Fantastic News - The Witcher sells over a million

whats the difference between this and hellgate london? hellgate london more scifi shooting diablo where this is more mmorpg?

whats the difference between this and hellgate london? hellgate london more scifi shooting diablo where this is more mmorpg?
Er, not really, this is a single-player story-driven RPG. Lots of differences in terms of game flow & purpose.
For a better idea of the game, I'd recommend watching some of the footage floating around, gametrailers might be a place to start. Also the option of picking your favourite review site.

This game snuck up on me. I saw it for the first time at Target while looking for Hellgate. I ended up not buying either so I could research it a little. With Hellgate having so many weird issues I think I might end up getting this one instead. I don't think I'll be picking it up yet (too many other games) but definitely by January.

"premiered around the world in 100,000 copies in Poland and a million abroad"

i think they meant 1.1 million copies were shipped, not sold.

So I just installed my UK version and played the first 30 minutes. Holy crap this game is sweet! Much higher production values than I expected from an eastern European developer. The opening movie, the cinematics, the dialogue.... Even the combat is fun (if not a tad simplistic).

I have a lot of half-finished games right now, so I'm not going to fully dive into it quite yet. I want to be able to give it my undivided attention. Can't wait until I do though....

Back