Favorite keyboards you've used?

I'm not picky. I like my Apple Keyboard; I liked my Logitech Elite; I liked the keyboard that came with the Compaq Presario I bought in 1998; I like the Dell keyboards we're inundated with at the office.

I'd say my favorite's the Apple Keyboard, but not by any huge margin.

i just upgraded my old 98-99 hp keyboard to a hp voodooDNA (razer) lycosa keyboard. both are great!

I love the Saitek Eclipse because i can take it apart and literally scrub the park with all the keys on it with soap and brush under hot water! The paint on the keys is so good that it doesn't come off after scrubbing and the keyboard ends up looking like new every time. My only problem with this keyboard is that it's just so damn basic.. No programmable keys, no macros, no nothing... But then, if I wanted one of those keyboards I wouldn't be able to wash/scrub it.

My DiNovo Edge. I like laptop style keys, and the battery lasts for months on a single charge. No complaints at all.

Used an IBM Activeresponse keyboard for quite a while and loved it. The only reason I didn't buy another is because they don't seem to make them anymore.

After that I used a creative keyboard that I won at a LANparty. It was just a basic keyboard pretty much but had very good feel to the keys.

I use a G15 now. Honestly, I'd say the G15 had the worst feel to the keys of all my keyboards and took the longest to get used to.

I love my G15. I've been beating on it for years and it still works great. Any clicky keyboard is usually pretty great too. Also, I actually really like the Microsoft Natural 7000 I use at work.

For laptops, nothing was better than the original Macbook Pro keyboards. I still miss that thing... the keyboard, not the laptop.

Wouldn't say it's the best I've ever used, but certainly the best that I own. Saitek Eclipse II :)

Logitech Wave.
The only way it could be any better is if they backlit it with white LED's.

I actually prefer the cheapo $10 dollar keyboards, as long as the keys aren't too stiff or too soft. I have a G15 that I used for wow when I was still playing and a microsoft bluetooth kb/mouse combo that's used for the htpc but I always find myself going back to the cheap throw away keyboards. honestly think keyboards don't really make a big difference, it's the mouse that's important.

Pure typing: Clicky stuff (currently using cherry G80-3000LSC)
Hotkeys while working with graphics program: sth more silent and with short keystroke (currently using the Logitech illuminated.. but haven't tested the G7 or K1 yet)

My favorite was an old gateway keyboard. No matter how much crap I spilled on it the keys never stuck together. Every keyboard I have had since then I always have to take apart and clean to stop the keys from sticking when I get the smallest bit of soda on them. Im about to take this one apart to clean it.

I love the Saitek Eclipse because i can take it apart and literally scrub the park with all the keys on it with soap and brush under hot water!

I too fondly remember the Eclipse... and envying the Eclipse II for it's three color LED backlights. I was very much looking forward to their next offering, untill it turned into the Cyborg.

Now I'm rocking the G15, pondering if I want to splurge on the G19. I just can't think of any reasons why I would need a color LCD when so few games take advantage of the screen currently.

I have two Eclipse II keyboards for my computers and love them. Looks nice and feels great to type on.

I'm really liking the Logitech Illuminated, although it's not ideal for gaming.

A vote for the $10 throw away ones, especially the one I have which has drain holes and a somewhat waterproof quality.
Also: I shuffled the keys around and set them up as a DOVARK setup to see what all the fuss was about. Still trying to get into DOVARK.. takes time..

I use a Logitech G15, and it's my favorite so far. I've also used $10 keyboards, but I'm not exactly a fan of them.

The cheap ass one I got from officemax when my old cheap-o one died. Comfortable and still going strong after 6 years of use.

Microsoft business Internet Keyboard / Wheel mouse combo. I believe that is around $29 for the keyboard and mouse.

The Logitech Elite that I'm still using is my favourite keyboard. Other great ones I've used over the years are some old Compaq keyboards (the ones that were actually steel-reinforced if anyone remembers), the Logitech Illuminated keyboard, my HP laptop's keyboard (oddly, it feels completely different from the ones they use on their other models), IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad keyboards, and the venerable IBM Model M.

-Older MS keyboards, love the soft feel on them.

-Logitech G15..my current keyboard, I love it. Not a huge amount of key travel which I like, just the right balance.

-Thinkpad IBM keyboards, love the keyboard on my T61 for a laptop keyboard. Best there is on a laptop IMO and I have used tons of them.

HHKB 2

Happy Hacking Professional 2

I LOVE the small form factor of this keyboard. Such a small size allows me to keep the alpha keys centered with my body while keeping the mouse in-line with my shoulder.
Ergonomics + nice keyswitches (Topre) = orgasm everytime I touch my keyboard.

To be fair, if I could change anything about the keyboard:

-Thinner
-2mm key travel instead of 4mm
-30g keyswitches instead of 45g
-Backlit

But that will never happen, and I'm okay with it.

Last edited:
^ Pretty much what he said, other than the changes portion. Topre keys are fine the way they are.

Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 and the Topre Realforce boards. I've got an HHKB Pro 2, Realforce 101, and a Realforce 87U among (many) other mechanical boards. Hands down the best keyboards I've ever used (and I've pretty much tried them all).

Last edited:
Filco with cherry brown switches is my favorite overall. I think I prefer the IBM Model M when it comes to typing, but the Filco wins with quieter keys and N-key rollover.

I managed to kill three IBM Model M keyboards in the span of 15 years, one of which I was the original owner. I bought a Das Keyboard and love the thing. They keys have a similar feel, although I wish they had a tougher press like the M did...

I love my Logitech S510. I'm also a huge fan of the Basic Microsoft keyboards. The cheapy 10 dollar ones that are usually the OEM ones. I think they are the Basic 100 MS Keyboards? Either way, I love them. I also love the basic simple keyboards that come with some HP servers. Soft keys and short keystrokes.

Back