Far Cry 3 or Tomb Raider?

geraltofrivia

Limp Gawd
Trying to decide whether to redeem a steam gift card for Far Cry or Tomb Raider. I just beat Bioshock Infinite so it's going to be a tough act to follow. Which one should I get?

I think Tomb Raider was a better game but Far Cry 3 was a better value.If money and how much time you get out of a game are a factor for you FC3. If you like a more compact cinematic experience maybe TR.

I think Tomb Raider was a better game but Far Cry 3 was a better value.If money and how much time you get out of a game are a factor for you FC3. If you like a more compact cinematic experience maybe TR.

This. Both offer different experiences, but both are pretty decent quality.

I am currently playing both and they are great games. It would be hard to pick but I pick Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider. The main character of Far Cry 3 looks idiotic.

Tomb Raider, hands-down. I seriously didn't want the game to end and I'm not even a fan of the series.

Farcry 3 was a great game, but IMO got repetitive at times.

That depends - have you played Bioshock Infinite yet? :D

I loved Far Cry 3, but didn't get very far into Tomb Raider before Bioshock hit... I see that you decided to go with Tomb Raider, what do you think?

That depends - have you played Bioshock Infinite yet? :D

I loved Far Cry 3, but didn't get very far into Tomb Raider before Bioshock hit... I see that you decided to go with Tomb Raider, what do you think?

About 3 hours into TR and definitely liking it so far. I did just beat Bioshock Infinite yesterday and I doubt anything is going to measure up to that :)

Tomb Raider.

I almost didn't finish Far Cry 3 because the game narrative starts to wander towards the end.

She looks better in the artwork.
New_Lara_Croft.jpg

Her in-game redesign is... strange.

Now about 10 hours into the game and I have to say the graphics and gameplay keep getting better. Especially the graphics. On max settings, this is easily one of the best looking games ever made.

Back