Far Cry 5 - loading benchmark screen - desktop crash-driver 411

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi. Have an question. Have Gtx 2080 Ti Windforce OC, all factory settings. Today after maybe my 15th time ( run ) during loading screen benchmark crashed to desktop without any warning. But i checked event logs and said:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully ...

411.70 driver version is.

It not exited during benchmark run but on loading screen. This makes me worry because it was display driver crash. Its my card unstable? Tried to reproduce but no luck.

Also card passes all 3dmarks stress tests and other games no problems.

My previous card was Aorus 1080 ti and this never happened even on loading screen.

PC
8700K 4.7
16GB DDR4 GSKILL
Corsair 750rmi
Asus Z370 ProGaming

Probably the 411 driver, I’ve had some far cry 5 issues with the 400 series drivers on my 1080Ti. Maybe try out the 416.xx driver.

I have two 2080 Tis in NVLink. I was getting frequent crashes in Far Cry 5 and even blue screens maybe 5 - 10 minutes into playing.

So I removed 1 card, still got crashing, and then switched the cards and things have been stable with only the second card.

For me, I think one of the cards is bad and I will be replacing it. Oddly, I was still able to run 3dmark, Catzilla, Furmark, Heaven, etc. and they would pass.

Could be an Nvidia driver issue too, that wouldn't surprise me.

Back