Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

you mean fc4. fc3 is the worst game in the series because of the story and characters alone. i would love to have a map like in fc2 in fc4. the minimap is so incredibly ugly that i had to turn it off.

Ha, I was going to say for every person who says there should be a minimap in FC2, there'll be someone who thinks minimaps are a plague on games. FC2 did first person immersion like no other FPS, and I while I don't actively dislike the minimap in 4, I also wish it did it more like 2. And I still play FC2 on occasion, but it's not a game for people who want to power through asap to demonstrate their FPS godliness or who only give a shit about MP. Those people typically don't like being told a game isn't for them, though, so instead they play it regardless and then claim it's shit.

FC4 is basically identical to 3 in all but location. Oh, and the helicopters and elephants, which are awesome. But even Shangri La is just a reskin of FC3's dream quests and general tripping nonsense. And I was disappointed that I couldn't shoot those two stoner fuckwits you encounter as soon as I met them; FC4 suffers from the exact same shitty character/story bullshit as 3. And significantly more bugs. The one where I jumped down from a low ledge, only to be wing-suited up into a cliff to my death was particularly impressive, especially as the fucking wingsuit doesn't seem to deploy when you actually want it to half the time.

Been encountering some pretty shitty glitches.

Early on, I walked into the safehouse in Banapur once to find it completely empty. That was neat. Went over to the shop and that was completely empty, too. But at least the shopkeeper lady was there so I could still unload my crap.

So does it drive anyone else nuts that Amita's forehead tattoo isn't centered on her forehead?

Early on, I walked into the safehouse in Banapur once to find it completely empty. That was neat. Went over to the shop and that was completely empty, too. But at least the shopkeeper lady was there so I could still unload my crap.

Every time I fast travel to Banapur, my safe house is empty - no furniture, no cabinet/store, just a bed and some floating candles. I'll try to get a video together when I get home but yeah, buggy.

So...does money have any real value in this game? I quickly filled up my (upgraded) wallet and just ended up buying a bunch of weapons and crap that I probably would have gotten for free anyway.

Any word on the big patch? I want this game, but not until I hear it's cleaned up a bit.

1.4 patch is supposedly coming this week.

Last edited:
So...does money have any real value in this game? I quickly filled up my (upgraded) wallet and just ended up buying a bunch of weapons and crap that I probably would have gotten for free anyway..

I'm only about 4 hours into the game and have found myself doing the same thing. I don't see money being any issue at all with the amount received from looting and missions.

Ha, I was going to say for every person who says there should be a minimap in FC2, there'll be someone who thinks minimaps are a plague on games. FC2 did first person immersion like no other FPS, and I while I don't actively dislike the minimap in 4, I also wish it did it more like 2. And I still play FC2 on occasion, but it's not a game for people who want to power through asap to demonstrate their FPS godliness or who only give a shit about MP. Those people typically don't like being told a game isn't for them, though, so instead they play it regardless and then claim it's shit.

FC4 is basically identical to 3 in all but location. Oh, and the helicopters and elephants, which are awesome. But even Shangri La is just a reskin of FC3's dream quests and general tripping nonsense. And I was disappointed that I couldn't shoot those two stoner fuckwits you encounter as soon as I met them; FC4 suffers from the exact same shitty character/story bullshit as 3. And significantly more bugs. The one where I jumped down from a low ledge, only to be wing-suited up into a cliff to my death was particularly impressive, especially as the fucking wingsuit doesn't seem to deploy when you actually want it to half the time.

i'm like 50% of my way through the game and the only retarded characters i've met are hurk and the two stoners, and they're INFINITELY more bearable than the main characters from 3. even if every character was good in fc3, the guy you play as still would've made me uninstall.

So...does money have any real value in this game? I quickly filled up my (upgraded) wallet and just ended up buying a bunch of weapons and crap that I probably would have gotten for free anyway.

Well, the signature weapons still need to be purchased once they're unlocked. And there's stuff like the wingsuit and token upgrades you can spend money on. And, of course, ammo refills.

I
A m hoping that thius game isn't all movie first 20 minutes I think I played 3 minutes the rest is all movie crap

But even Shangri La is just a reskin of FC3's dream quests and general tripping nonsense. And I was disappointed that I couldn't shoot those two stoner fuckwits you encounter as soon as I met them; FC4 suffers from the exact same shitty character/story bullshit as 3.

Haha, I had my money on them re-using the same story mold (just like they have a mold to use for everything else), even down to having a "tripping on shrooms" or something sequence as well.

1.4 patch is supposedly coming this week.

There will hopefully be a mod (like there was for FC3), which re-balanced the economy so that money felt worthwhile to acquire.

What i remember from off the top of my head:

-Larger Wallet Capacities across the board
-No more free weapons from unlocking towers
-Adjusted weapon costs, making them fall into tiers of goodness. This was surprisingly well-balanced with the Larger Wallet Capacities, so that higher tiers of weapons were unable to be purchased until you had a wallet large enough to carry the cash.

this game is totally fucking superlative massive awesomeness im having so much fun with it oh my gawd!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Not sure, but in the first 15 minutes I picked up a few grand worth of birth control and maxi pads.

