Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

Has anyone found a way to reduce/eliminate the head bob? I've never had a major problem with it in games before, but it's a bit over the top in FC4 and has made me a bit dizzy a few times.

I had to quit mid way on a radio tower. I don't know if I'm not getting enough fps or what but this game makes my stomach churn.

Maybe I need a prescription for a 980 lol.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replay missions. I was playing a hostage rescue and was detected at the last second and it auto saved right after so I couldn't restart the mission.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replay missions. I was playing a hostage rescue and was detected at the last second and it auto saved right after so I couldn't restart the mission.

There are hostage rescue events that randomly spawn. Not sure if you meant that or the first story mission you get.

When you take an outpost there is a place to redo the outpost as well.

Oh? They built-in outpost resetting? I recall installing a mod which did this for FC3

Yeah in FC3 initially it was a mod but then later the developer patched the ability in natively due to popularity.

Wonder what mods people will dream up for FC4..

That's good to know. They are easy to take by force, but more fun by stealth.
The main reason is that after i finished the mission i spotted a bee hive that I wanted to use.
I didn't see anyone else describe this feature. What exactly am I looking for and do you get experience from repeated attempts?

So I'm guessing the patch isn't coming out today? Pity. I want to see that fur.

No way around the stuttering and black shadows with SLI. Another half-cooked product rushed out the door. Some poor bastards are working late this weekend trying to polish this turd.

Edit: and why are developers still shipping PC games with mouse acceleration?

No way around the stuttering and black shadows with SLI. Another half-cooked product rushed out the door. Some poor bastards are working late this weekend trying to polish this turd.

LOL. I'm playing it at max setting with my setup. Awesome game. Must suck though since you can't run it. :rolleyes:

It runs. 85+ FPS with (2) 780's, latest patch, latest drivers, Windows 7, 1440p Asus Swift 144 Hz G-sync, ultra settings, enhanced rays, HBAO+, no AA, soft shadows but I'm still getting stuttering without framerate drop and super black shadows with SLI enabled. When it turns night, the game is unplayable. I'm not the only one. What are your settings, resolution, framerate?

Or not putting a toggle for it in the options, for that matter. That said, I dont' know any pc user that actually wants mouse acceleration. It's probably just a leftover from building the game for thumbsticks.

Or not putting a toggle for it in the options, for that matter. That said, I dont' know any pc user that actually wants mouse acceleration. It's probably just a leftover from building the game for thumbsticks.

Even with the toggle off in FC4, there is acceleration. To completely nuder it, there are 4 settings in the xml file that can be disabled.

I thought they delayed patch 1.4 till next week?...can anyone confirm that it's been released?

Yeah it looks like it was delayed. However that is the list of things the patch will address unless it is changed from here to release.

Even with the toggle off in FC4, there is acceleration. To completely nuder it, there are 4 settings in the xml file that can be disabled.

Why wouldn't they tie all those settings to the toggle in the options menu? Seems silly

I get some REALLY bad stutter in certain areas looking in certain directions...not sure why, doesn't seem to be a huge amount of rendering in the particular direction that causes it. Hopefully they continue to iron out these issues with more patches.

I get some REALLY bad stutter in certain areas looking in certain directions...not sure why, doesn't seem to be a huge amount of rendering in the particular direction that causes it. Hopefully they continue to iron out these issues with more patches.

Could be memory loading issues, flushing VRAM or system RAM, rendering new information into VRAM or system RAM. Perhaps a bit too much console memory coding there, and not enough coding for how PC memory works.

Any reports after 1.4 patch?

