Far Cry 1.2 Out

NOTD665

Gawd
Available at a few places. I'm downloading from Fileshack now, and will up it later.

We have it at 3D Gamers. The servers are already pretty busy, but the Australian servers don't seem to be completely filled I write this. Keep trying and eventually you'll get in. Good Luck!

cappy said:
NOTD665: Thx for the up, I'm getting a smooth 400kb/s off of it.
Ditto. I get about 230kb/s. 4 min DL time and no waiting in line at Fileshit or Gamespy aint bad.

Someone needs to set up a BitTorrent for it. Hey, a great use of P2P!

yay, and now far cry is screwed up :/ so much for the friggin patch, and from the forums @ ubisoft, it looks like not only me has gotten problems from this patch

Glyphic said:
yay, and now far cry is screwed up :/ so much for the friggin patch, and from the forums @ ubisoft, it looks like not only me has gotten problems from this patch
me too, the game doesn't even load.

hahaha this patch killed two of my friends boxes. AMD and Intel boxen both runnin Win XP. Anticipate a patch and it owns your rig, sounds like a good plan to me. ;) makes me really fear the XP service pack 2 release...

This is the info I got from the Ubisoft forum

After installing the v1.2 patch, you wont' be able to continue off your v1.1 save games. You can, however, start over from the beginning and create new v1.2 saves.

Optimummind said:
This is the info I got from the Ubisoft forum

After installing the v1.2 patch, you wont' be able to continue off your v1.1 save games. You can, however, start over from the beginning and create new v1.2 saves.

Strange, i loaded up a couple of my 1.1 saves perfectly fine after i updated to 1.2 I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact i have that "devmode" enabled?

87IROC Z said:
Strange, i loaded up a couple of my 1.1 saves perfectly fine after i updated to 1.2 I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact i have that "devmode" enabled?
nope worked for me too.

87IROC Z said:

Yea, I used the -devmode shortcut too but it didn't help. I'm wondering if it's b/c I had modified the DevMode.lua file to give myself the quicksave function.

No problems here. MP is screwed up. I.E it doesn't play as well as before but that is a game play balancing issue.

Gotta love a thoroughly tested patch. I played SP for over an hour and at leat it didn't bomb me back to the desktop (I have a 9800 NP). It wouldn't load one of my saves. It kept giving an error dialog box about not being able to load the forklift. It was able to load the save from the level before it though.

This is what I've seen so far. You move slower, it seems. The binoculars don't seem to show you the green recticles around the dudes until you zoom in enough to look up their noses either. The game seems to stutter a bit more for me now too.

yeah...i cant load my 1.1 saved games either im getting a critical error something about the forklift ....im running ati 9500...i read some where that it was a problem w/ ati cards...but who knows...hopefully we dont have to start our games from the beginning :( ... this sucks

Sorry to hear about folks having problems with the patch, but I wanted to report in that I'm having no problems with the 1.2 patch. No crashes or errors, sound works fine, and even my save games from v1.1 load up just fine.

Back