Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

You guys just don't get what I am doing. I don't really care if you get it or not. But, why make off topic remarks? Your remarks are unproductive in the context of this thread.

Your doing what every first time overclocker does. Testing an OC the wrong way. I guess your right.. I don't get it. You are also sticking a 5ghz OC in your sig that isn't earned... so I don't get that either.

Even the fact your BLCK is being pushed past the 100mhz reccomendation should tell you, Auto OC sucks balls.

Ho-hum. Pretty soon one of you will threaten to tell your mother on me.

Last edited:
If your day to day activities don't stress the CPU and that's your excuse for not doing any sort of real stress test on the overclock, why do you want a 5 GHz OC? Surely stock speeds are suitable for your day to day computing needs.

I am not making an excuse for not doing anything. If truly interested, then please read the thread a bit more thoroughly. It explains what I am doing and why.

You wrote something that looks like a guide :
For all interested, here is the way my fast track worked for me.
which is VERY misleading and inexperienced but could attract another inexperienced person which i'll feel very sorry for him/her.

I am not making an excuse for not doing anything. If truly interested, then please read the thread a bit more thoroughly. It explains what I am doing and why.

Except we've seen exactly the same story from a million other n00bies. You're nothing special or new here, and it's obvious you have no idea what you're doing.

Your post has absolutely zero application for tuning an overclock or proving its stability. There are already established methodologies that are the way they are, because they are tried and true. Nothing else really works, period.

As I said before, you just fronting and saying we don't get it is more proof that you have no idea what you're doing with your hardware. Everything you've posted here has been one big fat excuse to say you have a 5GHz overclock, when in fact you have nothing.

The only thing this thread fast tracks you to is a dead processor. Take a hint. Everyone in the thread is laughing at you.

To make things short if your cpu has to withstand high temps for long its going into thermal throttling which means its going to slow down until its cooled itself meaning a high oc is reduced to 2Ghz of throttling

Yea, we get what you're trying to do, that doesn't mean it's not a terrible plan. We've all learned in one for or another that overclocking is done, at least for the time being, the way it is because it's what works the best. Auto overclocking is shitty and doesn't really work except for very small overclocks at the moment.

Zoson said it best when he said "The only thing this thread fastracks you to is a dead processor"

Yea, we get what you're trying to do, that doesn't mean it's not a terrible plan. We've all learned in one for or another that overclocking is done, at least for the time being, the way it is because it's what works the best. Auto overclocking is shitty and doesn't really work except for very small overclocks at the moment.

Zoson said it best when he said "The only thing this thread fastracks you to is a dead processor"
Gosh!!! Did he say that? OMG! I must have missed those immortal words.

I think your brain is incapable of logic.

You ask if there is any Merit in auto OC we say no! and instead of trying to prove us wrong by actually being prime stable you just pussy out because you know your either gonna hit 90 degrees or bsod within 10 seconds, prove us wrong and do a stress test.

Guess what guys! I overclocked my brand new GTX590 today. Here is the fast track way to doing it. I used an auto overclocker to set the Core to 1224MHz, the Shader clock to 2448MHz, and the memory to 6840MHz. It seems fine running at 75c at idle and day to day operations of staring at my wallpaper. I tested the stability by watching youtube videos. Its legit and anyone can do it. K1NGP1N needs to get on my level.

Also check out my sig!!!

I think your brain is incapable of logic.

You ask if there is any Merit in auto OC we say no! and instead of trying to prove us wrong by actually being prime stable you just pussy out because you know your either gonna hit 90 degrees or bsod within 10 seconds, prove us wrong and do a stress test.
I didn't ask if there is merit. I was hoping for some suggestions that would be useful in trying to find some merit. No one apparently had any ideas. Most couldn't get out of their boxes to even think in a different way about ideas they didn't like. But, what did I get instead of sensible replies? I got a bunch of trash talk from a group of know-it-alls that wouldn't make up one decent bully all put together.

I didn't ask if there is merit. I was hoping for some suggestions that would be useful in trying to find some merit. No one apparently had any ideas. Most couldn't get out of their boxes to even think in a different way about ideas they didn't like. But, what did I get instead of sensible replies? I got a bunch of trash talk from a group of know-it-alls that wouldn't make up one decent bully all put together.

There are a lot of ways to do something wrong.... you are just showing another.

And we said many times that many many people have tried to find merit in it, with none to be found. It's shit. I wish it wasn't because having it magically do an awesome overclocking job would definitely save me time building a new rig.

