fan speeds for artic cooling twin turbo pro

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
I just installed Arctic Cooling's Twin Turbo Pro on my HD4870 and im fairly impressed with the fan noise and such. I was wonder if there was any way to tweak the fan speeds, as I was able to using CCC on the stock cooling. Im not even sure if the fan is running at full speed or not. As a note, I am connecting the fan with the 4-pin connector on the video card.

as i can remember from my experience with the attp and a sapphire 4870, that coolers fans are not fully compatible with the card and ccc.

does that mean the fans goign to run at 100% default? i just want those fans to run as fast as possible since they are super quiet right now

i think that the fans of the attp had a strange way of spinning.
when the card was idling the fans would go under the 20% of the limit of the ccc.
then for an unknown reason the fans would go at even 100%.
some programms showed weird rpms like 954629888 or 726534317.
so that coolers fans, maybe i say maybe because they are 2 and not 1,
might not work or be adjusted like the stock cooler.
i never found a solution to any of that.

Yeah some programs report weird rpm for the fans. I cant seem to find a way to adjust their rpm settings.

This seems obvious but I can't tell if you already tried it: MSI Afterburner? You can make a custom fan speed profile which will ramp up on its own, or force a % of your choosing. I'd say this is ideal: make your own personal solution rather than relying on default settings.

does that mean the fans goign to run at 100% default? i just want those fans to run as fast as possible since they are super quiet right now

I'd see how hot the core gets at different fan speed levels before setting something drastic like 100% speed. That way, you can gain the big advantage the the TTP offers, whisper quiet operation, and still get good temperatures. Just food for thought.

Hope you like the card :).

Tried that yesterday. No luck with the fan speeds. I do like it better than CCC though, because i can tweak the vcore for better OC. Thanks! I guess theres no way to manually change the fan speed =\

Back