Sigh the pirates already have patch 1.4 with Hairworks. It was leaked on accident.
I am going to download the crack and see how it performs. Hopefully Uplay wont see the crack and ban me, lol.

will install the game once the HairWorks patch is released...am in no rush to play a game with missing graphical features...I'm glad there are a lot AAA games being bundled with Nvidia/AMD cards these days as I don't think I could deal with paying full price for these ridiculously buggy games on launch day (FC4 was actually one of the better launches too)

Well got the 1.4 update and the game still has pretty bad stutter/micro stutter while panning the camera, even with frame limiting and Vsync. Hell even AC Unity doesn't have stutter this bad. Guess I will go back to shelving this one again for a while maybe they will fix the micro-stutter and just overall lack of smoothness on the Dunia engine one day.

This really is one of the most impressive looking games I've seen. I've had a number of instances of where I've simply stopped what I was doing to take it all in. It's truly incredible.

Thankfully it's a fun game to play, too. :)

The environment is beautiful, I love checking out the mountain views from high up and taking screen shots. I'm not a big fan of FPS games but I love how this is open world like Skyrim. I've been stuck in the house for the past week due to the snow storm here in Buffalo, NY so I've put in about 30+ hours lol.

Yeah, no complaints about the graphics at all. There is a fair bit of pop-in, but I think FC3 had that too. Other than that, my only complaints are the stutter and the sometimes-wonky checkpoint system.

Sigh the pirates already have patch 1.4 with Hairworks. It was leaked on accident.
I am going to download the crack and see how it performs. Hopefully Uplay wont see the crack and ban me, lol.

Actually they don't. Someone grabbing a tentative 1.4 before it was quickly pulled when Ubi realized it needed more work =/= real 1.4

Real 1.4 will be out this week.

I thought the original Far Cry had some amazing draw distances...I still remember walking down that first mountain path and see those areas in the far distance...later on discovering that I could explore those same areas...Far Cry 1 remains a masterpiece

here's 2 recent articles from RPS and IGN which make some interesting claims about Far Cry 2 being the best game in the series...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/20/why-far-cry-2-is-the-best-in-the-series/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/20/why-far-cry-2-is-still-the-series-best-game

I thought the original Far Cry had some amazing draw distances...I still remember walking down that first mountain path and see those areas in the far distance...later on discovering that I could explore those same areas...Far Cry 1 remains a masterpiece

here's 2 recent articles from RPS and IGN which make some interesting claims about Far Cry 2 being the best game in the series...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/20/why-far-cry-2-is-the-best-in-the-series/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/20/why-far-cry-2-is-still-the-series-best-game

Agree with a lot of those comments. I, like many, hated Far Cry 2 for the longest time because it wasn't like the amazing FC1. There were no beautiful islands, it was harder to get into, the respawning checkpoints were ridiculous, it was a pain to get around the map, I hated that the weapons degraded, and I loathed that malaria mechanic.

I must have tried 3 or 4 different times to get into it, going months or years in between attempts. One day it actually stuck, and I ended up finishing it. Once I got past its flaws (i.e. accepted that it wasn't Far Cry 1), I grew to really like the game. It's so different from the other entries in the series, but it's a hell of a ride and does a lot of things extremely well. It has a raw grittiness and serious feel that the others lack. It's not perfect, but looking back, neither were FC1 or FC3.

I didn't read the articles but what made FC2 not as good as it could have been was: 1) no mini-map ( I am sorry I don't want to pull up The Goonies Treause map every time I need to get directions), 2) outposts always getting refilled with assholes, 3) Malaria was a terrible micro-mechanic, 4)The game world was void of anything but respawning outposts, 5) The game world was void of anything but respawning outposts, 6)The game world was void of anything but respawning outposts

We need more of FC3 and less of FC2, period.

mouse fix

http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/

can confirm it works. praise jesus i can actually aim now.

