Far Cry 2 $2.49 + Amazon $5 Editors Choice January credit

bigted

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Oct. 2013
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Far Cry 2 should have been called First Person Shooter in Africa. It is almost the most boring sequel I have ever played. Even 2.50 is too much. I spent 5 on a steam sale at some point and never even got a single dollar of entertainment out of it.

I remember installing FC2. I read some reviews that some people didn't like it and thought "Well, you tend to only hear the bad stuff on things, especially when things are average overall" and decided to try it. I think I made it an hour (a portion of which was the tutorial) and never played it again.

Shows $9.61 for me...

Oh well I thought of getting it for my kids... my oldest likes FPS games

and yeah FC2 is pretty bad, I actually made it through a few hours, just rather boring overall I thought, but I went back later and found it's kind of fun if you use a trainer and cheat and just go running around blowing things up and never dying or never running out of ammo!! In single player mode of course I mean...

Ugh, far cry 2..... I wouldn't pay $2.50 for it. I regret paying $5 for it a couple years ago.

I played far cry 2 way too long in the hopes something new would show up. There's nothing new to see after 60-90 minutes. (90 minutes if you find setting things on fire fun). I put in considerably more than 90 minutes, and feel like they owe me money.

It doesn't look bad, but there's like 10 people models, 4 vehicles, 10 pieces of vegetation, and maybe 50 pieces of buildings and structures. It's like the entire game takes place in a place one step up form a procedurally generated elder scrolls dungeon.

Most boring game I ever forced myself to play through until the end...only time I ever regretted finishing a game. I wish I could get those hours of life back.

Shows $9.61 for me...

Oh well I thought of getting it for my kids... my oldest likes FPS games
I still have a clean copy that I would gladly ship you if you pay for shipping charges. Although, I should say that I may not even have it anymore... I am willing to look for it if you want.

I played far cry 2 way too long in the hopes something new would show up. There's nothing new to see after 60-90 minutes. (90 minutes if you find setting things on fire fun). I put in considerably more than 90 minutes, and feel like they owe me money.

It doesn't look bad, but there's like 10 people models, 4 vehicles, 10 pieces of vegetation, and maybe 50 pieces of buildings and structures. It's like the entire game takes place in a place one step up form a procedurally generated elder scrolls dungeon.

I made the sacrifice to endure as much pain as I could those few days and made it to the Desert part... that was all she wrote.

If ever a Rated M (allegedly for Mature) was made more for 10 to 12 years old kids... this was it.

What kicked me in the nuts was the insulting of my intelligence and the fraud of Ubisuck by claiming this was the sequel of Far Cry. :doh:

The again, they did the same crap with Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six... two of my favorite Franchises. :(

So, basically they're paying you $2.51 to get this game. Still not worth it.

I m pretty sure i have like 4 copies of this laying around that came with video cards. Think i played it 5 minutes

This! I've never seen a game franchise go from heavenly high (FC1) to a hell like low (FC2) so fast. Makes me have a wait and see attitude about Far Cry 3.

Makes me have a wait and see attitude about Far Cry 3.

They have cut the fighting every 5 minutes between checkpoints and that's good... now they have you fighting bears, tigers, sharks, gators and lizards more than shooting or, and this is the best part... cutting different leafs to make potent health aids, skin the animal to increase how many bullets you can carry. Your weapon can either have an optical sight or longer magazine but not both because they want you to feel that real sense of being there. The main character was a punk snob kid yesterday and, all of a sudden, today he is a warrior :p :D

For the first hour I thought I was playing GTA: African style.... you drive back and forth killing dudes. Pretty lame. Very singular. I hate bossy games, now go do this, great, now go do this, thanks, now save this person, good, kill these guys. Fuck off let me do my own shit... that's why I pretty much play Multiplayer games now.

Back