crowbar... :D

Well nothing has really topped that click-clack-boom weapon. You all know what I am referring too don´t lie :D

Other competitives is the LA 7. Lethal in the right hands.

Lightsabre of course.
DOOM rocket launcher

n e 1 used the UT2K3 teleporter as a weapon ? AWESOME fun, if a bit tricky to get the nack of. Bypasses health/shield no matter what, plus u r flying all over the place while someone is trying to shoot u, making u V [H] to hit.

There is nothing more gratifying then sitting atop the mountians above the Opposition base In Desert Combat with a Barret 50 cal . I just love sitting there ok come out of the hangar..... stay still......stop moving.......BLAM and he crumples into a heap on the ground. Its even more fun when they are running to the planes and you hit em moving. Now THAT is a great weapon.

Yes as above poster I am also partial to DC, so either the barret m82 50 cal or the PK machinegun, ROCK ON PK WHORES :D

Flak cannon and sniper rifle in UT...especially with the Chaos UT mod and the rocket propelled bullets. :D

And the portable cannon from Serious Sam... That one was good for mowing down mobs with.

m16a2 and m4a1 carbine from americas army. it just feels so good to shoot.

My list of favorites:

Quake 2: Chaingun. That fucker could unleash some rounds.

UT/UT2K3: The Plasma rifles. I pwn with that gun.

Shogo: Not a weapon but the Tractor Beam is my favorite. YOu can attach to someone and as long as you held the key down, you were hooked to them. Even after you died.

Ravenshield: M4 with Miniscope.

MoHAA: M1 Garand. Quite versatile as its good for close range and for sniping.

I have more to list but Im to lazy.:D

EDIT: I thought of another weapon I REALLY like. The Flamethrower in RTCW.

Back