Favorite VR experiences

uriz3n

n00b
As I'm messing around with Vive, wanted to see what are you guys liking the most on both platforms?

So far, my top 3 would be:

Fantastic Contraption - great use of roomscale and controllers, and seems like an actual full fun game so far
Virtual Desktop - cause you need one, SteamVR desktop mode is useless
The Lab - few demos there are really cool

Elite because it's an actual game rather than a tech demo, and I love how they've set up the cockpit with different parts of the hud at different depths. Although the maps are basically unusable, they really need to sort that out. Looking forward to being able to play Eve: Valkyrie, either on the Rift or eventually on the Vive, because it seems like it will be a distillation of what's fun in Elite in VR. Interestingly (to me) I have had zero motion sickness flying a spaceship, but it didn't take much bouncing around in the SRV to make me want to get back into space.

Budget Cuts is really cool, I like the aesthetic (which works well with the limited resolution), and the teleporting and portals are a clever way to take advantage of a limited amount of physical space.

I was impressed by Fantastic Contraption too, it makes me laugh when I hesitate to walk through the machine to get to the other side. I would like something a bit more like Beseige, but who knows.

I would like to try American Truck Simulator and Alien Isolation, but I don't think either have Vive support.

Elite because it's an actual game rather than a tech demo, and I love how they've set up the cockpit with different parts of the hud at different depths. Although the maps are basically unusable, they really need to sort that out. Looking forward to being able to play Eve: Valkyrie, either on the Rift or eventually on the Vive, because it seems like it will be a distillation of what's fun in Elite in VR. Interestingly (to me) I have had zero motion sickness flying a spaceship, but it didn't take much bouncing around in the SRV to make me want to get back into space.

Budget Cuts is really cool, I like the aesthetic (which works well with the limited resolution), and the teleporting and portals are a clever way to take advantage of a limited amount of physical space.

I was impressed by Fantastic Contraption too, it makes me laugh when I hesitate to walk through the machine to get to the other side. I would like something a bit more like Beseige, but who knows.

I would like to try American Truck Simulator and Alien Isolation, but I don't think either have Vive support.

Damn, I was hoping they'd have fixed the map in Elite by now. That thing was HORRIBLE to use in VR.

I'm waiting for someone to make a badass "mechwarrior" type game. Seems like the perfect fit along with racing, flight, and space sims. VR is my dream, as it seems tailor made for some of my favorite genres.

Back