Far Cry screenies (not dialup friendly)

Originally posted by TheGamerZ
OH MY GOD! You weren't kiddin! Performance dropped to like HALF of what it was before. But god damn... that is some sexy water.

FarCry0002.jpg

Yeah performance takes a MASSIVE hit :). We're talking UBER pixel shaders/calculations to do that water. BUT DAMN it does look SOOOO nice.

How far is everyone? I'm on the "rebelion" level, and godamn it's hard. I'd hate to try playing this game on Realistic (playing on the default dificulty level).

Originally posted by fallguy
Well, arent you cool.

why so much hate?
is it my fault that the game isnt going to be released here until at the very earliest next week?

Originally posted by fallguy
Sad.

thank you.
your comments have a major affect on my life.
i shall now go and change the way i live it, just to please you, oh mighty fallguy.

no one mentioned multiplayer...is it with the game? is it going to be in a later patch? Have not heard anythign, please shed light!!

Originally posted by saqdeez
no one mentioned multiplayer...is it with the game? is it going to be in a later patch? Have not heard anythign, please shed light!!

I'll second that question ... WTF, mate? :)

Yes multiplayer will be included.

I'm sure we'll know more once the game lands in the US.

There are even rumors that a multiplayer specific demo is supposed to come out later this month.

-dB

Originally posted by bjork
anyone else notice vigor's sig is like 8 times as long as hos posts?

heh i was just skimming and saw his post and was like meh, tl: dr and skipped over it then i read your post and went back to his and laughed, thats great.

vigor, get that website that is coming soon and post your specs on there and just have the address in your sig. my moniter just called, it wants it's screen space back :D

back on topic, i am not even going to try to run this game on my lil 2ghz sporting a meager ti4200. and i totally agree with blind rocket --i am not going to upgrade now only for pci express to come out in like just a matter of weeks now. dear god i cant wait! 2004 is going to be the best year ever for us gamers.

Beat the whole game after playing for almost 24hrs in easy mode but i'd tell ya it was still hard. Good story line and great graphic even though my 9700 pro had little hard time ;)

A lot of these screenshots don't do the game justice, you really have to experience it for yourself... Finally a game that my 9800 pro gets something out of. It runs reasonably fast in 1024x768 with everything or almost everything set to "very high" I can't wait for the next gen of video cards. Here are some screenshots though:

FarCry0006.jpg

FarCry0007.jpg

FarCry0008.jpg

FarCry0009.jpg

FarCry0024.jpg

This engine is really amazing, either ID or Epic has been the gold standard for engine technology for years now... But this one clearly kicks some major ass and it's quite optimized.

its weird, everyone says they play this at 1024 but i play it at 1280 with everything on, including aa and af, and i still get about 30fps during firefights.

Originally posted by andypnb
its weird, everyone says they play this at 1024 but i play it at 1280 with everything on, including aa and af, and i still get about 30fps during firefights.

andypnb must be special....:cool:

What the hell hardware are you running? :eek:

Originally posted by Devnull

FarCry0024.jpg

Wow, if that was a few years ago, that would have been an impressive pre-rendered scene. It's hard to imagine that's real time.

I'm going to pre-order this now... comes out in a few days, but I'm sold.

Originally posted by HitMan-sC
What the hell hardware are you running? :eek:

p4 3.0c
1 gb fast ram
9800 pro
intel mobo
on board sound

clean xp install

the "high quality reccomendations" in the far cry manual

Amazing game. The Demo runs ok on my box with the GPU being the bottle neck.

One of the links that was posted here amazes me.

something to the effect of "....your not a man unless you have a DvD drive {sic} in your computer..."

Funny stuff.

-=M=-

ya know among the other things that make people excited about this game...

it's just cool to finally get away from all the standard locations that shoot em ups take place.

Originally posted by HRslammR
it's just cool to finally get away from all the standard locations that shoot em ups take place.
Yeah they've got a great environment for this game. I'd love to live on that island, it's so cool!

crap... This might be the game that pushes me into buying a new PC, the XP1600+/gf3ti200/512pc2100 probably won't cut it as well as I'd like on this one, those screenshots look amazing. I suppose my comp. is almost 2.5 years old now, its had a good life...

Originally posted by thewhiteguy
Yeah they've got a great environment for this game. I'd love to live on that island, it's so cool!

Are you kidding me? I'm scared running through the bushes thinking this thing is suddenly about to go jurassic park on my ass!!!! :eek:

p4 3.0c
1 gb fast ram
9800 pro
intel mobo
on board sound

clean xp install

You should try turning on the extra reflections in the water... I forget the switch, but it looks nice... spanks the frame rate though.

To see what kind of FPS you're getting type \r_displayinfo 1 in the console.

-dB

p4 3.0c
1 gb fast ram
9800 pro
intel mobo
on board sound

clean xp install

Woohooo I pass :D

For the awesome reflections set this to 1

r_Quality_Reflection = "0"

Makes water look even nicer (hard to believe I know).

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

I dont like the "over acting" or whatever you want to call it. Their dialoge is idiotic, and annoying.

I still like the game so far though. Its HUGE. Too often in a game that has large landscapes, you cant go to the background where the mountain or whatever it is, in Farcry you can. If they only didnt have a static sky :(

Im going to bork the templete... but I dont want to resize the pics, takes away from the quality of the images. Sorry in advance. :( Mass pics coming...

18.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

38.jpg

I just like the steam effect. :shrug:

43.jpg

36.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

Those are the PS 2.0 effects, same as for the red pipes.

15.jpg

No reflection:
45.jpg

With reflection:
48.jpg

No reflection:
46.jpg

With reflection:
47.jpg

The water shows the trees and stuff, not just the mountain with the reflection on. In the second pic its pretty obvious.. even the palm tree far off reflects.

Maybe they should use the FS 2004 weather. But no real weather in a fps is absolute overkill. But it sure would be nice if they have real cycles with dawn day dusk and night and such. Imagine going in those jungle pitch dark with no infrared googles or anything. Just the sounds of pumas and what else lurking around.

Could be more scary than Doom 3 :D

the steam effect is awesome.
you just cant tell in the pictures.
i took the same screenshot and didnt post it because it didnt convey the effect very well.

my fps drops by a significant amount when i turn the full relfections on. but if i turn off shadows and it goes back up.
so awesome reflections and no shadows... good enough for me.

Back