Far Cry 5 Teasers Confirm American Setting, Full Reveal This Week

Well, I'm happy people are having a trouble distinguishing between live and cg... it'll be a fine day when it all won't matter and we can concentrate on good story/art/music/gameplay/etc...

We were pretty close before to live/cg confusion before HD tv's came out. Just catching back up now. I remember seeing NFL2k on the Dreamcast and thinking it was a live football game.
I don't like the idea of a cult leader bad guy. Far Cry 4 was my favorite, and maybe one of my top 10 favorite pc games ever, thanks to the very cool bad guy. I tried "the division" but man, it just didn't have the flavor.
Everyone looks for something different of course, but FC4 really ticked my boxes. Blood Dragon, I almost deleted after a minute. The humor was so immature (yes, I am an old guy), but after a bit it really got amazing.

Now were these live action trailers? Can anyone confirm?

We were pretty close before to live/cg confusion before HD tv's came out. Just catching back up now. I remember seeing NFL2k on the Dreamcast and thinking it was a live football game.
Totally, right on, 100%.... I remember sitting at the tv all like "damn, this game is lit af, and what's with all these new helicopter cams and power meter graphics dayum shit look gud got ma dick all hard fuuuuuck love the new shoulder pads too looks more bulk than ma dick ya know what I'm sayin fuck"... and this was for well over 3 hours before realizing nothing in the game was really happening and it was my dog chewing on the controller that threw me off

I've only played FC1 and was going to pick up Primal once I finish my backlog of games. Are there any other FC's worth getting? I prefer games that support 3440x1440.

Looking pretty politically incorrect, and maybe just exactly what this politically correct and socially-justified industry needs right now.

far_cry_5_full_art.jpg

Looking pretty politically incorrect, and maybe just exactly what this politically correct and socially-justified industry needs right now.

What's funny is I doubt conservative/religious folks will see this as "politically incorrect" and just call it liberal propaganda. :rolleyes:

IMO, if Middle Eastern terrorists as the antagonists in video games is fine (as it has been for soooooooooooooo many games), so is this.

This is so cool, the game takes place right outside my house, hell yeah!!!

View attachment 25772

Wow, people like this would last about 20 minutes in Montana before the ATF and local authorities would have their way with them.
Without lube.

Not to mention that places like Bozeman and Missoula are hyper liberal, and you see more people like Pagan Min walking around than you would the types above, haha.

farcry4.jpg

Yeah perhaps Alabama might have been a better choice or west Texas if they were going for white America religious Cult vibe.

What's funny is I doubt conservative/religious folks will see this as "politically incorrect" and just call it liberal propaganda. :rolleyes:

IMO, if Middle Eastern terrorists as the antagonists in video games is fine (as it has been for soooooooooooooo many games), so is this.

Agreed. Besides, its not like religious cults are exactly a new bad guy. They're a well used trope across entertainment media. Books, moves, other games, etc have all made use of this idea and similar imagery. Some people have their heads shoved so far up the asses of their political party that they think literally everything revolves around politics. Its cool imagery for a box cover and a cult leader is a good idea for a villain, I rather doubt much beyond that went through Ubisoft's mind.

A cult is one thing, a group with rocket launchers, machine guns, and deaths involving or relating to them? Yeah, 20 minutes.

That cult had 12,000 acres, doomsday bunkers, and got busted on weapons charges. Yeah, they probably didn't have RPGs, other than that...

This, for some rrason, reminds me of Postal 2. Only no Gary Colman and no fun. :(

Back