Far Cry New Dawn

I had a problem with it at the start the Ai just kicked my ass but I only played for about 2 hours.

So I decided to watch this. It turns out this will have everything I hated from FC5, and then some!

Why on earth do they feel the need to include leveling, but especially level barriers in a damn shooter? This is utter garbage.
Another idiotic villains being evil for the sake of being evil, without proper character building it seems.
And looking forward (not) to the amount of times you'll be captured and have a hole spoken in your gut by the sisters, only to get free n+1 times again and again. This was somewhat novel in FC3 with vaas, but even there I mentioned how ridiculous it is that you get captured and then get free half a dozen times in the game.

Fallout New Dawn, I have too many other things I want to play at the moment, and I still have memory of the broken POS JC4 still fresh on my mind. I will wait this out.

Just Cause 4 was by far the worst AAA title of the year, and it makes me angry that it basically got almost no backlash for how bad it was.

I don't like the rain frost plants everywhere super bright setting. Also uesing mostly the map by the sound of it. should not be a $60 game then

Just Cause 4 was by far the worst AAA title of the year, and it makes me angry that it basically got almost no backlash for how bad it was.

JC4 sucked so bad it led to me picking up Yakuza 0, which is by far one of the greatest games I have ever played... It takes place in 88, I lived in Japan in 92 and its pretty spot on to what Japan was actually like back then.

It seems new dawn will not even utilize all of far cry 5's playable area.

M6EA288.png

New Dawn is using the exact same map as FC5?...of course it will look different after the nuke went off but I was expecting some new areas...people make the 'this should have been released as DLC' comment a lot but in this case it really holds true

I guess I'll go back and actually finish FC5 and all the DLCs first. I got the gold edition on a pricing error last year, reviews of the DLC were so bad I never bothered with it.
I figure Mars and Zombies are worth the time.

I guess I'll go back and actually finish FC5 and all the DLCs first. I got the gold edition on a pricing error last year, reviews of the DLC were so bad I never bothered with it.
I figure Mars and Zombies are worth the time.

Mars was the best thing about the single-player, Zombies was annoying but not as bad as Vietnam, that was just horribly bland.

Fuck this game. I just read a review and it has the same level barrier bs as AC: Odyssey where enemies just a few levels above you are basically invulnerable bullet sponges.

Fuck this game. I just read a review and it has the same level barrier bs as AC: Odyssey where enemies just a few levels above you are basically invulnerable bullet sponges.

I'm fine with that. FC5 was way too easy even on max difficulty, and one of the main reasons why I thought it wasn't that great.

Best reviewer on the web.
Easy Allies are more comprehensive.
ACG spends too much time on audio (about 1/4 of every review), talks too fast, and tries to make too many witty-type comments. You usually only come out of his videos knowing whether he likes a game or not and his final recommendation... And less about the game itself and how good it is.

He's still a good reviewer with good judgement, though. A worthy successor to the likes of totalbiscuit.

Last edited:
I'm personally tired of ARPG type damage indicators flying off enemies. It dissipates whatever little immersion is left over after the bullet sponge encounters. It is hateful. I can't even describe how annoyed this makes me. FC5 at least was a half decent shooter, the only mad part were the boss encounters, now everything is like that.

Nope, bullet sponge kills the game for me. Headshot = death or GTFO.
Yeah if they couldn't figure out how to make things more challenging without resorting to massive health pools, that doesn't bode well for the game.

In a fps with human enemies, difficulty should come from enemy bahavior and tactics (AI), equipment, quantity, and scripted events in roughly that order. Bumping their health is a no-go.

Enemies and weapons have four tiers, not levels: White (I), Blue (II), Purple (III), and Yellow (crown). Guns you find will have corresponding ranks, and you can upgrade your existing weapons.

I'm curious how stealth assassinations work. What happens if you sneak up and stealth attack an elite enemy? Will they die instantly?

gNM3tCu.png

V0nI9Y1.png

Last edited:
Enemies and weapons have four tiers, not levels: White (I), Blue (II), Purple (III), and Yellow (crown). Guns you find will have corresponding ranks, and you can upgrade your existing weapons.

I'm curious how stealth assassinations work. What happens if you sneak up and stealth attack an elite enemy? Will they die instantly?
They can call them stratums for all I care, they're still levels

New Dawn is using the exact same map as FC5?...of course it will look different after the nuke went off but I was expecting some new areas...people make the 'this should have been released as DLC' comment a lot but in this case it really holds true

There are new areas that can be accessed by Helicopter. Utah, Arizona & Louisiana I believe.

hmph, well now I'm on the fence, if its "kind of an expansion". Ill admit I didn't follow development but I was hoping it was full new game. eeeeeh.

if you enjoy the far cry loop you will enjoy this. personally I am sick of the formula, to the point where I never finished primal or FC5. Its kind of like, ok, you got all the stuff, now repeat boring activities until game ends.

if you enjoy the far cry loop you will enjoy this. personally I am sick of the formula, to the point where I never finished primal or FC5. Its kind of like, ok, you got all the stuff, now repeat boring activities until game ends.

The only Far Cry I didn't complete was Primal. After around 10hrs of shitty gameplay with spears and bows, all I could think about was how much better Blood Dragon was and that I blew $45 on a hope and a dream.

Thanks for saving me the disappointment. I don't think Crytek is ever going to see a dime out of me again.

Back