Far Cry aiming

theTIK

Gawd
Is it just me? I can't aim for shit with this game. All other FPS games i've played on my computer i can aim perfectly fine. CS, halo, battlefield, ut, quake, serious sam, call of duty.... I CAN'T AIM FOR SHIT! Whats wrong?

Originally posted by theTIK
Is it just me? I can't aim for shit with this game. All other FPS games i've played on my computer i can aim perfectly fine. CS, halo, battlefield, ut, quake, serious sam, call of duty.... I CAN'T AIM FOR SHIT! Whats wrong?

I have kinda noticed this as well.

I am not sure but its almost like there is some micro lag when aiming. But I cant really put my finger on it. Games like Wolf ET I can aim like a f*ckin ace, but Farcry I seem to be below par.

Yup, one of my main complaints about the game was that the mouse generally feels weird, like theres a delay before the game responds to the mouse commands.

seems fine, you wanna aim better? do what people do in real life, go prone. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by omega-x
seems fine, you wanna aim better? do what people do in real life, go prone. :rolleyes:

I think we have most likely tried that as well, same shit. Thanx tho, bye.

seriously, if you do it well enough, you can hit someone 200 yards away with the M4 :)

CQB combat is another thing tho, framerate is key.

From the Readme:

Q) Is my crosshair "lagging"?

A) The weapons on the screen are featuring a "lazy" or "lagging" effect when the player turns his head around quickly, but not the crosshair. This could be perceived as a delay by some user. Type "cl_lazyweapon 0" In the console to disable this effect. Check mouse sensitivity as well.

and

Known Issues:

-In some situations with FPS below 40-50 the mouse may feel laggy. [2286]

it pays to read the readme sometimes ;)

Originally posted by omega-x
seriously, if you do it well enough, you can hit someone 200 yards away with the M4 :)

CQB combat is another thing tho, framerate is key.

Dont think you get it, yes I can go prone and pick people off with an M4 in a bush no problem..

I think I know what hes originally talking about, like when your in a tough situation with like 10 enemies around you its hard to go rambo and mow people down. Like I go to fix on someone but its like the cursor just slightly goes past the target, hense shitty aiming.

I havent played around too much much with mouse sensitivity.. but when I installed the game the movement was horedously slow so I did jack the sensitivity right up.

I think the aiming is more realistic than most other shooters. There is a barrel sway at all aiming postions, other than just in a zoomed sniper mode like i see many other games. I like it...it makes it more challenging and adds to the more imersive experience

-In some situations with FPS below 40-50 the mouse may feel laggy.

That's the one that applies to most people. It felt retarded until I knocked down the AA/AF a bit.

I felt the same thing. Thought there was some gay mouse filtering or acceleration BS so I searched everywhere. All I found was that lazymouse thing but that wasn't it. Turns out it was just my horrid FPS. Made the demo unplayable for me, I couldn't stand it.

Happens to me also. I hope they take care of it in the next patch. At 30 fps the mouse shouldn't feel laggy. It isn't jerky, just like a slight delay, maybe a tenth of a second even but noticeable and annoying.

just type the cl_weapon 0 command, and when in a tough situation with more than one enemy, dont zoom. like if you where in real life.

Back