Far Cry 4 PC Patch 1.6.0 Introduces Major Save Glitch

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that the latest patch for the PC version of Far Cry 4 introduces a major save glitch. Shacknews has the complete rundown, including word from the developer on a fix.

Users on both the Far Cry 4 forums and our own Chatty community have observed that the crash occurs when your character is at Karma level 8. Upon reaching this level, autosave will not function and attempting to save manually will lead to a freeze.

Yup... those of you who keep on harping that the "mentality" of waiting to buy PC games is harming the market, keep on thinking that.

Good thing I didn't buy Far Cry or Unity
I have been burned too many times, and I feel like the gaming audience needs to follow suit before developers notice a trend, and draw it back to the actual reason (not piracy)

Wow a patch that breaks something instead of fixing stuff. Sounds like Ubisoft to me.

These clowns just can't seem to do anything right recently. Their first patch improved the game for me, next one broke it again, latest one finally seemed to fix everything (including most SLI issues), and now they break something again...

Glad I've never payed full price for any of their games.

Solution: mow down a bunch of civilians in-game and lower your karma level. Is the loss of morality worth the ability to save? That's for you to decide.

Has anyone notices that finding the treasures ( mask / spinning bells ), that they appeared to not save unless you do a mission then it saves them. IS this fixed? Even backing into the menu and hitting save & exit doesn't work. annoying!

the game is also still plague with black flicker.

what a joke it is.

the game is also still plague with black flicker.

what a joke it is.

I haven't noticed it as much as the some objects tend to be invisible and then "pixelate itself whole" typically the void spaces are black and then pixels populate building the object. Not really annoying just weird, and very random.

Back