I love how the description on the maxi pads is something like "Can be used to stop bleeding, or use a tourniquet", then the description on the tourniquet is "Can be used to stop bleeding, or use a maxi pad." :D

man it'd be great if this game could at least be consistent with its crashes. i played two or three hours straight yesterday with one crash, i try to play today and i crash at least five times in 20 minutes. so frustrating.

shit so far, no crashes and no bugs :p

Far_Cry4_2014_11_24_23_43_09_77.jpg

man it'd be great if this game could at least be consistent with its crashes. i played two or three hours straight yesterday with one crash, i try to play today and i crash at least five times in 20 minutes. so frustrating.

played for 5 hours this morning no crashes. sure your overclocks are stable? game has yet to crash for me.

To be honest I haven't double-checked the screenshots, but I'm fairly positive it was running day one. The poor little bastards I hunt are definitely looking mighty furry.

no the HairWorks tech was to be added later via a post-release patch...the game did come with a 'Fur' Advanced Graphics setting but that's just the standard Fur and not Nvidia's HairWorks fur/hair rendering technology

Patch 1.4.0 was released but it only seems to fix the black screen bugs...so the Nvidia HairWorks feature still hasn't been added?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/298110/announcements/detail/172589699914812516

I have been running the 1.4 torrent patch a day or so now and the Hairworks is def in the torrent version. I have the Uplay version of the game and it hasn't caused me any issues.

That said I haven't played a game, in recent memory, that has had this level of stutter/micro-stutter/jitter whatever the hell you want to call it. I can't believe for the life of me some tester?QA went through the game and had no feedback of the stutter that is running rampant in this game. Driving is unplayable. Panning your camera in certain situations is unplayable.

It just blows my mind that this is acceptable; that this is passable as a working product.

"I went french fries, you stayed potato. That's alright, though. You kinda rolled in the short bus."

HairWorks is not in the 1.4 patch.

As indicated above, there is a fur setting, this isn't HairWorks fur.

no the HairWorks tech was to be added later via a post-release patch...the game did come with a 'Fur' Advanced Graphics setting but that's just the standard Fur and not Nvidia's HairWorks fur/hair rendering technology

lol..gotcha. This makes me want to shake the devs and tell them to focus on shit like the negative mouse acceleration and stuttering instead of further enhance the fucking fur of the animals...

Umm...I'm playing through UPlay and my game never updated...still on 1.3.0.

Apparently the pulled the update. Consider yourself lucky. I had played for days with 1.3.0 with no real issues. I got the 1.4.0 update and now I get random crashes to the desktop with no error message or any acknowledgement that it even crashed.

I think I am going to stop playing until they get all this shit worked out. Pretty ridiculous. I am glad I got this for free with my 970 and did not pay for it.

Any update on SLi fix with the patch (i.e., no more blackness/darkness/shadow issues) with the game?

I'm kind of lost, I completed the 2nd Amita/Sabal balance of power mission, now I have no current objective, nor A or S on the map. Sabal complained on the radio because I did Amita's objective, now nothing. Did I miss something?

He makes a lot of good points. If that's a 6.5/10 I think that's way too harsh.

For myself a Far Cry game has always been something like he's described: I play it in bursts.

There is absolutely a ton of repetition and not a lot of depth to the proceedings. No question about that.

This is a game that can make even the most OCD prone types tap out.

To a discussion that was going earlier in this thread: I hated part 2. Loathed it.

To a discussion that was going earlier in this thread: I hated part 2. Loathed it.

The funny thing was I hated it for things like the malaria mechanic, voice acting, constantly respawning prescient bad guys, and technical issues. The actual core open world shooting mechanics though were fantastic! I think FC3 and FC4 have really refined away a lot of the road blocks that had me disinterested in FC2, though I agree the formula needs some rejuvenation.

Maybe the guys that rethought Asscreed to a degree with Black Flag (which resparked my interest) can take a look at FC :)

The funny thing was I hated it for things like the malaria mechanic, voice acting, constantly respawning prescient bad guys, and technical issues. The actual core open world shooting mechanics though were fantastic! I think FC3 and FC4 have really refined away a lot of the road blocks that had me disinterested in FC2, though I agree the formula needs some rejuvenation.

I agree. Broadly speaking I think the series has moved in a good direction although there are definitely some refinements and "fat trimming" I wouldn't mind seeing.

Maybe the guys that rethought Asscreed to a degree with Black Flag (which resparked my interest) can take a look at FC :)

Sounds good to me.

Can someone explain to me why it feels like I'm getting 20ish FPS when fraps is telling me I'm getting 45-60? I have a 2600k @ 4.8GHz, 16 gb ram and an Asus GTX 680 4GB. Latest nvidia drivers and the newest Windows 10 build.

IMO the only really interesting thing about Black Flag was the sailing / boarding...the on-land gameplay was a copy/paste of all of the other AC games. Admittedly it was a cool setting being in the tropical Caribbean, but gameplay-wise it was same-old same-old.

Can someone explain to me why it feels like I'm getting 20ish FPS when fraps is telling me I'm getting 45-60? I have a 2600k @ 4.8GHz, 16 gb ram and an Asus GTX 680 4GB. Latest nvidia drivers and the newest Windows 10 build.

Because the game stutters like mad and makes it seem like it's running like shit?

Back