Favorite Passwords: "1234" and "Password"

random 8 digit alphanumeric with a few symbols in it - really should bump it up to 16 but I'm lazy.

1234? That's long.

I prefer to use 1, or 2 as my password. No one every tries only 1 digit.

The default password for the internal employee's at T-mobile is "@Password"

I work for the govt. I wont give out any specifics for obvious reasons. But I have to remember multiple passwords for different networks/systems. Most are ridiculously complex AND long and must be changed after a short period of time....so I have to remember a whole new set when that time rolls around. I hate passwords haha.

I work for the govt. I wont give out any specifics for obvious reasons. But I have to remember multiple passwords for different networks/systems. Most are ridiculously complex AND long and must be changed after a short period of time....so I have to remember a whole new set when that time rolls around. I hate passwords haha.

And not to mention they all have different requirements, so no using the same passwords. Once again...I hate passwords.

To be followed by favorite attack/virus.

The next time someone say ANYTHING about Windows security, this is just freeking lame.

Well, I'm using a phone number that's been defunct since 1994 for my password. I win.

i know what you mean, though as a temp network administrator they just enable/disable my account as i come and go

i normally use my lunch number back from high school lol

I tried to use "penis" for my password. System said it was too short.:confused:
facepalm.gif
. owned.

What! no ASDF?
WASD? No! ESDF! :p

1234? That's long.

I prefer to use 1, or 2 as my password. No one every tries only 1 digit.
1 or 2 digit passwords are really easy to obtain by shoulder surfing. Hell, I even got someones 4 digit password once (even when he typed it in really fast). He was like WTF! how did you know :confused:

For a while I used "pressanykey" as a password. LOL

Now I use a combo of my kids name numbers and special chars

At work we have various systems that auto log in. For PCI compliance, no one is supposed to know the password for those accounts though. So one day I saw the System Admin for our work create one for the new system we were putting in. He closed his eyes, leaned back, and produced something like: A"SLkd9@082y3408sdhfk;asdWQA3

Anyone think they could guess that?!

1) Do you have software create that for you?

2) How the fuck do you remember it?

at work i use a random password generators for all our servers and network acess, min 8 characters as high as 13 with upper, lower, no duplicates numbers and special characters, i always thought how could i remeber them but once you use them often enough it seems pretty easy.,

My favorite at work is when people post their passwords on their screens and write password next to it. Im like come on people

best password:

There is no password.

Someone asks, whats the password?

You reply:
There is no password.

Next thing you will see is them clicking enter with no result and getting mad about you being stupid.

My favorite at work is when people post their passwords on their screens and write password next to it. Im like come on people

Yep I see that everyday here at the office.

Personally my passwords are no shorter then 14 characters. Alpha-numeric and special characters with at least one capital letter.

My fiance thinks I'm nuts when it comes to my passwords but I just laugh and enable a local security rule on her PC to force her to update her password to something I approve of. ;)

My brother used to use the password ********.

At a company I interned for, the password had to be strong and also changed every 60 days or so. Apparently, one guy would write a sentence, that, if stringed together with his other passwords, created a short story.

"Yo dude, nobody is gonna guess my password. Yeah, that's right, it's 1234. Pretty ingenuous, huh?"

1 or 2 digit passwords are really easy to obtain by shoulder surfing. Hell, I even got someones 4 digit password once (even when he typed it in really fast). He was like WTF! how did you know :confused:

What I dislike is that banks require us to use a 4 digit numerical PIN. I have lost count how many times I made my friends to change their pins because I 'guessed' the PIN from just observing finger movements. I rather have a alphanumeric PIN but that isn't coming any time soon considering how many times standing in line people go 'uhh what was that stupid number'.

I'm not at all surprised. When I started working at the company I am at now, a lot of the passwords were simple and easy to guess. That has changed since then.

As someone who works for an ISP people get pretty rude when you tell them they can't have password for a password that the minimal requirement is 8 characters with at least one number and letter in it, can't be their name and can't contain password in there.

God... idiots who use easily hackable/guessed passwords.

Luckily, the passwords I use now is the same ones that I've used ever since the heydays of Netscape and Hotmail didn't belong to Microsoft.

The combinations vary between 6 to 12 characters and are a combination of 3 words and 8 different types of numbers, using between 3 to 6 digits of any of one of those type of numbers.

Back