Far Cry 2 Benchmark crash

Light1984

Gawd
Anyone else have problems running the benchmark utility? I can play the game fine with everything maxed, but every time I try to load the benchmark utility it just comes up with an error message.

I have the same problem. Just did a fresh install of Windows SP2 then upgrade to SP3 and IE7 on my new computer.
New computer:
Asus P5Q Pro (Intel P45)
eVGA GTX 260
Crucial Ballistix 2 GB ram PC800
Intel E8400

I play the game Maxed out no trouble play for hours. Try to start the benchmark program and it gives me an immediate error:

Error signiture
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : fc2benchmarktool.exe P2 : 1.0.1.0
P3 : 490b241d P4 : fc2benchmarktool_tmp P5 : 1.0.1.0 P6 : 490b241d
P7 : 8f P8 : f2 P9 : system.typeinitialization

I haven't found too many people with this problem when I was doing an internet search. I think I must need some kind of .net update or something obscure.

Jerry

.Net framework perhaps?
ecstatic.gif

I just installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 which is supposed to update 2.0 and 3.0 at the same time , but it had no effect.

It has to be something simple, since only a few people have had this problem and I have very mainstream hardware.

Jerry

If you find a solution please post it. My sons box has the same issue, gave up after I reinstalled the game and .NET. Don't think it's a driver/platform issue. He's got a AMD 939/ATI 1800xt rig.

It's a Windows Xp issue of some sort because the game works fine. The only thing crashing is the benchmark settings window, which is it's own app.

I can run the benchmark on my P5k-VM (G33 chipset), E7300 OC to 3.6Ghz and eVGA 8800GTS 320MB machine. That machine has an old install with hundreds of Windows patches vs. the machine with the fresh install that is giving me problems.

Jerry

Yep, having the same problem here. The benchmark worked perfectly on my laptop with Vista 64 but it crashes on my XP SP3 box. Go figure! :mad:

Last night I logged on to play Far Cry and I noticed it automatically downloaded a small update. I also updated Windows and there were some .net fixes. Between them, one of them fixed the issue and now the benchmark works fine!

It's a Windows Xp issue of some sort because the game works fine. The only thing crashing is the benchmark settings window, which is it's own app.

I can run the benchmark on my P5k-VM (G33 chipset), E7300 OC to 3.6Ghz and eVGA 8800GTS 320MB machine. That machine has an old install with hundreds of Windows patches vs. the machine with the fresh install that is giving me problems.

Jerry

Well I did a reinstall of WinXP with SP3 on my P5K-VM machine and now the benchmark crashes on startup. I guess I'll have to do another reinstall with SP2 to see if it is something to do with Service Pack 3.

Jerry

The problem is the benchmark GUI requires some older DirectX DLLs that are not included in XP SP3 nor installed with Far Cry 2, but are on the Far Cry 2 disc, and can come with other games.

DVD-DRIVE:\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe
or
Direct From Microsoft

Back