Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Funny - Bioshock was the only game I originally thought I would buy DLC for, and then this comes along. Looks hilarious, I'm definitely likely to buy.

I had no clue they were retroactively adding it to never settle bundles. Looks like I will be be playing this after all. I originally had this game pinned under "Wait until it's $5 on a Steam sale."

Repeat: You don't need to own Far Cry 3 to be able to buy this and play it.

Repeat: You don't need to own Far Cry 3 to be able to buy this and play it.

when i read the title i was "finally! i knew they would do it!" then "damn, i thought it was a DLC..", it would give me an excuse to play it again

I find that it's hard to put stock in the opinions of some here that thrown down money sight unseen based off trailers and screenshots. There are some users who's opinion I hold in high regard..

There's 15 minutes of gameplay linked in the OP. Seeing it was enough to make it a no-brainer buy for me, nevermind its a measily $15. All those neon edges on everything sealed the deal. Only wish it had multiplayer too. Who knows, maybe if it turns into a sleeper hit they'll expand on it since MP is a fixture in FC3 so not like the work isn't already done.

1. Noveau Palais (the sausage pancake place in the commercial) is a REAL restaurant in montreal and it has the most bomb burgers ever, and is open until like 2am on thursdays and fridays.

2. I hope this game reignites the desire for acrylic cases and UV glow everything in the case mod scene.

And.. the reviews are in.....

Gamespot – 8.5
Polygon – 8/10
IGN – 8/10
Worth Playing – 8.5/10
God is a Geek – 8/10
Destructoid – 7/10
Eurogamer – 9/10
Strategy Informer – 8/10
Lazygamer – 8.5/10
Game Informer – 8.5/10
Joystiq – 4.5/5
Edge – 7/10
Xboxygen – 4/5 (France)
MondoXbox – 9/10
CVG – 8.1/10

I got my AMD Never Settle notification for this game. Discovered I had to download it through Ubisoft's game client and sighed deeply. So far I haven't been able to get it to work - hopefully later today UPlay will recognize the purchase.

I got my AMD Never Settle notification for this game. Discovered I had to download it through Ubisoft's game client and sighed deeply. So far I haven't been able to get it to work - hopefully later today UPlay will recognize the purchase.

Me too. So far, no game. Nothing surprising there.

What's really funny is the hackers already got this game a month ago. So uplay has had the files loaded for at least that long. Now that it is the release date, no game. lol

Their digital distributor is the very definition of incompetent. So don't rage. Just shrug and sigh and wait for them to get their heads out of their butts.

Game is available now. Runs well enough. Small 3 gb DL but I think they skimped a lot on the textures. Game looks ok just not like FC3. Opening sequence is one of my favorite songs. So far so good but nothing amazing.

Yeah, so I downloaded Uplay, signed in, added FC3: BD to my cart, entered the promo code and it still lists the sub-total as full price.

What am I doing wrong??

You have done nothing wrong. The same thing happened to me. I e-mailed them about it and they took the charge off. They sent me a new redeem code.;)

UPlay does not minimize to tray...WHAT THE FUCK.

You click "X" and it just closes, in the middle of your download or whatever.

UPlay does not minimize to tray...WHAT THE FUCK.

You click "X" and it just closes, in the middle of your download or whatever.

I realized this an hour after I started downloading. A simple "You've got something downloading, you sure you want to close?" message would have been nice...

Can't assume programs will minimize with the "X" button. The very purpose of the "X" is to close. The "_" is for minimizing.

capturecw.png

Windows 101

Can't assume programs will minimize with the "X" button. The very purpose of the "X" is to close. The "_" is for minimizing.

capturecw.png

Windows 101

Uh...herp derp, that wasn't the point.

The other options (Steam, Origin) both minimize to the tray when you press "X". And if it were just a matter of minimizing to tray with the Minimize button, that would be fine. But it's impossible to do so.

Not only that, but I left to do some other things while downloading, and came back with it saying "Download Failed" for no apparent reason, only halfway done. Additionally, once you actually manage to get it downloaded, you have to install using InstallShield. What is the point of UPlay? LOL.

Get your shit together, Ubisoft.

I doubt anyone would value entertainment less because of price. That just sounds plain dumb. I'm not going to enjoy a movie that I paid $40 for a ticket to watch it in the theatre any more than watching it at home on my television. It's either good or bad. I value Crysis 3 that I purchased for $15, less than Counter-Strike, something that I obtained for free. It don't matter if he pirated the game or not, a shit game is a shit game. Paying money to support the developer is a different topic. At the end of the day it's his opinion, wait for more user/official reviews to roll out to get a better feel of the game.

But so far, if the game is going to be 3-4 hours, I really hope it's damn good. It does look col so far though.

That's absolutely incorrect. That's like saying people value things that they pay for as much as they value something they got for free. They simply don't...even for games. There is a reason I don't touch emulators anymore, I don't even enjoy the games as I didn't pay for them, I'm not vested at all.

You have done nothing wrong. The same thing happened to me. I e-mailed them about it and they took the charge off. They sent me a new redeem code.;)

So who do I contact, AMD or UBIshit?

Game is pretty fun. Cheese-tastic, so if massive amounts of 80s cheese shoved down your throat is not your thing, avoid like the plague.

Not sure how long the game is but it's already just as repetitive as Far Cry 3 was.

This game crashes non-stop for me installed via uplay and using the latest (320) drivers.

That's absolutely incorrect. That's like saying people value things that they pay for as much as they value something they got for free. They simply don't...even for games. There is a reason I don't touch emulators anymore, I don't even enjoy the games as I didn't pay for them, I'm not vested at all.

Sounds like a personal problem. So, whenever you receive a video game as a gift, it isn't as enjoyable just because you didn't put money into it? Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Again, you appreciate quality, not price. Shit that is free is shit, shit that is $10 is still shit.

And before this gets out of hand, let's just agree to disagree. Can already see this going in circles.

Back on track, I got Blood Dragon free from AMD and I am thoroughly enjoying it ;)

Last edited:
Game runs at 20 FPS for me everything on max settings at 1440p on my rig. But its still playable. Those hints at the start of the game were annoying but I guess it was there for fun and not to be taken seriously.

Just installed this game. Haven't laughed so much in the first few minutes of a video game in a long time.. This is what Duke Nukem should have been like!

Ran the game fine max everything else except AA at 60fps, my second card wasn't being used.

Just installed this game. Haven't laughed so much in the first few minutes of a video game in a long time.. This is what Duke Nukem should have been like!

Ran the game fine max everything else except AA at 60fps, my second card wasn't being used.

Glad to hear it, I hope I enjoy it just as much :D. Also, yeah I'm quite disappointed with Uplay as well.

The game breaths of awesomeness! Soundtrack of the year! Although I have my 80's shutter glasses on. As for Uplay, well, its just there and I already have it for other games. Not really a con for me. I paid the full price of 15 bucks and enjoy it so far.

Back