Favorite Video Game Music

Oo, there are so many good ones.

Here are some besides the typical FF, Halo, etc ones that everyone loves.

- Thomas Was Alone - Where Are You: (Whole OST is awesome)

- Black Mesa - Theme: (The whole OST that Joel Nielsen did is incredible)

- NFS High Stakes - Callista:

- Mirrors Edge - Still Alive:

- Alan Wake - Poet & The Muse:

Some other good ones are:
- Dear Esther - Ascension
- Stalker COP - End Theme
- Jamestown - Farewell

Last edited:
So many good ones to choose from,

Here are a few that come to mind,

Just can't resist these threads :)

Last edited:
Anything from Hyper Light Drifter. Actually anything DisasterPeace. This is a gameplay video, (it's from an Alpha) but if you don't want to see play-footage, don't click.

Secret of Evermore's music is really nice. Very relaxing. Most if not all of it was made by Jeremy Soule. When Squaresoft was in Redmond while they were making this game, I used to go hang out in the offices there with a friend who was one of the programmers. Hung out in Jeremy's studio a few times, played on their SGI Iris Indigo machine a bit, played Heretic on their LAN, etc. :D Was a lot of fun. Got to see some of this game being built. This is still one of my favorite SNES games. It's also interesting to see what Jeremy has gone on to do.

Here's a good one. The rest of the game's music is great too.

I never owned a Amiga played on one at a Friends house in the 90s for a bit but I love Pygnosis game music this game is Agony

Agony was a fun game. I remember my family went on a trip to Vancouver BC from Seattle, and I saw it in a computer shop up there. Bought it, and just had to stare at the box for the rest of the trip until we got home. It was torture! :D

So many good ones already listed. Anything from Diablo, Final Fantasy, TES, or Legend of Zelda is usually pretty amazing. Since it's already been posted, I'll throw something new into the mix. World of Warcraft had a mind blowing soundtrack in my opinion. Only played up through the second expansion, but there are plenty of awesome tracks to be found in that game.

Karazhan was my one of my most enjoyable moments in the game, awesome atmosphere and the music tied it all together perfectly.

Grizzly Hills had some legit music as well, probs my favorite arrangements in the game.

There are plenty of other good ones, I could go on all day listing them, but those are the two that mean the most to me.

I'm actually kinda shocked no one mentioned Metro 2033 though, that had some good tunes.

Matt Uelmen did the Diablo Music he did a collaboration on Warcraft's burning cursade soundtrack.

MechWarrior 2 remains my absolute favorite sound track. Funny how it's stuck with me for 21 years. I wish this series was still around. It saddens me every time my retro gaming rigs are hauled out. :(

MechWarrior 3 was also pretty amazing

Lightforce (c64) longplay 1/2

R-Type / ( C64 ) Intro Sound

Twin Cobra ( Arcade )

Herzog Zwei - There is no Time to Lose ( Sega Genesis / Megadrive )

Herzog Zwei - Sniper ( Sega Genesis / Megadrive )

Thunderforce 3 ( Sega Genesis / Megadrive ). Stage 1-2-3

Thunderforce 3 ( Sega Genesis / Megadrive ). Stage 4-5-6

Streets of Rage 2 ( Sega Genesis / Megadrive ). Stage Clear.

"Utopia: The Creation of a Nation". ( SNES ) Astoria II

MechWarrior 2 ( PC ). Pyre Light.

MechWarrior 2 ( PC ). Clan Wolf intro.
MechWarrior 2 - Clan Wolf intro

Master of Orion 2 ( PC ). Open the video in Youtube for a detailed description:
Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares Soundtrack (Full)

Deus Ex 1 ( PC ). UNATCO ( starts at 7:18 if the direct link doesn't work )
Deus Ex GOTY Soundtrack (Full)

Sims 2. ( PC ). Simsation.
The Sims 2 Soundrack- Simsation

Sins of a Solar Empire. ( PC ). TEC 1.
Sins of a Solar Empire: TEC 1

MechWarrior: Living Legends. ( PC ). Beta trailer.
MechWarrior: Living Legends - Beta Release Trailer

MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.5.0. ( PC ). Release Teaser.
MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.5.0 Release Teaser

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. ( PC ).
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Opening Credits

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. ( PC ). 21 - Entering TYM.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution [FULL SOUNDTRACK] - 21 - Entering TYM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. ( PC ). Full playlist:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution [FULL SOUNDTRACK] - 01 - Icarus; Main Theme

Expeditions: Conquistador. ( PC ). Potente.
Expeditions Conquistador OST - Potente (Battle theme)

Expeditions: Conquistador. ( PC ). Cádiz.
Expeditions Conquistador OST - Cadiz (Battle theme)

Expeditions: Conquistador. ( PC ). Listen for free on the original composer's website:
Expeditions: Conquistador Soundtrack, by Leonardo Badinella

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. ( PC ).

6:33 "Ready for Battle (Choose Squad)"
11:41 "Vigilo Confido"
34:36 "Snap Shot"
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Soundtrack (Full)

Shadowrun: Dragonfall ( PC ). Pick Your Poison. ( The time point is: 31:00 ).
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut - Official Soundtrack

Shadowrun: Dragonfall ( PC ). Du Heist. ( The time point is: 1:06:56 ).
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut - Official Soundtrack

Shadowrun: Dragonfall ( PC ). Du Heist. Soundcloud version by the original composer of the track:
Du Heist, from "Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut", available September 18th

Invisible, Inc. ( PC ). Cats! - Gr@nd B@z@@r (M1n1 B@z@@r, D.R. Style (Shopcat Remix)) OST High Quality.
Invisible, inc. - Cats! - Gr@nd B@z@@r (M1n1 B@z@@r, D.R. Style (Shopcat Remix)) OST High Quality

Last edited:
MechWarrior 2 remains my absolute favorite sound track. Funny how it's stuck with me for 21 years. I wish this series was still around. It saddens me every time my retro gaming rigs are hauled out. :(

MechWarrior 3 was also pretty amazing

I thought this was a tough call coming in, but one of the first things that came to mind to me were some of the old Mech 2 things.

+1

The NES version of Tiger Heli is playing the music way too fast. I played the original in the Arcade:

Quite possible one of the first internet memes, but godamn this music was wicked.

Opening this thread brings my browser to a crawl until it fully loads. WTF have you guys done?

Opening this thread brings my browser to a crawl until it fully loads. WTF have you guys done?

I broke your browser and HardOCP with post # 65. Enjoy - it took me several hours to make. I don't like most of the music posted in this thread, so I thought that I'd raise the bar a little. :p

There is only one way to fix it. Add more videos. :p

Them's fightin' words Mister!

Fast forward to 3:20

:D

I LOVE C64 SID music, and Yamaha YM based FM music. (and OPL by proxy) All those old arcade games, genesis games, etc. I much prefer synthesized music to sampled in most cases. The Amiga is kind of exception. It was in the right place at the right time, and was my introduction to digital music and samples.

Back