Fastest laptop possible with quality Windows 7 support

Define "fast" 'cause until you do not much of what anyone suggests is going to matter. As for Windows 7, I've got Windows 7 working perfectly on a Kaby Lake laptop (Lenovo Yoga) that of course everybody at Intel, Microsoft, and Lenovo tell me "You can't do that, Windows 7 won't work on that machine..." and I like other people that know better just laugh in their faces over it. :)

Fast as in data processing for tasks like 3D rendering, fast as in high framerates for games, fast as in encoding speed for video data, etc.

Faster than i7-4810MQ 2.8Ghz that i currently own.
I suspect that Kaby lake will not be a huge improvement.

Yeah, Microsoft is funny.

Do you need Windows 7 for some app that won't run on a newer OS version, or is it just preference?

Because if it's just preference... well, to be honest, you're swimming against the tide and wondering why you're farther out from shore.

Last edited:
I agree anything new is not going to guarantee support. I suggest you try and get your hands of windows 10 ltsb as it reminds me of windows 7 in some regards.

I'm not into ltsb or ltsc stuff.
Fresh ltsc fully updated:

I'm not ready for beta quality os.

Answering to myself.
Fastest laptop is Dell Precision 7510(7520).
1535 Xeon 4c/8t
64gb ddr4
512gb nvme
4gb m2000m quadro.

Lightning fast machine.

ps After some tests have come to conclusion that Server 2008R2 around 15% faster than W7 in I/O operations.

Last edited:
Back