Far Cry 3 Bug that makes hang gliders broken. Is there a fix?

song414

Limp Gawd
There are plenty of bugs in this game but one takes the cake...

The most annoying bug that breaks hang gliders for me is when you remap movement keys the hang glider keys dont remap and now it is the wasd keys still but my d key to move right doesnt work so im forced to turn all the way around left to move right. It is really annoying. Anyone know of a fix?

I'd use a key re-mapper. I was using one back when BF3 was released and you couldn't remap the Q button so whenever I wanted to strafe left I'd bring up the comms menu.

There are plenty of bugs in this game but one takes the cake...

The most annoying bug that breaks hang gliders for me is when you remap movement keys the hang glider keys dont remap and now it is the wasd keys still but my d key to move right doesnt work so im forced to turn all the way around left to move right. It is really annoying. Anyone know of a fix?

Keyboards are like 5 bucks a piece. Perhaps time to invest?

Keyboards are like 5 bucks a piece. Perhaps time to invest?

huh?

Buddy i just got a $150 logitech mx 5500 kb + mouse combo. If my D key was broken I wouldnt be able to type d... Besides I use that key as my medkit healing ability in far cry 3 and that works fine.

Sorry I totally forgot to check back to this. I used AutoHotKey.

http://www.autohotkey.com

basically it makes a little script, you tell it, when I press for example, Q, to actually make Q press say [ , and then map [ to the action you want in game for the whatever is being moody. You'd have to choose based on your game. I use Q for left strafe in BF3, but it would bring up coms, so I mapped left strafe to [ and told AHK to make Q press [ for me.

Sounds confusing when I read it, but it's super straight forward.

Not to hijack the thread, but i wish they had a fix for the stretched HUD in eyefinity.

Its rather shocking how much developers neglect the customized controls these days, I fear QTE events, i use custom controls and the usually never line up with what the QTE wants, perhaps that should be a requirement for play tester evaluation, look ones who use custom controls as a basis for choosing them.

There was a bug for the longest time in BF3 SP, on the last level, where it's basically the first level again with a little more to the end, the QTE wouldn't work for one of the jumps if you remapped the keys, even though in the opening level, that same jump, with the same remapped key, worked. Anyway, it wouldn't register, you'd get shot, and have to restart, 10 deaths later I decided to just default the keys, and boom, that was the issue.

Have you checked http://www.wsgf.org for a possible fix for the HUD in 3x1 format for Farcry 3?

Last edited:
Back