Favorite game you never beat?

Ninja Gaiden (XBOX)
Final Fantasy Tactics (on my PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
The Longest Journey, I played dreamfall first and just haven't had the time and motivation to play TLJ because well the graphics are pretty dated now and it won't run on Vista.

Final Fantasy 7. Things just kept getting in the way that had me starting from the beginning 3 times. I'm fairly sure I was getting close to the end of the final disc last time. I just don't have the heart to start from the beginning again to finish it off.

Hah! I've been trying to play through FF7 since 1997! Ten years and I can't get through it! First time, I was near the end and my memory card was corrupted. The last several times I've tried to play through it I just got bored because I remembered playing everything. I've got to try again this summer! :)

As for other games, I'm afraid my list is too long. I get bored of games so damn easy, I usually never beat one unless it captivates me... Or, it's just a really short game. The Metal Gear Solid series were the only game on the PlayStation that I really got into and played through without getting completely bored.

Let me also add Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts....

Not only was that goddamn game super impossible, but once you get to the end, you find out that you need some bullshit bracelet to be able to do any damage to the boss, so you have to go through the game AGAIN and make sure you have the bracelet equipped. If you got to the last level and accidentally lost the bracelet weapon, you had to start all over again, otherwise you could fight the final boss. Good thing SNES controllers didn't break too easilly!

I never beat mario 64 :(
I think I got frustrated w/ the camera angles towards the end of the game and then moved on to whatever other good game was out at the time

Oh I just remembered another one.. I loved blaster master for nes and put a huge amount of time into that game, but I was just never able to beat it.

Now a days it's almost impossible not to finish a game with all the crap on the internet. The only way I see it is if you get bored.

And I have no clue which game.

If we're including old console games:

- Blaster Master... no save system.... huge maps... I was able to regularly make it to level 5 or 6 ... what a great game

- Super Mario 3... never owned it but played a lot at friends' houses and definitely loved it.

- Super Mario World... played it forever, never finished it

- Super Metroid... rented it, had to return before finishing (poor high school student)

- Zelda: Link to the Past... got lost and confused after dropping playtime due to other games. Think I would have finished it if I didn't wait so long between sessions as I would be lost every time I picked it back up.

Batman NES... as many others have said, great game but just too hard

TMNT... same as above

Oh yeah, I never won Blaster Master either. I got really far, but there was a fire frog boss that killed me. I think I was on the next to last level.
With no save, level skip, cheats, etc. I eventually just gave up. It took me hours to even get that far.

Oh yeah, I never won Blaster Master either. I got really far, but there was a fire frog boss that killed me. I think I was on the next to last level.
With no save, level skip, cheats, etc. I eventually just gave up. It took me hours to even get that far.

OH man, I think that's where I quit, too... the frustration of getting there and not being able to get by..

River City Ransom was a f-ing blast! I beat it once but my saves kept getting screwed up otherwise I spent years playing the first three quarters then had my save get f-ed up.

Dragon Warrior > 1. I beat the hell out of the first one but never put enough time into 2 and 3 and somewhat 4. Damn... now i'm going to go play those.

Halo 2 anyone? Got frustrated with it on the next to last level with the shite story, I went back and beat it but only after like 2 years and being very bored one night.

I rarely finish a game to the end, but the one that I tried the most to complete was Zillion for the SMS. Never have beaten it, but I'll still play it now and then.

Loved that fuckin' game. I had my little sister help me. She wrote down the little passcode characters as I got them and mapped the rooms while I tried to stay alive. You will need a map if you make it to the main computer. Getting out is timed.

I got to the end of TMNT with one turtle and got owned :(

Yeah, I remember only making it to Shredder once or twice. I managed to beat him once (I can't recall how) but what I remember was that he could insta-kill you.
For a kids game, that game was insanely difficult. They just don't make them like that any longer. Ninja Gaiden's really the only game I can think of that has a difficulty comparable to the toughest 8-bit games. Even NG tends to get easier as you go rather than harder. Once you get the Izuna/Swallow moves, the game's no longer all that hard.

Metal Warriors on SNES

might have to get it off of ebay now that I remembered it

. Burnout for the 360 is another game I never finished for some reason.

Probably because it's a pain in the damn ass.