There are a lot of ways to do something wrong.... you are just showing another.
Are you talking about the auto OC? I can see why someone could think that my approach was wrong because there are easier ways to get a justifiable 5 GHz and because if flies in the face of the conventional wisdom. Admittedly, I am not aware of how much effort anyone here has put into trying to come up with procedures that would justify the deemed to be "successful" OCs generated by the auto OC procedure.

But, you sort have to think that ASUS had something in mind for when the auto OC procedure deems an OCs to be "successful"--especially when the OC level seems so inconsistent with the stress put on the machine. My thinking was that maybe one could somehow justify the OCs by identifying conditions under which lesser levels of stress testing might somehow be acceptable. Perhaps not though. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about the possibilities

And we said many times that many many people have tried to find merit in it, with none to be found. It's shit. I wish it wasn't because having it magically do an awesome overclocking job would definitely save me time building a new rig.
Very good. Do you know of some threads that deal with the attempts you mention? And, please see my above reply. I'd certainly be interested in any perhaps new thoughts on the issue you may have or an indication of the approaches people have taken to justify the ASUS auto OC procedure.

Last edited:
Look all the auto OC does is guestimate voltages, voltage required for chips is a variable that is different in every chip hence why people do not use it, people manually input and stress there chips because that is logical.
The auto OC feature is there because of captilism, each motherboard manufacturer packs there mobo's with as much features as possible to sell them, use your brain.
I see you have changed your BCKL clock too 100 mhz (looking at your sig) well done, you actually listened for once,

OP that clock needs to be tested in your Sig before you go posting it. I can hit 5ghz and use my rig all day long with out issue but I still can't pass more than 2 hours of prime before I crash or get to a temp i am not comfy with. LIttle more voltage and I may have it but I know my limtations and why push so much extra voltage for 200mhz over what I got. I don't think you know your rig well eneough yet to call it stable. Your in the right place to learn how though. Good luck!
I agree with your point. I posted the 5K value prematurely--since I had not adequately satisfied my goal of justifying the "successful" auto OC level.

For all interested, I'll be out of town for about 2 weeks. I'll get back on machine issues soon after returning, including OCing not using the auto OCer.

First, OP wrote something that looks like an OC guide, complete with its step by step :
For all interested, here is the way my fast track worked for me.

He even went by far as to put the "5.0 Ghz" on his sig, but then admit he didnt stress test his 5.0 Ghz :

Do you have suggestions about what only moderately severe stress test might be appropriate given what I am trying to accomplish.

then he admitted he cant claim stability and, withdraw the statement of what looks like an OC guide above, LOL :
Thank you for the comments. Yes, given what I have done, I can't claim stability (and didn't intent to give the impression that I was). At best, I am hoping for a rather serendipitous "stability buffer" between the stress I applied and what one with pretty light day-to-day activities would apply. Still, as you say, that might very well be dangerous.

then questioning his own OC's step/method/whatever well as Asus' auto OC features?
I think you are right. But, please remember that what I am doing really amounts to figuring out to what extent, if any, the auto OCer has merit. As I have dug more deeply into things, I am coming to believe that ASUS should pull it. What are they thinking???

Now i dunno what's OP up to :rolleyes:

nösferatu;1037207505 said:
First, OP wrote something that looks like an OC guide, complete with its step by step :

He even went by far as to put the "5.0 Ghz" on his sig, but then admit he didnt stress test his 5.0 Ghz :

then he admitted he cant claim stability and, withdraw the statement of what looks like an OC guide above, LOL :

then questioning his own OC's step/method/whatever well as Asus' auto OC features?

Now i dunno what's OP up to :rolleyes:
I was going to point it out, but there are many people in the thread that apparently can't see this guy is lying his ass off and changing his story to try and save face.

This is the last time I'm posting to this thread. Obvious troll is obvious. Fake liar troll. I won't feed it any more.

You two are so confused and childish. I doubt you'll ever get a grip on what "out of context" and "lack of objectivity" mean or grow up.

Last edited:
I have pretty much lost interest in finding merit for the ASUS auto OC procedure. Several weeks ago I started on stability testing on my newly built system, but I got distracted with rebuilding after several mobo RMAs, other work/play, and fiddling with the auto OC procedure.

I didn't try taking it to a huge limit, but my build seems to be OK on LinX at 5 GHz. I'll post a pic of my first result when I return from my trip. I did 20 LinX passes over 1 h and 47 m with 0 errors (8 threads, all available memory = 6724 used, and task size = 29636). My max temps across cores ranged from 69 C to 72 C. My Gflops range was 58.8986 to 58.9554.Yes, I know that 2 h 47 m is not an extremely long time,

Back