Favorite motherboard of all time?

computerpro3

LightningRod
I was thinking about how there are very few truly great motherboards around right now and got to thikning about what my favorite board ever is.

I actually really enjoy my Asus p5k deluxe right now, but by far the best board I ever had was the Asus P4C800 E Deluxe. That thing took my 2.4C to an incredible 4ghz superpi stable. It was droop modded and vmem modded and could bring my bh-5 to ridiculous speeds with 3.9v.

What was your favorite board ever?

My DFI LANParty NF2 board. Tons of cutting edge features, looked great, helped clock my mobile XP 2500+ all the way to 2.4 Ghz.

Only regret I have is that I had to use a Vantec Tornado (92mm) to achieve said OC ... :eek:

It was actually my 7VCA Soyo. VIA chipset that had no problems going 40% OC on a P3-500 with PC100.

After that I had the famed NF7-sv2, which locked up on me all the time.

Now I have a BadAxe2, and it's pretty good. I'm hoping for a BoneTrail2 to replace it at the end of the year.

Abit IC7 Max 3, still going strong in my bro's PC.
Has a retro chipset fan mod since the tiny ones failed 3-4 times at least.

Cant remember exactly, but I do know a Gigabyte motherboard that first introduced backup BIOS, it saved my ass as I corrupted the first one and was running off the second.

Another was a evga 680i A1 with the introduction of the onboard LED diagnostic... helped with the numerous problems I got with that damn board, it was the best looking board I have EVER laid eyes upon, though. All black = teh sex. Didn't perform the best but had it's innovative perks.

do Motherboards that we've never actualy had, but have always liked to have count?

i always wanted a P5B WI-FI AP deluxe, but i never had the money.

but then the gigabyte 680i i wanted for ages, but again, i never had the money. That board had 4 gigabit ethernet ports, sli, and like 14 usb ports or something...

How can it NOT be the ABIT NF-7?

Back in the XP days, it was like THE board for bartons.

My DFI LANParty NF2 board. Tons of cutting edge features, looked great, helped clock my mobile XP 2500+ all the way to 2.4 Ghz.

Only regret I have is that I had to use a Vantec Tornado (92mm) to achieve said OC ... :eek:

+1 :)

my fav intel mobo would have to be the abit IS7.........which i still use :D

EDIT: the abit nf7-s rev2 on the amd side.

Pw5-DH Deluxe. Only thing I didn't like about it, is that it was SLOW to boot up. Couldn't really shave off the processes it ran through POST.

Other than that, rock solid.. fun to OC and played well with 4 different sets of RAM, and 3 CPUs I owned. ;)

i just got into the [H] scene but i'm loving this gigabyte ds3l...after my troublesome p5n-e this is a godsend.

Cant remember exactly, but I do know a Gigabyte motherboard that first introduced backup BIOS, it saved my ass as I corrupted the first one and was running off the second.

Another was a evga 680i A1 with the introduction of the onboard LED diagnostic... helped with the numerous problems I got with that damn board, it was the best looking board I have EVER laid eyes upon, though. All black = teh sex. Didn't perform the best but had it's innovative perks.
They wouldnt need the damn led display if they didnt have so many problems. But id say thats my fav motherboard i owned as its the first high end one ive owned.

This one is easy. My first OC'ing board=Abit BH-6 paired with a Celeron 300A. 450mhz of gaming goodness back in 1998! Good times!

Well, I'd have to say Asus P5n-e SLI only because I recently got one and it's awesome!!!

My good old Asus a7n8x deluxe! That board was awesome! Paired with a barton 2500+, ocd to 2.2ghz, 1gb ram, and its built in soundstorm audio... it was the best (imo!) It was my first build ever too.

ic7 max3 from abit. Still runs 24/7 p4 oc to 4.0, and has 4 years now. I also had to replace the nb fan twice.

In order of age...

UMC 486PC Reference (468DX2/66 @ 100MHz w/512k cache, tasty.)
Supermicro P6DHF, the 'you've got how many cards?!' board.
AOpen ATC5200, the original Super7 OC board - P233MMX @ 83.5MHz FSB, zoomzoom.
MSI-5184 RevCE, ancient Super7 that won't quit.
FIC PA-2013 2MB, the ultimate Super7 board - 2MB L2, AMD K6/3-400 @ 600MHz.
Abit BP6 and VP6 Modified, better caps and VRegs, very reliable.
IBM Netfinity 5500M20 i440GX
Abit KT7-RAID with modified BIOS, still works great.
Iwill H8502A DNX, modified H8502 8-socket Opteron beast.
IBM x3850M2, dear gods is that thing stupid fast.

my trusty Abit IP35-Pro ... so many Abit lovers here...

why such a recent board? ... cuz I've had AMD up until my C2D 6850 :)

Abit BX-6, cause it got my Celeron 300A to 450mhz and beyond way back in the day!

Easy...DFI LanParty UT CFX3200-DR/G

Through 6 different boards, this one has stood head above heels above the rest.

The Asus P4C800E-D -- may not OC much compared to the new boards, but after four years it is still going strong and has been rock solid and stable for four years -- wish I knew which mobo would have the same dependability and stability for the next four years as I build my next computer.

MikeSp

First board, of first build... KT7A - Raid...

Favorite Intel Board so far... Abit IC7G Maxx3.. 3.0C to 4.1 on air.. Loud air, but air....

Favorite AMD Board.. . ASUS A8N32-SLI, the A8N series...

Tyan Tiger 133 (Revision F) w/ Dual Slot 1 PIII 866mhz

Served me well for years. I still have somewhere in my basement w/ Voodoo 5500.

Of the Core 2 Duo motherboards I've dealt with, which would be..

P5B Deluxe & P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP
Abit IP35-E
Abit IP35 Pro
DFI P965 Dark
DFI P35 Lanparty DK
ASUS P5K Vanilla
Giga-Byte DS3L
MSI P35 Neo2-FR

I like the P35 Neo2-FR and the P35 Lanparty DK the most.

Back