Far Cry 4 writer calls gamers terrorists

Well the GamersGate crowd did their best to portray themselves as terrorists by threatening to massacre young women and men at a college. So I can agree with him wholeheartedly. And I don't condone UBISOFT at all.

I have serious issues with several people that call themselves part of GamersGate but this is really a bad idea. Does Ubisoft train their employees how to be shit at PR because it's turning into an art form now.

It should be noted that GamersGate and GamerGate are two very different things. The former being an upstanding seller of digital download games, the later being the thing you're referring to.

I don't really see the issue here...These idiots threatened to kill a couple of women. Even though said women had some pretty extreme views, you don't go around threatening to kill people in this day and age, and if you do you are considered a terrorist.

Title is extremely misleading but to be expected from OP.

It should be noted that GamersGate and GamerGate are two very different things. The former being an upstanding seller of digital download games, the later being the thing you're referring to.

It's fairly easy to get that mixed up. Doesn't help that I think "GamerGate" is a bloody stupid name so I have little interest in caring if I get it wrong and annoy the people involved.

I have serious issues with several people that call themselves part of GamersGate but this is really a bad idea. Does Ubisoft train their employees how to be shit at PR because it's turning into an art form now.

Yes, this is definitely not the first time someone at Ubisoft has labelled entire cross-sections of the gaming community derogatory terms. If the company has so much contempt for its customer base it really should just fuck off and make something else for a different audience.

Well the GamersGate crowd did their best to portray themselves as terrorists by threatening to massacre young women and men at a college. So I can agree with him wholeheartedly. And I don't condone UBISOFT at all.

I don't think that person even mentioned gamergate or associated themselves with it in the first place in that specific threat.

I'm sure Ubisoft will be real thrilled about his tweet, after the bad PR week they had with Unity.

Incidentally, the people bitching about the attempts at 'social justice' in Far Cry 4 aren't the Gamergaters:

10714190_1501247213468573_8085155563211030579_o.jpg

I... I don't even know where to begin... this post... so full of stupid.

And then people wonder why SJW are despised and mocked.

I... I don't even know where to begin... this post... so full of stupid.

And then people wonder why SJW are despised and mocked.

Well I consider contacting a college and threatening to kill the students, faculty, and the speaker, with guns and set bombs a terrorist act. Maybe in the country that you live it's perfectly fine. Maybe you think that threatening to rape women is totally cool. Maybe you think it's fine to SWAT people's homes. Maybe it's fine to post women's addresses and threaten to rape them on the internet if they don't agree with you.

Maybe you're a genius. Maybe I'm as stupid as you say. So Mr. Raudulfr. Could you define terrorism for us? Give us some ideas what terrorism is. Obviously threatening to kill people isn't in your mind a terrorist act. Nor threatening to bomb a college campus. Rape is totally in like white pants in the summer.

Is it only terrorist if you actually kill someone? What is terrorism to a true GamerGate enthusiast? Obviously you're a fine example of one. Explain. I'm all ears.

Well I consider contacting a college and threatening to kill the students, faculty, and the speaker, with guns and set bombs a terrorist act. Maybe in the country that you live it's perfectly fine. Maybe you think that threatening to rape women is totally cool. Maybe you think it's fine to SWAT people's homes. Maybe it's fine to post women's addresses and threaten to rape them on the internet if they don't agree with you.

Maybe you're a genius. Maybe I'm as stupid as you say. So Mr. Raudulfr. Could you define terrorism for us? Give us some ideas what terrorism is. Obviously threatening to kill people isn't in your mind a terrorist act. Nor threatening to bomb a college campus. Rape is totally in like white pants in the summer.

Is it only terrorist if you actually kill someone? What is terrorism to a true GamerGate enthusiast? Obviously you're a fine example of one. Explain. I'm all ears.

So Totalbiscuit is a terrorist then, yes?

You're attributing the actions of one person to thousands of other people. So people like TB, myself and other people on this forum are all terrorists?

If you participated in calling in bomb threats, threatening to rape women, or the myriad of things that were done by multiple people; and obviously illegal in nature. Then yes, I'd consider you to be a terrorist. 100%.

