Fastest Pixel Response Time AH-IPS monitors

RivaLCF

n00b
This investment is becoming a bigger issue than I initially thought it would. My first PC monitor, for gaming, was an LG 22EA53VQ-P and the only reason I bought that was because it was the only affordable IPS monitor in my budget range back in the time (2013). The monitor turned out to have outstanding pixel response time, even in the fastest camera movements didn't BLUR at all and have no visible ghosting. I was suprised I made such a good purchase.

I replaced it with an Asus VG248QE 144Hz monitor, but I agreed later on that I preferred the colors of IPS instead. I calibrated the Asus monitor properly and everything, and it actually has good colors, but not good enough.

Now, I'm on the hunt for a proper 24'' AH-IPS monitor. I pulled an idiotic move I guess to try out the BenQ EW2440L (VA Panel) but I was impressed with It's super high contrast ratio, but honestly this thing ghosts like I haven't seen before. I didn't turn it on after that, I was disgusted.

Next I pulled in the Dell S2415H. Loved the glossy finish, however lower than optimal pixel response time, does well in most games but completely blurs out in a fast paced FIFA 16 match, It's unbelievable how crazy it blurs. It simply can't keep up.

Now the obvious choice seems to be the Dell U2414H which seems to tick all the options, but I'm also having a look on the LG 24MP67VQ-P. It looks decent honestly.

The HP's are no option for me, not sold here (Netherlands) and doesn't have VESA mount (Required).

So two options:
Dell U2414H
LG 24MP67VQ-P ( A lot cheaper here, I prefer to save costs if possible!)

Both flicker free, both have VESA mounts. Is there a better option I might have missed?

TL;DR:
- Fast pixel response time, low input lag (in IPS terms, it can't be that low I know)
- Has VESA mount
- AH-IPS or any equilavence.
- 24 Inch
- IDEAL for fast paced gaming at 60Hz.

The way i see your usage scenario and requirements, you will have (MUCH)more benefit with a strobing backlight monitor than with merely a faster pixel response time.

He ruled out HP in the OP due to unavailability in his country.

Beware NCX assumes the CX and XW share the same panel but that's not confirmed.

His exact words on the subject from the thread that you linked are:

The fact that the 25XW I reviewed is slightly better than the 27CW may be a coincidence (the result of panel lottery), or perhaps the XW series monitors use the better quality panels from the same batches.

The positioning of these monitors is XW > CW > VX. It's unknown if panel binning is occuring, but the VERY small smaple I've been exposed to indicates that this may be occurring.

Also as read in another thread be careful one 25" variant in the series (VX or VX don't remember) might not be the same at all, using PWM and crap.

You're correct. VX (lowest end) uses PWM below 100%. XW and CW are PWM free.

OP - I know you stated that HP is unavailable, but they are what I'd recommend as well. Richard above was on the right track. If you have an acquaintance who can help you, it may be worth the shipping/import fees to get a 25XW.

Thanks for the feedback. I know the HP's are the best around for multiple reasons. I've read through a lot of posts to have learned that. Unfortunately though I have absolutely no chance of getting them, and they have no VESA mounting. I do absolutely need to have a VESA mount on the monitor. I know It's a lot to ask for, and that's why I decided to ask the community which does seem experienced with monitors. Usually if I do enough research I do find whatever I need, but in this case it seems tricky. There are lack of reviews on a lot of monitors, leading to doubts for me. I'm willing to try to the LG 24MP67VQ-P, even if the colors are not the best in the world, neither were the 22EA53VQ-P's (I personally thought it was VERY good, and my sample, for some reason, had almost ZERO backlight bleed. The blacks were like actual blacks), so perhaps the LG 24MP67VQ-P could live up to the same level. I'll be more than pleased if it can. Again, the 22EA53VQ-P had zero ghosting/blurring, was quite responsive and had good colors, this all whilst this monitor hasn't got any recognition for that. I personally was very suprised on how good it was. So I'll try the LG 24MP67VQ-P, see what It's like, and just report back if I'm not happy with it.

Unfortunately though I have absolutely no chance of getting them, .

I'd ship for you. But at that point, you're talking the cost of a 1440p monitor. Speaking of which, is the Acer G257HU available in your country? I don't know why I didn't mention that before. You didn't specifically state that you needed 1080p.

and they have no VESA mounting.

I know you're out of the running on this, but I'm posting this for others who may read the thread. You can VESA mount these HP monitors with a compatible adapter. Example:
http://www.amazon.com/VESA-Mount-Adapter-Bracket-Pavilion/dp/B01771Q0E4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Alright I'll keep your suggestion in mind and I'll see what the possibilities are. This is one thing I didn't mention indeed, but my budget only allows a 1080p monitor. As you said, if my estimation is right, the HP monitor + shipping costs ends out to be around the same costs of a Dell P2416D 1440p monitor where I live, which sits around 260 euros. I'd like to keep it around or below 220 euros. The Acer G257HU for example would cost me 373 euros, very far from my current budget. But I'm going to look to see if I can somehow get one of those HP's along with the VESA bracket.

The Acer G257HU for example would cost me 373 euros, very far from my current budget.

Ouch! The reason that I mentioned the Acer is because the street price here in the US is typically $260, which is very close to the HP 27XW. It's our cheapest 25" 1440p panel by far.

Regardless, best of luck in your search!

I can buy the 27XW directly from HP France, the 25XW doesn't seem to be available in any EU country indeed.

Back