Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

This game might be the first $50+ game I've bought in a while. Esp with the new coop it looks to have.

Is the COOP in FC4 real coop or is it the crap FC3 had?

It's real Co-op, you can do the entire single player map / campaign together.

I just dropped $200 for 2 gold editions for me and the girlfriend, it's been a long long time since I've paid more then $15 for a game.

It's real Co-op, you can do the entire single player map / campaign together.

I just dropped $200 for 2 gold editions for me and the girlfriend, it's been a long long time since I've paid more then $15 for a game.

No shit? Real, actual co-op? I was beginning to think this was a dead thing nowadays.

Pretty friggin' amazing isn't it? I have to give them credit for this here.

Sure is. Gotta give them mad props for adding a typically overlooked but highly desired feature like this. Hopefully Bethesda will follow-suit now =P

Fired this up briefly this morning, the game just like Blood Dragon will not run in full screen on my 980. It does however run in borderless if you pre-change the config file. Full suite of options including SMAA instead of FXAA which is lovely.

I wish they would unlock the game already. Nowadays any pirate who can read the comments to a torrent gets games way ahead of release. I worked hard to get my Newegg coupon for this game, let me play too, dammit.

I wish they would unlock the game already. Nowadays any pirate who can read the comments to a torrent gets games way ahead of release. I worked hard to get my Newegg coupon for this game, let me play too, dammit.

My cousins-uncle's-sister said that there are elephants in the Pirated copy of the game. You think we'll get some elephants in the full retail copy?

VPN to Australia, our game unlocked 8 hours ago :p

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/far-cry-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

New nvidia drivers tomorrow.

" For the best Far Cry 4 experience we recommend updating to the new Far Cry 4 GeForce Game Ready Drivers, which will be released at approximately 16.00 UTC on Tuesday, November 18th. Included are the latest performance optimizations and tweaks for Far Cry 4, and a SLI profile that scales at over 90% on the system used in this guide. Download from GeForce.com or via GeForce Experience once the drivers are released."

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/far-cry-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

" For the best Far Cry 4 experience we recommend updating to the new Far Cry 4 GeForce Game Ready Drivers, which will be released at approximately 16.00 UTC on Tuesday, November 18th. Included are the latest performance optimizations and tweaks for Far Cry 4, and a SLI profile that scales at over 90% on the system used in this guide. Download from GeForce.com or via GeForce Experience once the drivers are released."

Bet that doesn't stop the game from crashing when running in full screen :p

I suspect there may be some kind of overlay problem, what with both steam and uplay running over the top.

^ try closing afterburner or fraps and any other overlays you have running.

Not running the Afterburner overlay, it is active in the background however. Will see what happens when I get home.

So apparently the European keys are unlocked already? At least, mine is without any VPN here in the US....

Bet that doesn't stop the game from crashing when running in full screen :p

I suspect there may be some kind of overlay problem, what with both steam and uplay running over the top.

If you are using a Nvidia graphics card, reinstall your driver using the 'clean install' flag under 'custom' install option.

That seems to help with all the games that have been giving me that issue. Also, run as administrator and ensure all other background applications are closed, at least until you identifiy the problem child.

G'luck

If anyone plan to play on an ultrawide 21:9 monitor. I'm happy to report that it doesn't work correctly :(
The game clearly was made for 16:9 then proceed to stretch the image(horizontal FOV is bonked). Despite that surround/eyefinity works fine.
Also I'm on patch 1.3.0
Example:
Menu

You can tell the HUD is in a 16:9 position. You could crop the image to 2560x1440 and you'll see everything seems fine except for the horizontal FOV

This what it shoulda been imo

Still waiting for the game to unlock. The damn pirates have already been playing for 3-4 days.

A couple of Twitch streamers seem to be having foliage flickering issue on PC.

This game crashes to desktop every time I open one of the doors downstairs at the beginning of the game.. so frustrating I just paid $60 for this.

Horribly dissapointed .... Co-op can't be done at all for the campaign, and it won't even let you start it until you finish a large number of the campaign missions (up to 7/31 now and still not unlocked).

Horribly dissapointed .... Co-op can't be done at all for the campaign, and it won't even let you start it until you finish a large number of the campaign missions (up to 7/31 now and still not unlocked).

Co-op has its own missions, and they're pretty damn fun so far.

If anyone plan to play on an ultrawide 21:9 monitor. I'm happy to report that it doesn't work correctly :(
The game clearly was made for 16:9 then proceed to stretch the image(horizontal FOV is bonked). Despite that surround/eyefinity works fine.
Also I'm on patch 1.3.0
Example:
Menu

You can tell the HUD is in a 16:9 position. You could crop the image to 2560x1440 and you'll see everything seems fine except for the horizontal FOV

Looks OK on my Ultrawide 21:9. There is an adjustment for FOV in the menu.