Did he threaten to kill people? To rape people? Explain.

Your original post says the gamers gate crowd did all of the above. So in one post you labeled the entire movement and anyone who agrees with them as terroritsts.

Either react your original statement or stand by the words you said. Don't play semantics in an attempt to stir the pot cagey.

That's a pretty ignorant and bigoted thing to say, about equivalent to saying "all Asian people look the same".

I think that you're adding words to my statement. But the truth is that the company that you keep reflects upon you as a person. It's the truth. I don't think my statement was sensationalist or demeaning.

funny bc when i think of ubisoft, i think of chaos. Release a completed game first assholes.

You're labeled by the company that you keep. Enough said.

Then you are a terrorist because you keep company with people who send threatening packages, attempts to SWAT people, and those who threaten to kill others. Because of the company YOU keep which has done those things to pro-gamergate people. Still liking that standard you're applying?

I think that you're adding words to my statement. But the truth is that the company that you keep reflects upon you as a person. It's the truth. I don't think my statement was sensationalist or demeaning.

Gamergaters are not a proper organisation or homogeneous in any way, so nobody is actually "keeping" company of bad actors...but it looks like you've made up your mind regardless of facts.

The problem with taking a side on this particular issue is that you have untrustworthy people on each side and making honest comments like this just means you believe everything you read on the internet. Have they actually verified who made the threats? Do people realize what some people will go through to justify their cause or to troll people that they really have no concern with? This is one big troll fest. This tweet is probably just flame bait to get people talking about FC4.

Then you are a terrorist because you keep company with people who send threatening packages, attempts to SWAT people, and those who threaten to kill others. Because of the company YOU keep which has done those things to pro-gamergate people. Still liking that standard you're applying?

Very proud of it.

I think he's more speaking to the bullshit PC meltdown over the launch cover

I watched the alternate ending last night and I think it's kind of shitty how there was this massive PC backlash online about how racist the FarCry4 cover and trailers were and how Ubisoft should be put to the stake and yet all of that was exactly what most of us reasonably figured there was no fucking anything the cover was taken insanely out of context.

Who cares what the writer of FC4 says or thinks? I'm still not buying another shitty rehashed Ubisoft title...

As to all the pro or anti gamersgate bullshit... If you lean on the side of the social justice warriors and think that all things should be run through a victim-filter before it can be considered okay, just wait until the things you enjoy are added to the filter and you are stuck playing Pong because it's deemed the only acceptable game. These supposed victims in this will never stop, and the sooner you grow the fuck up and realize that the whole SJW crowd only wants everyone to be as miserable as they are you'll realize it's not good for you, your family or your friends. If these self-hating bitches had their way, everyone would hate themselves and everyone else for everything and we would all sit at home all day on depression medication working through our next self-loathing book on how we are victims of anything and everything and life's just not fair! Boo-fucking-hoo!

I don't really see the issue here...These idiots threatened to kill a couple of women. Even though said women had some pretty extreme views, you don't go around threatening to kill people in this day and age, and if you do you are considered a terrorist.

Title is extremely misleading but to be expected from OP.

People threaten to kill people all day every day on the internet. I've had numerous people threaten to kill me in multiple games.

If anything, this is equal rights. TotalBiscuit, AngryJoe, PewdiePie, Jim Sterling -- pretty much any reasonably well known internet personality has undoubtedly received death threats. These women got into the spotlight, and got the same equal opportunity treatment as the rest of the community would.

Last edited:

It started because some chick supposedly left her boyfriend for someone else. The jilted lover spilled his guts in a blog. Then everyone manipulated the story to fit their idyllic version of what they want out of life. Along the journey threats were made which branded one side as terrorists. Just so happens that the most asinine company uttered the magical words; but that's what everyday people were thinking of GamerGate coverage as portrayed in the media.

Simple cause and effect. You get out of life what you put into life.

So you're proud of being associated with people who harass, doxx and death-threaten people on the Internet? People who advocate for a gamer-holocaust? And you think Gamergaters are the terrorists? Holy fuck.

I'm everything that you wish me to be. :)

Back