Fast Charging on MSI P67A-GD65, How Does It Work??

TorxT3D

Gawd
msi claims theres a fast charging feature for usb devices, but i dont know if its working or how im supposed to get it to work?

it has been a big annoyance to me when charging my phones on past usb 2.0 motherboards, charges slower compared to using a wall adapter (volt/amp differences of course)

so does anyone know what im supposed to do to get this to work?
charge usb 2.0 devices in usb 3.0 ports?
software driven?

i dont get it.

usually your USB devices are sharing a 5v connection, so unless you have a good powered hub, you get lower power out of them when you have multiple devices plugged in, I guess the supercharger has it's own dedicated power feed?

usually your USB devices are sharing a 5v connection, so unless you have a good powered hub, you get lower power out of them when you have multiple devices plugged in, I guess the supercharger has it's own dedicated power feed?

i think that all of the default USB ports use the USB standard of 5v 500mAh-900mAh... so a USB header probably can support 5v 2A max...

this red thingy will supply as much current as you want... though it didnt say the maximum

honestly, im not new to the internet, but i figured i'd bring up the topic just in case anyone else wanted to talk about it or throw their opinions on it.

yea im trying to find an android app to give me information on the charging (usb with and without supercharger turned on) just to see if its charging faster. might end up being a useless feature to me. I was hoping it didnt require installation of separate software.

Back