I can file Need For Speed: Most Wanted in that category, along with countless other console titles.

God of War 2 is one too. Got so F'ing tired of all the puzzles.

Lets see, lately at least:

Final Fantasy III DS, I probably should go back and polish this off, I was at the end.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, uh, should probably go back to this too...
Final Fantasy X-2, stopped caring. Never going back.
Vagrant Story, kind of want to go back, but not really. I had started playing this again a few months ago, and got further than the last time I tried playing.

Star Ocean something or other, most boring game ever.
Rogue Galaxy, sort of want to beat it, but good god did it become a blatant grind fest.

Blood Omen. I got about halfway through, lost my save and said "Forget this" just because it was such a frustrating game for me.

I never did beat Prey. Was awesome to start, but just lost interest.

Gears of War, not my favorite game but its a good game that I like quite a bit. Guitar Hero2, same thing for that.

I think I more or less beat all the good NES games.. can't rememerb abtou the old school ninja gaiden and shinobi though.. I might've beaten it but I mightve not... I beat Battle toads though, fun game indeed.

God of War 2 is one too. Got so F'ing tired of all the puzzles.

Yeah, I'm playing through it right now. GoW 1 was too easy, while this one is more annoying. The puzzles aren't all necessarily tough, but they love exploiting control issues and camera angle problems in GoW2. I *hate* those damned wings that don't always work right. Levels that should be a piece of cake (lava level, cough, cough) are a total pain because the wings only selectively work when double jumps are needed. Why not have another button utilize them?

As for Gears of War, I thought it was pretty simple. I'm not a good FPS player, but I had no issues with normal difficulty outside of 1-2 spots. Hard was tough, but still passable, too.

As for Gears of War, I thought it was pretty simple. I'm not a good FPS player, but I had no issues with normal difficulty outside of 1-2 spots. Hard was tough, but still passable, too.
GOW isn't a FPS :)

GOW isn't a FPS :)

Okay, technically it isn't, BUT you play it VERY similarly to one. Granted it's closer to a "tactical FPS" than Unreal Tournament, but you get the idea. I'll leave it at that.
Saying it's not an FPS is correct, but it's like saying Mr. Bean doesn't have a car because his vehicle only has 3 wheels.

Batman for the original NES.

Face it people, games have gotten a hell of a lot easier.

Yeah, that final stage was very difficult! Game was fun though, I must have beat it a dozen times. Your right - games have gotten much easier.

There's a fine line between "challenging" and "WTF this game is bullshit!". Most modern games are either too easy, or are part of the BS persuasion.

Zelda : Ocarina of Time.

:mad: water temple

i got stuck there for a while too. the lever on the wall at the third level changes the water levels, which allows you to get to a place that was unreachabel underwater. took a few tries to get the right order of all the levers.

I never beat Rygar. That game was so hypnotizing, and I killed so many hours on it...

I'd actually go out on a limb and say most games from the modern area tend to use their own game flaws to make things harder. Either that or they have a fairly easy game that people can win without too much of a fuss, but then they add in other difficulty levels. The other difficulties aren't really any different but you just take more damage, or the enemies take less.
Sadly, almost all recent console games have fallen in this pit.

Okay, technically it isn't, BUT you play it VERY similarly to one. Granted it's closer to a "tactical FPS" than Unreal Tournament, but you get the idea. I'll leave it at that.
Saying it's not an FPS is correct, but it's like saying Mr. Bean doesn't have a car because his vehicle only has 3 wheels.

it's not first person, it's third person.

lol, I won't drag this off topic but it shares more with an FPS than say, Tomb Raider or Ratchet and Clank. You're correct, but that was more of what I was going for.

Anyone remember Battle of Olympus? I remember loving that game, but I never won it. It was on the Zelda 2/Rambo engine, but stuck to portals instead of an overworld.

Battle of Olypmus I beat on NES... that was probably one of my favorite from that time, I still get the theme song stuck in my head from time to time... but, god, did that forest level drive me nuts!!!

:p

Sorry to say, I never beat the first Mario. Or Duckhunt...but I don't think that game ever ends. I'd always get lost and die in the last castle in Mario.

On the flip side, I could easily beat Contra in just over a half hour.

up up down down left right left right b a

Back