Also I'm on patch 1.3.0
Example:
Menu

Looks OK on my Ultrawide 21:9 except for the HUD. There is an adjustment for FOV in the menu.

FarCry42014-11-1805-03-18-36.png

FarCry42014-11-1805-03-12-09.png

FarCry42014-11-1805-03-02-20.png

FarCry42014-11-1805-05-36-17.png

I'm surprised they didn't release the new drivers on Monday like they did with AC: Unity and a lot of other games...releasing Game Ready drivers the day before release seems like the better move but can't complain since this is the 3rd week in a row with new WHQL Nvidia drivers

again with Ubisoft/Nvidia holding back graphics features??...Nvidia HairWorks and other image quality enhancements will only be added in later via post-release updates...same with AC: Unity...don't they realize most people will be playing it on launch day and not 2-3 weeks later

again with Ubisoft/Nvidia holding back graphics features??...Nvidia HairWorks and other image quality enhancements will only be added in later via post-release updates...same with AC: Unity...don't they realize most people will be playing it on launch day and not 2-3 weeks later

These days game publishers would rather push the game out faster, rather than giving it the time it needs to actually be finished. They think a 'push it out now' and 'patch in promised features later' schedule = more money in their pockets.

These days game publishers would rather push the game out faster, rather than giving it the time it needs to actually be finished. They think a 'push it out now' and 'patch in promised features later' schedule = more money in their pockets.

yup...I just bought a new GTX 970 and want to play FC4 and AC: Unity but I'm not touching them until all the advanced graphics features are patched in...I'm still waiting for the Unity tessellation patch and won't touch FC4 until the HairWorks patch is released

Same here, waiting for this fiasco to pass.
Not touching either game until.

A couple of Twitch streamers seem to be having foliage flickering issue on PC.

I have had these issues on my 770. Runs great maxed settings otherwise. Kills the visuals though with the trees going pseudo-2D then flickering and changing orientation.

It seems that they save resources by having the tree render branches outward towards the user only, but the game isn't recognizing the viewpoint of the user correctly and you end up seeing the side that isn't being rendered completely.

8:00AM EST here. Game still hasn't unlocked on Uplay. Whatever.

You did not receive an email with the code? Mine was received at about 12:15. You have to click redeem code to unlock the game using the code.

You did not receive an email with the code? Mine was received at about 12:15. You have to click redeem code to unlock the game using the code.

Yeah, it wasn't working for some reason. All good now. Elephants, pretty cool.

Apparently I am suffering from the USB device black screen at startup.

If you have joysticks installed (my case Warthog, pedals, xbox controller) Far Cry 4 hangs on startup with a black screen. Other forums, (reddit/Ubi etc) had stated that unplugging the sticks and in same cases uninstalling seems to work. This is apparently effecting G13 and a few mouse brands as well.

It looks like the game is getting confused with multiple control devices, and not writing the user settings file (Gamerprofile.xml). Mine has the folder (X:\My Games\Far Cry4\random string of numbers and letters) but no file inside, I tried deleting the folder and it gets re-written with each time I restart.

Oh well back to DA:I for the time being.

Apparently I am suffering from the USB device black screen at startup.

If you have joysticks installed (my case Warthog, pedals, xbox controller) Far Cry 4 hangs on startup with a black screen. Other forums, (reddit/Ubi etc) had stated that unplugging the sticks and in same cases uninstalling seems to work. This is apparently effecting G13 and a few mouse brands as well.

It looks like the game is getting confused with multiple control devices, and not writing the user settings file (Gamerprofile.xml). Mine has the folder (X:\My Games\Far Cry4\random string of numbers and letters) but no file inside, I tried deleting the folder and it gets re-written with each time I restart.

Oh well back to DA:I for the time being.

I guess I am effected by this too, i would get the far cry 4 logo, then a windowed black screen. When i clicked my mouse it would go to not responding. I have 2 keyboards (gamepad) and a mouse along with a USB external HD. I hope i dont need to keep these unplugged for good, this is a dumb thing, that shouldnt be an issue on launch day.

I guess I am effected by this too, i would get the far cry 4 logo, then a windowed black screen. When i clicked my mouse it would go to not responding. I have 2 keyboards (gamepad) and a mouse along with a USB external HD. I hope i dont need to keep these unplugged for good, this is a dumb thing, that shouldnt be an issue on launch day.

Apparently some people are having to not only unplug the USB device (to include keyboards/mice) and uninstall the driver prior to the game launching.

Back