Far Car New Dawn 50% off on Steam ($19.99) until March 25th

revenant

[H]F Squad Captain
For any of you holding out to snap this up at 20 bucks...(like me).. here you go

Reactions: Azrak
like this
How is the gameplay since FC3? That is one of my favorite games. But I see the new games and there is like 10x the sheer amount of enemies, it doesnt look that fun spamming R while moving backwards.

A lot of FC3 was stealth and stuff and this kind of seems more like 'hey lol theres 200 enemies on the screen gl'

I remember stringing toghether those triple knife stealth combos in fc3, so much dopamine

How is the gameplay since FC3? That is one of my favorite games. But I see the new games and there is like 10x the sheer amount of enemies, it doesnt look that fun spamming R while moving backwards.

A lot of FC3 was stealth and stuff and this kind of seems more like 'hey lol theres 200 enemies on the screen gl'

I remember stringing toghether those triple knife stealth combos in fc3, so much dopamine

FC4 was one of my favorite games of all time. Really digged the storyline. FC5 was boring as shit though for me personally. I want to play New Dawn but seems to just be a cosmetic change instead of changing the overall pace of story.

FC4 was one of my favorite games of all time. Really digged the storyline. FC5 was boring as shit though for me personally. I want to play New Dawn but seems to just be a cosmetic change instead of changing the overall pace of story.

Did you play FC3

I did not play full thing no. Just a few scenes at my friends house way back in the day.

Oh ok. My logic was 'If he played my favorite game and says the next is even better....'

I think I had just bought and built a brand new rig moniter keyboard the whole dealio, went from like a build that I built out of mismatched old parts from cragslist and duct tape for 250 bucks and a 19" screen to a new moniter, new rig, just for that game.

Was very worth it!

Oh ok. My logic was 'If he played my favorite game and says the next is even better....'

I think I had just bought and built a brand new rig moniter keyboard the whole dealio, went from like a build that I built out of mismatched old parts from cragslist and duct tape for 250 bucks and a 19" screen to a new moniter, new rig, just for that game.

Was very worth it!

FC4 is worth the run-through if you can find it for cheap. What are some other games you enjoyed? FC4 was actually the first game I played fully in like 10 years so looking for recommendations.

From what I can tell New Dawn is FC5 with a pink paint job, some new items, new story, etc.. The general color pallet kind of reminds me of the Blood and Wine Witcher DLC but with more pink.. heh. I liked FC5 enough for it's sort very sand-boxy style, pick a direction and go fuck shit up, or follow the story or steal a plane and fly around then go fuck shit up.. Mindless fun but with the option to follow the story.. The only FC I have actually finished is the first installment... I should go back and try FC4 again because people seem to hold it in high regard and I never really played it.. That said I think I will get at least $20 worth of fun out of New Dawn.

Last edited:
FC4 is worth the run-through if you can find it for cheap. What are some other games you enjoyed? FC4 was actually the first game I played fully in like 10 years so looking for recommendations.

Fallout 4 might be up your alley. I like Banjo Tooie and stuff like that too, but IDK if that's going to be to your tastes

I've played them all except New Dawn. FC3, FC4 and Blood Dragon are my favorite games of the series.

FC5 was a mixed bag, but I still enjoyed it. The ending was pretty meh.

Was waiting for a sale for New Dawn and here it is.

I've played and beat FC2, FC3, FC4, FC5. I just bought New Dawn today. It's downloading now.
FC2 was fun until the respawning of enemies on the roadside outposts just made it annoying and repetitive while driving around. The storyline and progression were rather bland in the end.
FC3 was quite enjoyable with a good storyline, good graphics and game mechanics. It's the last Far Cry that felt like the PC was the main focus.
FC4 was also enjoyable, however the graphics and some game mechanic details were more dumbed down due to consoles. The story was decent, though perhaps not quite as good as FC3.
FC5 was about the same level of fun as FC4 for me. Even more dumbed down graphics and mechanics (ex: doors auto-open whereas in FC4 you had to open them) definitely influenced by consoles. It just feels like the PC is an "also" in terms of priority here for the graphics and gameplay. That kind of irritates me. The forced storyline scenarios were annoying but short enough to not totally kill it for me. The ending was meh as dark_reign said above. Since it's the most recent Far Cry game that I've beat (just a few weeks ago), I've been playing it again from the beginning (in the unlocked + mode, whatever that is) and have been just goofing around wasting all enemies that I encounter with no care for the storyline or missions. After a hard day of work it's nice to blow off some steam.
In general, with the Far Cry series I feel like the graphics and some gameplay mechanics are getting less innovative with each release.
I'm looking forward to New Dawn.

I was gifted New Dawn on my birthday (1 day after release?).. It's meh. I had no plans to buy it on my own to begin with. I enjoy the gunplay in the engine so I beat it. The Antagonists and the story line was completely forgettable, except for the very end of the game when there was a tad more about Joseph Seed (from FC5). I got excited when I realized Hurk was in it (archetypal 'redneck' american comic relief from other FC games) but his part in the story was a complete afterthought making me laugh about 0 times total. Just keep in mind this isn't a main series game, but I did enjoy Primal and I LOVE blood dragon.

The microtransactions are on a whole new level of comical, there isn't exactly a wealth of weapons in this game yet you can buy their silver bars for real money to get some guns a few minutes earlier then you would otherwise, or a couple useless skins. It's nothing game breaking, you can just choose to ignore it like everyone else.

If you haven't played Far Cry 5 and want to choose, get FC5, it's vastly superior in every way. Has better guns, better characters, better story, and much more to do right down to the fishing.

I was gifted New Dawn on my birthday (1 day after release?).. It's meh. I had no plans to buy it on my own to begin with. I enjoy the gunplay in the engine so I beat it. The Antagonists and the story line was completely forgettable, except for the very end of the game when there was a tad more about Joseph Seed (from FC5). I got excited when I realized Hurk was in it (archetypal 'redneck' american comic relief from other FC games) but his part in the story was a complete afterthought making me laugh about 0 times total. Just keep in mind this isn't a main series game, but I did enjoy Primal and I LOVE blood dragon.

The microtransactions are on a whole new level of comical, there isn't exactly a wealth of weapons in this game yet you can buy their silver bars for real money to get some guns a few minutes earlier then you would otherwise, or a couple useless skins. It's nothing game breaking, you can just choose to ignore it like everyone else.

If you haven't played Far Cry 5 and want to choose, get FC5, it's vastly superior in every way. Has better guns, better characters, better story, and much more to do right down to the fishing.

They put some serious work into those minigames. I remember playing poker in fc3 thinking 'this could almost be a standalone game and I would play'

games were a bit too predictable and you cant carry enough money tho

I read that the 100 Uplay points 20% doesn't stack with sales. Is that right? I would get New Dawn with the extra 20% off.

EDIT: Confirmed this DOES work.

Last edited:
They stack, just ordered New Dawn on the ubi store w/50% then the 20% off for 100 credits. Need to since some of your credits expire on 31 Mar. You should check your balance to see how many expire. Then use 100 to get 20% more off.

Back