Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

Some of the more memorable moments from the game are said in passing by the various villagers.
When they see Honey Badgers they'll randomly say some things from the Randall video.

After a firefight they once said "Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast!"

Some of the stuff on the radio is funny, too.

just an update. i've literally ran within a mile looking for this god damn animal. bodies of water, hills, everywhere.

i can't do anything with 250k. this is so frustrating. to the point where i just want to use console commands to get the skin so i can actually move on.

If you can't find them then go on YouTube to see where they are.

just an update. i've literally ran within a mile looking for this god damn animal. bodies of water, hills, everywhere.

i can't do anything with 250k. this is so frustrating. to the point where i just want to use console commands to get the skin so i can actually move on.

What animal are you hunting for?

I swear this game is fun but has some pretty annoying "bugs".

I need one animal(deer like animal) skin so I can get a wallet that holds more than 250k. I've went to the only area on the map where it shows to be. I haven't found ANYTHING. I've looked on foot and from the air multiple times now.

Fuck it's annoying.

Some animals only come out at certain time of day (night, etc).

YouTube it, there's tons of help videos. That's how I found the Demon Fish early on.

I've played for 21 hours, albeit I started playing after the latest patch (1.6?) and I've not had a problem. I did have to scale back some settings to maintain 60FPS on a GTX 780, but other than that I'm not getting horrible stutter and the game has been solid. This on an OC'd i7-950 and a GTX 780 HOF with a bit of an additional OC on it.

If the game is unstable with your OC, try pulling it back some; FC3 was the same way. I use my "FC3" OC on FC4 and I've not had a problem.

Visually, FC4 is definitely an improvement, if you can turn it up. FC3 looked good, but FC4 does have some noticeable visual improvements.

I've played for 21 hours, albeit I started playing after the latest patch (1.6?) and I've not had a problem. I did have to scale back some settings to maintain 60FPS on a GTX 780, but other than that I'm not getting horrible stutter and the game has been solid. This on an OC'd i7-950 and a GTX 780 HOF with a bit of an additional OC on it.

If the game is unstable with your OC, try pulling it back some; FC3 was the same way. I use my "FC3" OC on FC4 and I've not had a problem.

Visually, FC4 is definitely an improvement, if you can turn it up. FC3 looked good, but FC4 does have some noticeable visual improvements.

Had same problem with FC3. Game was so stressing the GPU, that I had to get down the clocks to stock version, or it would crash. Even the factory dialed clocks on my MSI 670 PE would crash the game :)

It's not the sambar though.. Just wiki'd it, it's the Bharal I'm looking for. I kept killing several of those thinking that was the animal I needed to get the upgraded wallet.

It's not the sambar though.. Just wiki'd it, it's the Bharal I'm looking for. I kept killing several of those thinking that was the animal I needed to get the upgraded wallet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jit6Si61Ms4
for the correct animal. this is the exact location I found all of the skins I needed. They are all over the place. They look very close to the deer roaming around.

Think I found the problem of random stutters with my rig. I have everything set to Ultra except, god rays "enhanced", HBAO+, and SSMA running at 1080p. I noticed in PrecisionX that the game uses all 3gb of ram I have on the 780.

Think I found the problem of random stutters with my rig. I have everything set to Ultra except, god rays "enhanced", HBAO+, and SSMA running at 1080p. I noticed in PrecisionX that the game uses all 3gb of ram I have on the 780.
This is why I moved to 970 SLi.

I'm progressing through the story, just took over the 3rd fortress when you are supposed to after its weakened via story mission.

And, just unlocked the fancy rocket launcher +cluster upgrade from Longinus, so im thinking about going after the 4th fortress early even though its "very hard".

Is there any downside to going after the fortress "early"?

ps. Buggy semi-auto sniper rifle always reseating the magazine when you switch back to it is annoying not sure if it'll make me switch back to another sniper rifle though.

if you have a silenced weapon that can one hit kill enemies then you can kill them at will then hide. they will not set of alarms. that includes exploding barrels or freeing animals

I use the bow most of the time. It's silent, usually an instakill, and you re-collect arrows so you don't really have to worry about ammo either. The only time it's lousy is if you happen to get caught in a firefight.

I'm finding the LMG to be *way* overpowered.

It's not a stealth weapon, but it's accurate over an enormous range, making it a better sniper rifle than the sniper rifles, can push out a lot of bullets extremely quickly if you're against a tough animal, and of course, has an enormous magazine. If you don't want to do stealth, it's a one-weapon "do everything" arsenal.

That, along with a bow, would probably be ideal for everything.

That being said, I still like the shotgun a lot. It's especially good against random animal attacks.

Then throw in a grenade launcher for the lulz.

It's not a stealth weapon, but it's accurate over an enormous range, making it a better sniper rifle than the sniper rifles, can push out a lot of bullets extremely quickly if you're against a tough animal, and of course, has an enormous magazine. If you don't want to do stealth, it's a one-weapon "do everything" arsenal.

yeah, i sometimes tote around the buzzsaw special LMG and its way overpowered. like 3 bullets to take out a heavy, vehicles explode super fast, rhino's are down effortlessly, etc.

with the grenade launcher sidearm, im not sure of the point of the regular grenade launcher, or toting around an actual sidearm.

End-game I usually rolled with the AS50 (or whatever it is, the bullpup .50 cal) silenced (one-shot headshots on anything), the signature silenced Vector thing, the Autocross, and an LMG of some sort.

One odd thing about this game is that the weapon stats seem really off at times. Like for some reason certain SMGs will claim to do the same or more damage than an AR, accuracy on an LMG will be better than an AR, or random shit like that. The weapon stats didn't seem to be balanced or even make logical sense.

That, along with a bow, would probably be ideal for everything.

