Far Cry 4, Escape from Monkey Island (Prime Gaming June 1st)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Amazon has confirmed the next wave of ‘free’ titles being made available to Prime Gaming members...June 2022’s free games will be Far Cry 4, Escape from Monkey Island, Astrologaster, Across the Grooves, Calico and WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship...The six titles will be available to Prime Gaming members beginning on June 1st...

Did Amazon change it where it directly associates your Origin account and it no longer gives you a code to claim? Or is that just me....

There's Amazon Prime gaming now?! Is this going to be like the bazillion streaming services?

prime gaming is not free though, right? so does this really belong here? I mean, are we to see xbox/sony live whatever payed-subscription-based "free" games pop up here now?

Pseudo-free considering how many people have prime…I suppose

Games that fall under the Amazon games banner you loose when you drop your Prime subscription. Others, Origin, Steam etc.. you keep as long as you added them to those services.

Games that fall under the Amazon games banner you loose when you drop your Prime subscription. Others, Origin, Steam etc.. you keep as long as you added them to those services.

So the games don't have a DRM free installer?
I mean for single player games that's easily (and SHOULD be worked around).

So the games don't have a DRM free installer?
I mean for single player games that's easily (and SHOULD be worked around).
Ya know I really don't know but assumed. I always got the games I wanted that were on an external platform but avoided any Amazon only as I thought I would loose them as soon as I dropped my trial Prime sub. Sorry if I was steering anyone wrong.

I don't think this is true, you keep any games you claim. Even the ones on Amazon launcher.

I don't think this is true, you keep any games you claim. Even the ones on Amazon launcher.
you have to have a prime account to sign into it. if you cancel you account, you cant sign in, you cant keep the games in the launcher. only 3rd party games you get to keep. think there is even a blurb about it somewhere on the site or when you claim them.

you have to have a prime account to sign into it. if you cancel you account, you cant sign in, you cant keep the games in the launcher. only 3rd party games you get to keep. think there is even a blurb about it somewhere on the site or when you claim them.
That's not how it works, you are logging in with your Amazon account, which is free. You just won't get any new 'free' games if you cancel prime.

do you know or think this? it is also called "prime gaming" so i assume you have to have prime. you should try it and confirm your theory.
Its there on their site. :) most of the better games would be on other clients though, origin, steam, egs. GOG has had a couple also, although i can't remember which ones.

https://gaming.amazon.com/amazon-games-app

1656546097204.png

They will be giving away few decent ones for Prime days on july 12-13th, those will be redeemed on other clients though.

GRID™ Legends:
Mass Effect Legendary Edition:
Need for Speed™ Heat:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight — Jedi Academy™:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight II — Jedi Outcast™:
Star Wars™ Republic Commando

Its there on their site. :) most of the better games would be on other clients though, origin, steam, egs. GOG has had a couple also, although i can't remember which ones.

View attachment 487742

They will be giving away few decent ones for Prime days on july 12-13th, those will be redeemed on other clients though.

GRID™ Legends:
Need for Speed™ Heat:
well there ya go, you know. i looked and couldnt find that.

the only free games I redeem through Prime Gaming are the ones that use a 3rd party launcher like Steam, Origin etc...I redeemed Far Cry 4 and it got added to my Ubisoft Connect (formerly known as Uplay) account

View attachment 487742

GRID™ Legends:
Need for Speed™ Heat:
Hey thanks for the explanation. I never grabbed any Prime games as I thought they would be lost as I needed Prime to get to that section. Good to know.

Back