Far Cry 3: First In-Game Multiplayer Footage

I enjoyed Far Cry 2. Played through the whole SP game.

Then I played Just Cause 2, which was everything that Far Cry 2 should have been. It reminded me of Far Cry, and how far Far Cry 2 strayed from that. It will be very difficult to convince me to buy Far Cry 3.

I hate to repeat what's already been said, but it's just an average CoD remake. Not a very good one at that. If the DRM is so tight that it makes it difficult to buy and play the game, I doubt sales will go very high.

So far, they aren't getting much good press on this one. I won't pirate it (what would be the point), and I'll probably buy it when it goes sub $20 for the single player (I loved FC1, liked FC2). But, I'm not interested in the MP on this one. I play BF3 online (PC only). That's about it.

Do developers know that you acutally used to have to find others players, by you know, looking around and that was half the fun? Kill counters used to be small text on the screen too as actually playing the game was the reward, not the e-peen numbers.

Maybe instead of red dots others players show up glowing noen green through clear walls and you have a giant bubble thats half the size of the screen that says "HEY MORON! HE'S BEHIND THIS WALL". Or maybe make it like an online game with mods, where you just click an enemy then sit back and tap some icons from time to time while eating pizza and watching a movie.

Hrmmm.... too hard still? Maybe just an iPad app that says +30XP in 72 point font and gives you badges, rank and randomly screams "BOOOM! HEADSHOT!" or "KILLSTREAK!" when you bang it against your face? We could call it Call of Duty: Super Black Elite Master App Edition.

Seriously WTF happened to games?

If I want a boring game with no replay value, I'll boot up Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

Farcry 2 was consolized shit. Does anybody even remember the multiplayer in FC2? It was a bad joke at best.

This may even be worse.

Consoles have held back development for far too long. I haven't had a game that required me to upgrade a video card in almost 3 years because everything is being developed for freaking xbox and ported for pc. It's not even "just" graphics ... everything is dumbed down for a console gamepad too. I mean, seriously, they are limiting the number of options available based on a gamepad designed over a DECADE ago with the release of the XBox.

Lots of whining about a pre-alpha build.

Sadly, when has a alpha build ever, ever radically changed too retail?

The only thing I have witnessed over the last recent ten years by developers, is when game footage is shown and the game sucks colossal ass, we get fed the same tired line of:

"This is just alpha footage, the final product will be much better then this"

They will not, repeat, will not radically and fundamentally change an entire games playstyle and design that far into production. Game engines at this stage can be -TWEAKED-, but not changed.

To change it would require

A. An entire re-writing of the interaction code
B. An entire re-production of the games animations, and animation cue's
C: A complete rebuilt of the games engine from the ground up, to change how the game looks and handles

No game, this far into production, will do this. Not even in a pre-alpha, what you are seeing now is exactly what you will get. They might "tweak" something, like have different weapons have their damage ratios changed, but nothing so fundamental as like creating a function to have your character have the option too say, blind fire when there wasn't one before

And yes, I have too prove this image too make a point

http://i.imgur.com/kXoz1.jpg

So bland i cringed. Only far cry multiplayer worth a damn were the instincts/predator games.

Looks like trash, Crytek needs to just license their engine and not make games.

Crytek hasn't had anything to do with far cry since the original far cry. This is all ubisofts doing now.

Graphics look worse than the first one. Thanks, consoles for ruining my PC games.

It's like these companies have no originality or ingenuity anymore.

"Hey guys, what's selling now? CoD? What do they have? XP? OK we need XP. RPG's? Yeah let's add in some RPG's." etc.

I bought Far Cry 2 when it was $5, I probably will never buy this game because I have a backlog of mediocre $5 games I have yet to play. I'm sure it'll get 8/10 or more at all the review sites though. :rolleyes:

Not going to even bother with this game, especially if its from Ubisoft. Another COD clone, how exciting, not.

Except for it being Ubi, and therefore being a $10 or less buy after, whatever super restrictive DRM has been removed, and/or the game has been patched, or community modded to be PC freindly, I was only ever really interested in the SP game anyway. So the the MP game play being uninspiring is hardly an issue to me.

What type of DRM is Ubi going to use?
Will the game have proper KB&M support?
Will it have, or be easily modded to properly support Eyefinity, as well as traditional PC options like AA?
Will it have a proper PC menu?
Will it have a manageable number of bugs, with no game breakers?
Will Ubi fix it if it does or will they abandon it?
Will Ubi cry like a bitch and call us all pirates if it does not sell due to general crappiness, either due to the game or just because people have grown to despise Ubi?

These are the questions I am more interested in seeing the answers to.

Looks like a best seller to me.

aka bleh

Too bad most people are borderline retarded and yeah. sadface

tough economy --> copy cod and get more sales > good game

I get that it looks like an average COD knockoff, but what exactly was everyone expecting? Not every game is going to reinvent multiplayer... I'm sure this will meet expectations. Might be fun for a few rounds, but I don't expect any longevity.

Meh looks like Far Cry 2.5 to me... Boring... Save the SP for the bargin bin or steam sale.

I loved Far Cry, but Far Cry 2 was the biggest piece of repetitive, unimaginative, lackluster crap I have ever had the misfortune of playing.

Don't even get me started on the Ubisoft DRM.

The only reason I would play is to give it an informed review that would reinforce my preconceived notions about the game, company and DRM. :mad:

Lots of whining about a pre-alpha build.

If it's so bad, why show it? Pre-alpha means dick. They thought it was good enough to show the public and they were proud of their work. Doesn't matter what stage it's in, it looks like balls. Even this early in the development process, you can tell which direction they are going with the gameplay, and it isn't good.

I am completely against piracy, but the only way ill play their games is if its a pirated copy because i am not dealing with B.S. DRM that requires you to jump through 22 hoops just to play.

I am boycotting their games.

I am still interested in the single player. I absolutely loved the first FC. If I see a review that makes this sound anything like FC2, I will not touch it. I kick myself every time I think of how I paid full price for FC2.

Back