Favorite game you never beat?

Technoob

Supreme [H]ardness
I think mine was river city ransom for the nes. I really need to go back and play that again and beat it.

Super Mario bros 3 was another

What are yours?

System Shock 2.

I have a (2 year old) save at the very end (body of the many), but I just cant do it.
I heard the ending was underwhelming, so I never got around to actually finishing it.

BTW, You never beat Mario 3? :eek:
Dude, EVERYONE has beaten that at least once.

I rarely finish a game to the end, but the one that I tried the most to complete was Zillion for the SMS. Never have beaten it, but I'll still play it now and then.

There are a bunch of fps' like quake 3 I never bothered to play single player on so I guess you can say I never beat them. Burnout for the 360 is another game I never finished for some reason.

Batman for the original NES.

Face it people, games have gotten a hell of a lot easier.

Batman for the original NES.

Face it people, games have gotten a hell of a lot easier.

Milon's Secret Castle was one of the old NES games I could never beat as a kid. Hell could almost never get pasted the first level of the castle.

PC: Half Life (The original)
Console: Mario for N64, never could get the last star, number 120 always let me out to dry. :(

PC: Half Life (The original)
Console: Mario for N64, never could get the last star, number 120 always let me out to dry. :(

I've gotten 120 before but never by myself. Almost always play games like that with friends. Right now have like 109 in it on the virtual console for the wii. Haven't beat it yet. Will do it if I ever manage to get to 120.

Years ago I got halfway through:

Chrono Cross
Breath of Fire IV
Final Fantasy IX

And never got the chance to play them again. :(

What's the big deal with the 120 stars in Mario64? No problems with that, got to get the cannon to fire up and chill with Yoshi. Love Mario64 on the DS - you get to play as Yoshi :)

Sounds funny but I never beat the original Unreal. It just kept going and I started playing multiplayer so much I never got around to it. I loved that game back in the day.

*Edit - Just forgot, this is console section....

Final Fantasy 7. Things just kept getting in the way that had me starting from the beginning 3 times. I'm fairly sure I was getting close to the end of the final disc last time. I just don't have the heart to start from the beginning again to finish it off.

Legacy of the wizard(NES)

These are not my favorite, but I have not beat them.
Silver Surfer (NES)
Friday the 13th (NES)
Adventure of Bayou Billy (NES)
BattleToads (NES)

Milon's Secret Castle was one of the old NES games I could never beat as a kid. Hell could almost never get pasted the first level of the castle.
No shame in that. It's generally regarded as one of the most difficult games ever made.

For me, it's FF8 through FFX. I actually enjoy the games, but I just never seem to be able to find time to get through them. I should also probably toss some time at FF3-DS, which I'm a fair way into.

It _used_ to be the original Final Fantasy due to the high difficulty, but I finally pushed through on the (much better balanced) PSP version.

This is not just games you didn't finish, it's games you loved, despite not finishing.

Half-Life 1. Even though I played it obsessively inside Black Mesa, I lost interest as soon as I reached the alien world.

More:

RTCW - Loved the design and feel at first, got bored after four or five levels. Not to mention I discovered the multiplayer and single player paled by comparison.

Jedi Outcast - Force powers and saber combat with dismemberment turned on is great, but one thing I can't stand is a huge, maze-like level, which is what the swamps before the jedi academy are. I got stuck in the single player and resorted to online saber combat only.

Far Cry - became repetitive and annoying about halfway through. Maybe if I had a better computer at the time.

Call of Duty 1 and 2 - In both cases I loved the presentation and got about 3/4 through before tiring of the gameplay. The second game is basically too intense to really be fun. Maybe if I didn't live in an apartment and could really crank and enjoy the sound instead of it being a source of anxiety as I worry about the crone nextdoor pegging me for a psycho because it sounds (literally) like WWII in my unit.

