Favorite puzzle, mini, reaction games of all time?

Luke_Skywalker

Limp Gawd
What are your favorite puzzle, mini, reaction games of all time on any gaming system including computer? I loved the game "on the ball" for the snes. It was a game where a ball dropped through a maze and you had to rotate the maze until the ball reached the exit.
On%20The%20Ball.png

Another one is "Umihara Kawase" on the snes and psx. It consisted of controlling the character of a young Japanese school girl who uses a fishing line to swing, climb and abseil about maze-like levels.
umiharablabla.png

I also love "The lost Vikings" on snes. The game consisted of controller 3 vikings who each had unique abilities that you had to use together to pass through obstacles and puzzles to pass each level.
Lost%20Vikings%20II,%20The.png

Bust a groove and pappa rapper where both great games on psx as well.
bust_a_groove3.jpg

parappa1.jpg

I like just about all the games in the mario party series, ecspecially the big board game you can play.

Tetris for teh win! I've loaded up my cellphone with all the cool games i can find but i found myself only playing Tetris. The thing never gets old.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Can this be moved to console gaming please.

Doesn't have to be. Some of my favorite games go on both PC and console

Indigo Prophecy, Dragon's lair, Space Ace

Sly said:
Tetris for teh win! I've loaded up my cellphone with all the cool games i can find but i found myself only playing Tetris. The thing never gets old.

True that. I've got Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rayman, Metal Slug, Bejeweled, and Tetris on my phone, and Tetris is the only one I've found myself coming back to.

Luke_Skywalker said:
What are your favorite puzzle, mini, reaction games of all time on any gaming system including computer? I loved the game "on the ball" for the snes. It was a game where a ball dropped through a maze and you had to rotate the maze until the ball reached the exit.
On%20The%20Ball.png

Looks like the bonus level in Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis. :D

Bejeweled :) (Anyone there at the [H]ardOCP workshop at Qcon05? When the Graphics cell-phone guy was talking about games.. people kept bringing up 3D Bejewled.. muchos fun)

Netrat33 said:
Oh my god! I forgot about that game

A friend of mine is crazy good at Tetris, but he absolutely sucks at Zoop. That game totally messes with your mind, I love it.

Slartibartfast said:

I liked Zoop, but it seemed to get so hard sooo fast. My excusrions into playing the game never lasted long at all.

Zoop had to be one of the most ported games when it came out. I swear there was like a NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gamegear, Genesis, Jaguar, PSX, Apple, and PC version and probably more.

LOL!

http://joel.spolsky.com/zoop/

There's a free Windows port here:

http://netfiles.freespaces.com/index.htm

Sly said:

Agreed. Tetris in its many forms is amazing.

Slaps everyone in the face 3 time **pish **pish **pish!! :p

TETRIS: ATTACK for S.N.E.S F.T.W!

Sly said:
Ladies and gentlemen. I present, the only TRUE time waster in the history of gaming. :p
Level 3 was tricky, the first time I played through it. Some of the later levels are quite clever as well.

Deflektor
Tetris
Hexxen
Tetris (of course)
Wario Ware, which is great for long trips!

I like to play all the Warcraft 3 multiplayer games made by users etc.

Like ''Tower Defence'' or ''Sheep Tag'' where there are 9 sheeps and 3 wolves, sheeps need to survive for 20 minutes. Or ''vampirism'', thats allmost the same as Sheep Tag.

u also can play games like Hero Arena, Uther Party (lots of fun minigames!), Castle Defence, StarCraft zone controll, Worm War, Footman Frenzy, Hero Craft, Resident Evil (survival game), Escape From Gay Heaven, etc etc etc. It's realy alot of fun and i still play it every day.

Back