Fan Problem on XFX 8800GT

Y2K SE

Gawd
Anyone else have this problem? The two blue wires on the fan of my XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition aren't actually connected, so the fan always spins at 100%.

I received my card from NewEgg a couple days ago. The fan sounded like it was spinning at a constant 100%. I couldn't get anything to spin it down. Finally, I pulled the heatsink/fan assembly off the card and noticed that the two blue wires (I assume they are needed for speed adjustment) were cut before they reached the fan connector. For now, I disconnected the fan and used nTune to back the core and memory timings way down so that the card will continue to run without overheating.

Anyone else have this problem? The two blue wires on the fan of my XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition aren't actually connected, so the fan always spins at 100%.

I received my card from NewEgg a couple days ago. The fan sounded like it was spinning at a constant 100%. I couldn't get anything to spin it down. Finally, I pulled the heatsink/fan assembly off the card and noticed that the two blue wires (I assume they are needed for speed adjustment) were cut before they reached the fan connector. For now, I disconnected the fan and used nTune to back the core and memory timings way down so that the card will continue to run without overheating.

I've seen one post I believe it was 8800GT made by EVGA where cable was not connected at all, in your case it is even worst. I would contact newegg right away for a replacement. I have XFX 8800GT alpha dog 640Mhz edition and my fan was connected properly.

Good luck ;)

I have the same card. When I start my core center tool, it doesnt show fan speed for my VGA??

Got an update from XFX support. It appears that some of these cards were shipped with the fans setup to always run at 100%. I'm still working towards a resolution with them.

I've had the exact same problem, the control/speed sensor cables are just inexistant. XFX is ready to RMA them though.

img1188rszty7.jpg

Back