FARCRY2, you've got to be kidding!

Pabuchok

Gawd
So Im finally at 96% of this crappy game. I relax, put the baby to bed, and launch Farcry 2 in the hopes of finishing it, when this happens!!

IMG_0601.JPG

Sorry for the large pic, too upset to resize :rolleyes:

Damn.

I'm not gonna even ask the obvious questions like disk cleaning and different drives and all that.

So uhhh yeah, you're prob gonna have to resort to cracks.

LOL I love how people still wonder why consoles are becoming so dominant :p I mean, don't get me wrong, I PREFER gaming on the PC too, but things like this really kill it for me :(

No remorse pirating games IMO if it is to get AROUND this BS.

Little do you know, the game is actually doing you a favor by not allowing you to continue playing.

Maybe you should put the disc in the drive?

;) I'm kidding. I'm sorry for having fun at your expense.

Little do you know, the game is actually doing you a favor by not allowing you to continue playing.

lmao! mate, just crack it, hope it wont get me warned, but srsly, you paid for a product and thats what you get. what a joke, and i dont see cracking as piracy anyway, it jsut stops shit like this from happening, alternatively, and safer, you could create or use a mini image.

Damn. And the dev's wonder why there are cracks out there... Dumbshits. They need GOOD and reliable copy protection. #1 way: make good games.

Crack it. Finish it.

There, was that so hard?

Seriously though, I own this game, I have played it, and I don't think it deserves half the criticisms it has received.

The starforce disaster and the sony rootkit is what migrated me to Steam and digital distribution in general.

I suggest you do the same and quit buying pc games in stores.

I don't see what the problem is, your hand is not the DVD drive, try inserting it in the DVD drive next time. :D

Er sort of off topic, any chance that I could get a copy of your desktop wallpaper?

sorry lol I feel your frustrations though

well im glad i got my far cry 2 free with my graphics card so if ever that happens to me i would simply throw the game in the bin if i have not done so already.

umm where is my fc2 disk :p

Maybe this is just a hidden rootkit to determine the last starfighter. Any minute now a crazy alien robot is going to show up to replace you. 96% done in farcry 2... you must be inhuman anyway.

I know what the problem is.. the disk is in your hand..

This kept happening to me too. Its pretty much trial and error. I believe at some point, there was a securom patch for the issue. It's not up anymore, but that may have solved it, as I don't get that error anymore.

That kind of stuff makes me insanely angry. But then again, I have issues :eek:

:D

I wouldn't crack it, I'd be up somebodies ass from dawn till dusk every day and night making their lives a miserable, leaking, fucked up hell and this pic needs to make the rounds. Do they have a forum where you could post it and get banned real quick to make matters even worse?

fuckers

I'm having this happen more and more often everyday. It's really annoying having to copy the original .exe, crack it, and then replace the crack everytime the program updates. Grrr....

Crack it. Finish it.

There, was that so hard?

Seriously though, I own this game, I have played it, and I don't think it deserves half the criticisms it has received.

To quote the box: "Find, hunt, and kill a dangerous arms dealer in an engrossing storyline that plays over more than 50 hours."

...Wow, that'd be great, except that 45 hours are spent driving...

The ending is terrible anyway. Save yourself the trouble and just throw your character into the nearest bonfire.

You played over 90% of the game? Wow. I'm sorry you had to torture yourself that much. I quit a long time ago.

"You have malaria. Go to sleep!"

That's the kind of punchy, provocative script writing that wins Academy awards.

I played this game for about 4-5 hours and haven't touched it since. I kind of liked the combat, but the driving gets old and the entire storyline is lame. It's beyond repetitive, but that's what happens when creativity gets tossed out the window and the only thing that matters is money.

Ubisoft turned what could have been a great franchise into a turd. FYI, Far Cry 3 has been confirmed and it's supposedly going to be set in Africa again. Ooh, I can't wait! :D

Have you installed any new software recently? Something like daemon tools, alcohol 120% can cause complications with copy protection (any virtual drive software can really). Good luck with the problem!

Back