I didn't read the articles but what made FC2 not as good as it could have been was: 1) no mini-map ( I am sorry I don't want to pull up The Goonies Treause map every time I need to get directions), 2) outposts always getting refilled with assholes, 3) Malaria was a terrible micro-mechanic, 4)The game world was void of anything but respawning outposts, 5) The game world was void of anything but respawning outposts, 6)The game world was void of anything but respawning outposts

you mean fc4. fc3 is the worst game in the series because of the story and characters alone. i would love to have a map like in fc2 in fc4. the minimap is so incredibly ugly that i had to turn it off.

for any that are tired of the long intro you can add -skipintro to the exe or in steam

mouse fix

http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/

you mean fc4. fc3 is the worst game in the series because of the story and characters alone. i would love to have a map like in fc2 in fc4. the minimap is so incredibly ugly that i had to turn it off.

I don't really follow stories in games. I typically play MP games so that may be why. I cant tell you the storyline of a SP game i have played in the last 10 years.

Video games and stories just do nothing for me. Now Breaking Bad or Sopranos the Video Game might be a different story.

I think the RPS comments shed some light on why FC2 is under-appreciated. There is no mini-map or handholding. And though I enjoyed FC3, it really is rather formulaic and falls into the generic Ubisoft mold "Arrow points to your next objective while you embark on useless collection side quests along the way."

FC3 was fun, but FC2 isn't undeserving of praise. Some people just didn't give it enough of a chance. The comments below that first article do a good job of discussing the merits of the game.

I think the RPS comments shed some light on why FC2 is under-appreciated. There is no mini-map or handholding. And though I enjoyed FC3, it really is rather formulaic and falls into the generic Ubisoft mold "Arrow points to your next objective while you embark on useless collection side quests along the way."

FC3 was fun, but FC2 isn't undeserving of praise. Some people just didn't give it enough of a chance. The comments below that first article do a good job of discussing the merits of the game.

You may be right, to a degree, but I can't imagine anyone playing FC3 then going back to FC2 and not finding it absolutely terrible.

There is no point playing FC2 for any reason. It is the head-wound Harry of the the Far Cry series.

mouse fix

Just wanted to report that this mouse fix works perfectly. Thanks for posting it here. Game is about 100x better now, lol.

Been encountering some pretty shitty glitches. One time after an Outpost Master mission, the screen was just grey and black, like I was stuck inside the terrain. Had to save/quit to get out. Another time, I was in the middle of attacking a convoy, and they shot up my vehicle or something so it stopped (wasn't on fire, though). I was unable to aim my weapon (the camera glitched out and the gun just sort of rotated around my FOV) and I was unable to exit the vehicle or do anything. Again, had to save/quit.

Hopefully they fix some of this crap. With the checkpoint system in the game you can end up losing a lot of progress with bullshit like this.

Been encountering some pretty shitty glitches. One time after an Outpost Master mission, the screen was just grey and black, like I was stuck inside the terrain. Had to save/quit to get out. Another time, I was in the middle of attacking a convoy, and they shot up my vehicle or something so it stopped (wasn't on fire, though). I was unable to aim my weapon (the camera glitched out and the gun just sort of rotated around my FOV) and I was unable to exit the vehicle or do anything. Again, had to save/quit.

Hopefully they fix some of this crap. With the checkpoint system in the game you can end up losing a lot of progress with bullshit like this.

Yeah, the checkpoint system is kinda wonky. I've died and respawned down the side of a moment, it was a bitch to climb back up to get back to where I was.

I also noticed some bushes rubberband you backwards.

the more i play it, the more im impressed with the scenery and realism.
especially if you just pull out the camer and zoom in and look around, it just blossoms with goodness all around you.

cant wait for the next patch to see hairworks.

the stuttering is getting worse and is getting on my nerves now. kinda ruins the presence.
[email protected], msi 980 4g, 8gb ram, nv 344.75, win8.1, ultra settings+god rays+smaa+hbao

because the save system is still kinda weird, if i feel like im about to die i just restart mission or pause and fast track to a safe house lol, and manually save often when i can.

Been encountering some pretty shitty glitches. One time after an Outpost Master mission, the screen was just grey and black, like I was stuck inside the terrain. Had to save/quit to get out.

This has happened both times I did the mission. At least the progress is saved, which is good.

Back