That being said, I still like the shotgun a lot. It's especially good against random animal attacks.

This is pretty much true for most FPS games on the market. Look at the LMG class in BF4. They are way OP and add a silencer to the MG4/AWS and it lowers their recoil and gives them more damage. LMGs have always been the weapon of choice for bad players.

When will Crossfire work for this game? Had it sitting idly uninstalled since it came out. I really want to play it, but not bad enough to only use 1 GPU.

When will Crossfire work for this game? Had it sitting idly uninstalled since it came out. I really want to play it, but not bad enough to only use 1 GPU.

My understanding is that, so long as you have the AMD Omega drivers or newer, crossfirex should work. I think it even worked on one of the older betas that had a lot of FarCry 4 performance boosts. However I've only used a single GPU with it, so your experience may vary.

I'm still plugging away with the bow and one of the signature shotguns for random animals. As long as someone doesn't directly see you, you can snipe away with the bow all day.
Much like in FC3, I'm just whittling away at the towers and random bases on the map. The mini helicopter is a definite plus for that. You can land on the top of many of the towers. Sometimes it'll glitch, but as long as the roof isn't too small, that saves quite a bit of tedium.

Just checked and it's patch 1.07. No release notes yet.

They really gave up posting details/updates on their "Live Updates" pages, and now it's just rando information on the Ubisoft forums. I think there was an announcement about the DLC and maybe that's related to this new patch.

Too funny that there's a .700 Nitro express rifle on the game. Other than the lack of recoil and deafening roar, it's pretty legit. You can kill pretty much anything in 1 shot from it...just like in real life.
While it's only a double-rifle, I've made it my mission to use it whenever possible. I love that it sends enemies flying and it drops elephants in their tracks. Clearly not an overpowered or even a practical weapon, but it's a ton of fun.

Too funny that there's a .700 Nitro express rifle on the game. Other than the lack of recoil and deafening roar, it's pretty legit. You can kill pretty much anything in 1 shot from it...just like in real life.
While it's only a double-rifle, I've made it my mission to use it whenever possible. I love that it sends enemies flying and it drops elephants in their tracks. Clearly not an overpowered or even a practical weapon, but it's a ton of fun.

:mad: Not cool man, the elephants are good guys. The rhinos are the evil ones.

Meh, I've got karma to spare (level 6 and haven't even gotten to the northern area yet) and obviously shooting the elephants doesn't seem to give you much of a reward anyway. I'm just impressed that it works...and it even looks correct.

Earlier in the game I was super careful and would sneak around and clear all of the bases silently with a bow, but I've become somewhat impatient at this point. The grenade launcher, hand cannon, and 700 Nitro make quick work of just about anything, so lately I've been on a bloodbath spree. Being able to carry 50 grenades and not take much splash damage is almost unfair.

the harpoon gun is ridiculously overpowered also. sends enemies flying on impact. not very practical to use.

on a side note, i have the escape from durgesh prison now on my menu for my steam copy of FC4. Was missing until they patched something sunday.

Earlier in the game I was super careful and would sneak around and clear all of the bases silently with a bow, but I've become somewhat impatient at this point. The grenade launcher, hand cannon, and 700 Nitro make quick work of just about anything, so lately I've been on a bloodbath spree. Being able to carry 50 grenades and not take much splash damage is almost unfair.

Yeah, especially once you get your reload speed fully upgraded. Makes the reload time on the "big hitters" much less of an issue.

Have they fixed the issue yet where maximum gun range is shorter than draw distance? Annoying as hell to have a guy in your scope with a sniper rifle, but you can't hit him.

Have they fixed the issue yet where maximum gun range is shorter than draw distance? Annoying as hell to have a guy in your scope with a sniper rifle, but you can't hit him.

Nah, that might even be engine related. It's odd because you can nail people with arrows at insane distances (usually by ignoring your bow sight's readings) but most scoped rifles seem to have a cutoff of a few hundred yards even if you account for distance...or even if you don't. It's one more reason the bow is so overpowered if you're playing the game "honestly." It's an instant-kill on all but armored foes, it's silent, it has insane range, range doesn't affect damage, and it's accurate even from the hip.
Or you can just go apeshit with the grenade launcher and kill everything in sight without a care in the world. Alarms be damned - the incoming trucks are multi-kill bait!

Or you can just go apeshit with the grenade launcher and kill everything in sight without a care in the world. Alarms be damned - the incoming trucks are multi-kill bait!

Yeah, easier that way actually. You would think those guys would do some recon and be all like, "Aww shit, that guy's got a grenade launcher and is blowing up all of our trucks. Maybe we should get out of the trucks a block away and try like flanking him or something!"

Nah, that might even be engine related. It's odd because you can nail people with arrows at insane distances (usually by ignoring your bow sight's readings) but most scoped rifles seem to have a cutoff of a few hundred yards even if you account for distance...or even if you don't. It's one more reason the bow is so overpowered if you're playing the game "honestly." It's an instant-kill on all but armored foes, it's silent, it has insane range, range doesn't affect damage, and it's accurate even from the hip.

There are some weird nuances to the Dunia 2 engine for sure - you can fire an arrow straight up in the air (well, nearly straight) and if you don't apply any draw on the bow (i.e. click and release immedately) it will fall back to earth. If you pull back the full way on the bow and let it go as vertical as you can, it won't fall back to earth. The same weirdness happens with throwing knives (which have very little drop, meaning you're essentially throwing the knives faster than bullets?).

I've noticed that the scope for the bow with the range markings make no sense - it worked fine in FC3 but in 4 I just guesstimate.

Wow the signiture MG42 is insanely overpowered. You can literally use it to snipe, take out heavys in 1 second, blow up trucks, and shoot down helo's super quick...faster then pulling out a rocket. Dunno what they were thinking

Back