Far Cry 3 Trailer

Can't look at it from work, does this farcry tie in to far cry 1, far cry 2 or neither?

I still think the naming of Farcry 2 was wacking considering it shared not plot elements, characters, history, or developer with the original.

they all have guys with guns, LOL.
Maybe ties into the mercenaries from the previous game.

Pretty damn sweet!

Here's a HD 720/1080 Version - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGSSrp49uc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGSSrp49uc&feature=related[/ame]

Looks good...In for one.

I remember people saying that Crysis was really Far Cry 2... This looks closer to what Far Cry 2 should have been.

Although...I still like Far Cry 2. ;)

Day one purchase. Awesome trailer. I hope the game lives up to the hype.

Never got to finish FC2

No point, reason, or incentive to do so since everything is exactly the same and everyone and everything regenerates into eternity.

I've never seen a game excel more at offering the player LESS incentive to do something than Far Cry 2.

It looks good. It sounds good. The gunplay is solid enough...but that's it. It's a wonderful tech demo.

FC3 can only go up as far as I'm concerned so I'm watching this with some interest despite myself.

Never got to finish FC2

You didn't miss much. I can give you a synopsis:

You travel from A to B for a mission, then B to C, C to A, A to D, D to B, catch a bus to fast travel to E, E to F for malaria pills, pill location to D, D to A, go back to Mike's Bar and fend off an attack but you are seriously wounded and your buddies killed. You watch a cut scene of all the bodies being taken to the desert for disposal but fall out of the truck, get help and start map two with the same formula as above. Eventually, if you are still playing and haven't gotten bored of the respawning checkpoints of enemies, diamond hunting, or repetitive missions, you catch up with The Jackal and the two of you team up to end the conflict between the APR and UFLL. You make a choice to either escape and live while The Jackal blows himself up killing the rest of the guys or you take his place and die while he escapes. Sounds fun right?

To be fair, I re-baught the game a couple weeks ago on sale and started playing again but I am already bored again after only 5 hours.

FC2 was a pretty big let down when I got half way through it. I hope this one delivers. I really enjoyed the 1st one.

I'm glad they had all the items you can pick up flashing gold. I never would have seen them otherwise. :rolleyes:

I really want Jack Carver and/or Valerie Constantine back. Either one could have made for an interesting story line. Nothing in that video precludes that, so I can hope.

Even so, this one looks like it could be a winner, but Ubisoft and Crytek have not exactly been inspiring me with confidence lately.

I know it will be cross platform and I am cool with that, but please for the love of god there is no reason or excuse whatsoever to have some of the consolitus issues we have been experiencing lately in games. A check box to disable mouse accel/smoothing, a check box to disable glowing items, proper support for eyefinity/surround resolutions, proper AA support, truly hi res textures, and a PC centric menu for the PC version would be great. I don't mind the consolers getting theirs, so long as I am getting mine.

You didn't miss much. I can give you a synopsis:

You travel from A to B for a mission, then B to C, C to A, A to D, D to B, catch a bus to fast travel to E, E to F for malaria pills, pill location to D, D to A, go back to Mike's Bar and fend off an attack but you are seriously wounded and your buddies killed. You watch a cut scene of all the bodies being taken to the desert for disposal but fall out of the truck, get help and start map two with the same formula as above. Eventually, if you are still playing and haven't gotten bored of the respawning checkpoints of enemies, diamond hunting, or repetitive missions, you catch up with The Jackal and the two of you team up to end the conflict between the APR and UFLL. You make a choice to either escape and live while The Jackal blows himself up killing the rest of the guys or you take his place and die while he escapes. Sounds fun right?

To be fair, I re-baught the game a couple weeks ago on sale and started playing again but I am already bored again after only 5 hours.

Thanks for this! Now I don't have to play the game :)) hahha

Back