Brothers in Arms, Road to Hill 30 - Same thing, got tired of the repetitive play mechanic. Also the overly long, unskippable intro\cut scenes with melodramatic voice acting.

Like someone said earlier, the Batman game for the original NES. Try as I might I want to throw my controller at the TV before every coming close to the end. I mean c'mon, Batman isn't supposed to die, or every get defeated; why can't there be unlimited lives! :D

Sim City 2000? Can any of those "sim" games be beaten? Also Tetris...

but I think my top pick is Chrono Trigger

eh, I beat Batman for NES, that was a CHORE :)

so was FFX and FFVIII, but moreso because the characters were just annoying as hell. Luckily I enjoyed the other FF games, and beat them all, of course! FF games are just too easy for me

I can't NOT beat a game once I get into it!!! OK, I've given up on GTA: Vice City, most recently. But some games just become such a pain, with little reward. Like the first Turtles game for NES... I beat that friggen game and the ending sucked so bad... I wanted to cry!

and cry I probably did! I think maybe I'm jaded now, or something. I wish I was young again, life was more fun then...

KOTOR 1 (Knights of the Old Republic) on the Xbox1. I got close to the end, then accidentally read what the endings were online (someone spoiled them on me :( ), and never finished it. I think I'll replay it if it's compatible with my 360 that's coming in today though, and try to blot out the memories of what the endings were (I *still* remember them, I was so annoyed :p !).

Also,

I used to take turns running marathons of that with my mom and sister... we made sure it was played about 12 hours out of a day on average one time for several days, (heck we tried it many times actually, who am I kidding!), yet the system always overheated before we could get close to the end. That was one heck of a game... I'm going to try it again soon, once I have a week off or something :p !

I actually don't think I ever got to the end of Metal Gear for NES. I remember playing it quite a few times, but I don't think I ever put enough time into beating it. That was such a fun game for a little kid. Damn childhood! I should've been playing NES instead of Legos all day!

That would be Chrono Trigger. Oh how I love and hate that game.. I had the original SNES cart and it got stolen when I was pretty close to being 60% done.

Years later, I downloaded a SNES emulator and played it on my good old Pentium III and got almost 80% into it; when my goddamn hard drive crashed and I lost my savegame.

I've always wanted to finish this damn game, but apparently some one/some thing out there doesn't want me to do it.

I never beat a bunch of the original NES games that were great...

Zelda
Zelda II
... Some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

NES era games were so hard compared to today's games.

Street Fighter 2010. I never could win that game in spite of trying MANY times.

I never beat a bunch of the original NES games that were great...

Zelda
Zelda II
... Some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

NES era games were so hard compared to today's games.

Zelda II I've been trying to beat recently. I'm at the last area, with the lava... hard as fuck!

Maniac Mansion, Battletoads, A Boy and his Blob, Ninja Gaiden (I cant beat any of those fucking games, NES and XBOX), Solar Jetman, Rad Racer...ive got tons of games ive never finished out of either frustration or boredom.

Battletoads was kinda difficult. Especially that part where you had the steamrolling chasing you. I beat it with an Advantage controller. Much easier than using the gamepad.
The only game I really enjoyed and never beat was Spider man 2. I tried about 10 times to finish off Doc Oc for the second time at the end of the game and got close twice...but I gave up for the night and haven't picked it up again. That was awhile back.

(GCN) Metroid: Prime: Echos

The one thing I hated about this series was a lack of guidance if you were ever lost.. MEtroid Fusion was the only one that actually led you where you needed to go most of the time, but the levels become so huge and with such a variety of different things you have to look for it eventually becomes confusing and you just say "Fxck it", lay down the controller, and walk away..

I love metroid, but dammit, gimme some clues now and then..

NES : Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
Original Gameboy: Battletoads
PC: Half Life 1

Rocket: Robot on Wheels, it made me extremely angry that I got every single ticket except for one and couldn't find the last one for the life of me, still was a very fun game to play, even though I never seen the ending for it.

Back