Fastest possible video card in smallest possible space

maximum 210mm space for GPU, card is 170mm.

I'm guessing you're not going to find anything more powerful than those "mini" style 760s or 670s. Between the two I think the 670 is actually a little better than the newer 760 if you can still find one.

maximum 210mm space for GPU, card is 170mm.

I'm guessing you're not going to find anything more powerful than those "mini" style 760s or 670s. Between the two I think the 670 is actually a little better than the newer 760 if you can still find one.

Yep, 210mm isn't a whole lot to play with. I don't usually look too closely at the "lower end" GPUs, but I have to in order to build this, so I'm not up to speed on why a 670 might be better. Could you elaborate? Is it faster, or easier to overclock, or better supported?

My current 760 is faster than any of the 670's I've had, but it will go to 1300+ where the 670's were not good overclockers. 670 has 1344 shaders while the 760 has 1152 so it should be a little faster clock for clock.

My current 760 is faster than any of the 670's I've had, but it will go to 1300+ where the 670's were not good overclockers. 670 has 1344 shaders while the 760 has 1152 so it should be a little faster clock for clock.

Thanks for the info. So it seems that for raw overclocking, I want to stick with the 760.

Thanks for the info. So it seems that for raw overclocking, I want to stick with the 760.

That may be true, but I would carefully look into what sort of OC you can expect from those little bitty cards you're looking at. In any case, I poked around and can't seem to find a vendor with a mini 670 that isn't $100 more than the 760 and that just isn't worth it at all imo.

You are most likely better off going with a reference 670/760 as they are the same exact length PCB, its just the cooler is longer on the non-Mini coolers..

RpHURd2l.jpg

(unless of course you can get the Mini at the same price as reference + add on VGA cooler, $20-30 maybe)

You are most likely better off going with a reference 670/760 as they are the same exact length PCB, its just the cooler is longer on the non-Mini coolers..

The PCB may be the same length, but I don't think any of those mini units use the same PCB. The Asus and MSI units appear to have made changes in order to specifically accommodate their size. If a ref 670 could be acquired on the cheap used, it might still be worth it to investigate an add-on cooler.

However, I don't know of any add-on coolers that are as small as the ones that the mini units come with OOB. :confused:

I think your best bet is that MSI 760 - It has a really nice cooler and I have seen the press kit on it and its pretty damn impressive. I hope to get the MSI gaming mini-itx board and that 760 for a new HTPC build

the only real change on the PCB going from 2x 6 (2x 75w) PCIe power plugs to a single 8 pin (150w). For coolers, I think Artic makes a couple single fan coolers, the L2 ($20) and the Mono Plus ($40).

I didn't notice that comment earlier. The corsair looks really great - any ideas on cost and availability?

It is a bit larger, FYI but I think will fit just about any GPU as a result.

CM elite -> 11.1" (W) x 8.2" (H) x 10.3" (D)
Cor 250d -> 10.92" (W) x 11.42" (H) x 13.82" (D)

Looks like Newegg and Amazon only have pre-orders that ship at the very end of February, so the 250d is out. I'll stick to the tiny case and have fun cramming it together.

Why not a SG06? Get the 450W PSU variant, it will fit (and power) most 10" cards. A wee bit of dremeling will fit 10.5" cards (mine now handles a reference GTX580 for folding [my sig is out of date right now, ignore it]).

If cutting up the case is not an option, the CM 120 is ~3 inches longer and can fit just about any card, at the same price as the 110. The SG07/08 is the same volume (more or less) as the CM110 you are looking at, can fit just about any card, and has a decent 600W PSU built in, to help justify the $120 price increase over the CM options.
http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-T...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389911459&sr=8-1&keywords=sg08

I've done plenty of silly small builds with power (overwhelmingly with Silverstone cases), so shoot any question.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually did a small build in an SG-07 already, and I wanna try something even smaller. But I don't want to use shitty SFF PSUs and single slot cards, so I picked the 110. Only reason I'm getting the big ass PSU is because it's the same price as the 600w variant, and PSUs are most efficient when loaded around 50%.

I actually did a small build in an SG-07 already, and I wanna try something even smaller. But I don't want to use shitty SFF PSUs and single slot cards, so I picked the 110. Only reason I'm getting the big ass PSU is because it's the same price as the 600w variant, and PSUs are most efficient when loaded around 50%.

How about the Fractal Design 304?

Tons of airflow, QUIET, 4 hard drives + full-size ATX PSU (but I recommend a small modular PSU to allow you maximum graphics card space).

DID I MENTION THE AMPLE 310mm DEPTH AVAILABLE FOR THE GRAPHICS CARD? :D

You can grab a small modular PSU like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256065

Speaking of SilverStone, today I just got their 450W SFX modular one which is tiny, but has an adapter plate to mount to a regular size opening too. Newegg is definitely shipping "V2.0" which fixed the over-eager fan noise:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256084
That small 760 gaming card OP posted is sweet, I only got a 650 Ti, was trying to stay low-ish power.

Back